changing alternator increase power?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

muncee

heard that changing the alternator to higher amp wil give power increase.....
any sifu can give some comment?

thanks

erm nops
bigger altenator only recharges the Battery ,
if your alternator not powerfull enough to power the battery of cos you in trouble
bigger altenator only helps to recharge bigger batteries

oh.. so it doesn't help at all in power lah?
;)

got power increase if and only if
u using big battery than ur normal specifications
then use small altenator
battery not getting fully charged
then now u put bigger altenator :P battery charged properly :D
altenator is just a Dynamo like basikal one la to recharge :D

without an alternator all ur eletrical's will be dead , the battery is just to get the engine started , once the engine is started , all the eletricals stuff depend on the alternator , thats why when ur a/c compressor kicks in , ur lights will be dimmer and then it gets back to normal , cause the a/c compressor shares the same pully with the alternator , when the a/c robs the power the alternator will slow down and then regain speed . basically bigger alternator is much better in terms of supplying the power .

xtorm ,
he was talking bigger alternator interms of amps not size

no power increase but...

let say u have a small alt to charge ur bat, but cant manage to fully charge ur bat, so you operate in not fully charge bat

but vice versa in big alt can fully charge ur bat and running full power

in the sence that you fell better power.

I guess it will also help out in smoothing the idling if your car has a lot of ICE... :)

so in order to get better flow of "current" you will need to change both alternator and battery to a bigger one? :huh: Anything else?

oh yeah... forgot about that... doesn't voltage stabilizer provides grounding functions as well?

hey guys, this might be off-topic a little... but before I replaced my alternator, myl lights never dimmer whenever the A/C kicked in, but now after replacing the alternator, my lights would dim. Could the cause of this be a lower amp alternator?

just a wild shot, Cow... but maybe any loose connections? :P

recheck as in taking it to a shop?
How would I know if my alternator is weak or something like that? I don't wanna kena "potong leher" ler

u can check the voltage output by the volt meter.....

Originally posted by JINEIL2EN@Jan 25 2005, 11:45
ok thanks.

Btw, is it ok if I use a higher amp alternator? High as in higher than my stock one?
Any drawbacks to this?

Originally posted by Cow+Jan 25 2005, 11:49 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cow @ Jan 25 2005, 11:49 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JINEIL2EN@Jan 25 2005, 11:45
ok thanks.

Btw, is it ok if I use a higher amp alternator? High as in higher than my stock one?
Any drawbacks to this? [/b][/quote]
soli, i oso confuse bout this, but claim fr 1 infamous mod car company, TopFuel. they claim that dun hav any side effect if u can tune ur car properly by using 24K fuse, volt stabelizer.....etc.

Top Bottom