car polish

Defi

Jan 18, 2004
Originally posted by hyperlemon@Aug 6 2004, 10:10 PM
any1 buy the polish car's machine?
i just ask for the price bosch de RM300(can adjust high or low)
dont buy, use a few times then lazy already ..
your whole hand will vibrate one .. damn uneasy .. (for me lah)

mav

Jul 13, 2004
hey guys..

i'm thinking of getting some meguiars products..tell me what u think

thinking of getting the Step1, Step2 but the last one should i get the Gold Class wax or the NXT?..can't decide lahh..which one better?

i've been looking around for Autoglym products..can't seem to find it anywhere..been to ACE at midvalley and Ikano and also Eneous..don't have...any idea where can find Autoglym stuff?

if i use my polyglaze wash n wax to wash my car..will it strip of the waxing i put using meguiars?

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
let me share mine oso

i use soft99 luster - to polish of scratches...

wax and wash by Kit product

wah, ur car is certainly very shinny.. nicely done.. btw how good is the soft99 luster? can it be use to remove swirl marks and scratches?

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
I Confused A Bit Now...

Wax = Polish?

What About Polish Cut? Necessary?

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
wax = a kind of substance...either natural or synthetic. is used to protect the paint surface...it acts as a sacrificial barrier.

polish = 1) an abrasive substance used to remove paint surface impurities. (from very aggressive to least aggressive)
2) non abrasive substance, containing polishing oils only.

so waxing and polishing is different. base on meguiar's 5 step paint care. u wash -> prep -> polish -> wax(protect) -> maintenance. basically u need to identify the condition of ur car's paintwork, from there u plan what you need to do.

for me, i only use Meguiar's and 3M products. after washing i'll use meguiar's paint cleaner for prepping. then i skip the polishing stage coz i send it to my detailer for polishing once every six months. i'll do one layer of either Meguiar's polymer sealant or Meguiar's NXT tech wax a.k.a. synthetic wax. then a layer of 3M perfect-it carnauba wax a.k.a. natural wax ontop of the synthetic wax. just a reminder, nvr put carnauba wax 1st then synthetic wax ontop of it bcoz the synthetic wax will remove the carnauba layer. reason behind this is most if not all synthetic wax has cleaning detergents inside them which will remove the carnauba wax, whereas a good carnauba wax is just pure wax without any cleaning properties.

Last edited:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
wau.. thanks mengz... very insightful... not easy to keep car shining eh?

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
its easy to own a car.......but maintaining it is difficult in every aspect :P

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
Hmm where do i find those good polish like u guys mention ... like soft99 n etc

i go giant n brothers also dun have geh ><

all is wax onli..

need to polish out cz dunno who scratch my car, but i think its nto deep thou

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
yup...also experienced this,my car was painted in pearl orannge gold and this watermarks was spotted everywhere.
but i already found the solution,i juz used soft99(i bought it in jusco under car product section),not sure which version but silver colour can that are suitable for metalic and pearl colour.
it would not clear the stain for 1st time application,u need to polish it 2-3 times,and it will bring the shine back as good as new. :)

sebastian2hot

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
Hmm where do i find those good polish like u guys mention ... like soft99 n etc

i go giant n brothers also dun have geh ><

all is wax onli..

need to polish out cz dunno who scratch my car, but i think its nto deep thou
Most of the product can be found in eneos 1 utama, metro prima(jusco kepong) and also ace hardware in midvalley.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Love the Honda Civic? Then let’s give a warm welcome to the 9<sup>th</sup> Generation of the best-selling mid-sized sedan, officially launched today by Honda Malaysia at the Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang (MAEPS). With the 1<sup>st</sup> generation tracing back to nearly 40 years ago, the Civic line has triumphed above its rivals by offering a high level of driving performance, quality and fuel efficiency for a car in its class. And they are set to maintain their reputation with the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience