Buying a 2nd hand car

TKX

May 10, 2007
i planning to buy my 1st car second hand wan...

Juz wanted to ask all the sifu here, what i really need to check on the car when buying a second hand car? such as the engine condition all those things...how to check??

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
contact me at 012-2977012, pay me a visit and i'll give u some advice and choices....

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
bro, for me engine is 2nd part, the important is the chassis itself, if chassis not good or have been accident badly its would not satisfied your driving... some more if u could repair it, its wont give a perfect balance, the engine is more repairable some more u can change it even it involve some cost to it...
Find some chassis defect like any welding spot that suppose its should not be, normally original body are joint by like rivet spot weld and will be seal with silicon sealant.
Look at the front panel at the radiator, absorber housing front and rear, any chassis pillar, door setup, under body floor for any structure problem...

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
1. Check google for tips on buying 2nd hand car.

After you have found the type of car you are looking for,

2. Check google / forum for for car. when i first short listed audi as 1 of my prefered choices, i checked the club owners or forums and i found that maintenance can cost a significant amount and hard to find spare parts.

Once you are happy, get:

3. Puspakom to check on the car AND
4. Bring to your mechanic

TKX

May 10, 2007
thx for all the advice guys...i will note all that u guys said.... ~.~" wont get the money until march...haiz

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
Golden Rules when buying a second hand car.
YOU must TEST drive the car !
Drive it on the highway, drive it on the normal street road....
rev it from time to time then you will know how the car will behave...

Fairlady350

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
I do suggest that you should go with someone who is familiar with second hand vehicle to check your intented purchase with you. It's true that while the engine seems to be the heart of the vehicle, at any point, it is replaceble but not the chassis.

Therefore, check for previous signs of accidents or major damage on the chassis.

Best wishes.....

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
buying used car.. prepare money to fix it... it will have wear n tear parts to be replaced even its ok on the test day or a month or 2 of usage.. but problems will arise.. thats the nature of buying used car... but buying some BRAND NEW cars also have the same tendancyies as well...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
u can insist to check on the car, bring yr mechanic along...test drive it..some used cars are still in good condition..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

taiko-taiko.. i need help here.. im going to buy my first car for my performance car..is thinking to have a powerful car but dun want to worry bout the maintenance later on..

i was thinking of evo 7.. but heard macam2.. so :-
-is it really worth it??
-will evo 7 cause me headache later?
- hows the fuel consumption?
-the maintenance?
* thinking to use it as a daily car..

or shld i go for dc5.. which 1 better??

really need help here.. :confused: :hmmmm:

need to re-edit the thread as...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience