can afternoon heat/temperature kill ur glass window?

flat_tyre

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
i was driving my bro's old toyota LE last saturday, in the afternoon. suddently, while driving, my front glass window crack...!!! the whole glass summore. i thought like hit by a rock or something, but by the way it crack, doesnt looks like being hit by an object.

is it because of the heat? how to prevent this?

flat_tyre

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
but, if being hit by a rock, the crack will look something like this...

my car different, the crack was all over the glass...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
but, if being hit by a rock, the crack will look something like this...

my car different, the crack was all over the glass...
just a difren level of impact. this 1 is directly turn into 'spiderman', other than that is just a small crack...day after day, will crack bigger & bigger due to air press...

CarroTT

Known Member
Nov 9, 2006
my sisters suzuki swift arr oso window crack, coz the window frame dunno why somehow kenot hold the glass properly.

But its on warranty, change lor, preee mar

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
its because tempered glass. tempered glass once crack, all glass will crack to gazillion pieces..

another is laminated glass. laminated wont crack to pieces. might be just 1 or 2 crack..

*if im not wrong la..

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
if u leave ur car everyday under the sun,it can cos ur windshield to discolor.
like rainbow.that's what i know la.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
ur mistaken me for somebody else lar jin....hahaha
hahaha...not every tauke oso the same 1 meh..?? my tauke is like that 1 ma....:proud:

mine 1 just parked at roadside....under the sun & rain & dust & some butt/asses.....:bawling::mad:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
u also taukey what.....try to pretend to be kuli....kuahkuahkuah..:P
me just a kuli wat....:bawling:

if i'm the tauke, won't driving old junk liao ma....:bawling:

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
for my experience if your front windscreen got a small hold or and tiny hold it will crack one day and finish...this due to the pressure of the wind that is hiting your windscreen from the opposite direction....i once drive a 15 year old toyota Liteace on a highway at about 70 KM/h and suddenly..."piang" the Windscreen broken in to tiny pieceses...that's scarry man lucky at the front and beside my Van there's no other car and i manage to block the glass that hit me and regain control or the Van otherwise it will be an accident...

is better to go for Double layer windscreen cause when it crack the second layer will hold the broken glass...and try to get a the insurance to insure your windscreen....