Bridgestone RE002 or Toyo T1R Feedback

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
do u guys really think japan made tires real good? probably good for their weather and road conditions but hell apart from ours.
thats why id say thai/indo made BS/michelin came closest to our weather.
Theres still all weather tyres and summer tyres ma. Which they have.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
been using both tires but in different sizes, id say RE002 better than T1r in overall stats.
T1r had a slight tendency to "makan tepi" altho i always monitor the tire pressure and chamber. at least for my case.

do u guys really think japan made tires real good? probably good for their weather and road conditions but hell apart from ours.
Yes, even if u have a slight negative camber the thread will look like u doing the stupid "hella-flush @ stance @ etc" style over-negative camber to your car. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Them UHP and Extreme tyres are considered as summer tires everywhere though.

Yes, even if u have a slight negative camber the thread will look like u doing the stupid "hella-flush @ stance @ etc" style over-negative camber to your car. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I thought stance isn't that popular here? But that's really dumb. :rofl:

still better than those beemers with 18 inch 19 inch but rolling on cheap ass tires bro. hehe
I tell everyone it's for safety purposes when I go fast mah. :rofl:
Got to put a potenza sticker soon too :rofl:

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
all summer tires still too extreme for poor old roads in msia. a set of my AD08 only last me about 25k km.

well.. im not into silly hella stance things, but my ride is set to have slight -ve camber off the bat.
with lotsa potholes in and around my workplace, cant help it to get into one of em everyday of the week therefore monitoring my camber is paramount.

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
UTQG?
Also, how'd it compare to say, the R1R, if you've tried it?
UTQG = Uniform Tire Quality Grade
id say the UTQG differs from one manufacturer to another. different manufacturer has their own secret and blend.

AD08 = 180 AA A
R1R = 140 AA A

in layman's term, the lower the number the the higher the wear rates therefore higher grips provided.

nah i never consider R1r since the UTQG was too low for daily drive. altho AD08 quite low as well but just "gatal" to try a set.

evo2006

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
i also have to made decision between t1r and re002 as my rear tyre. i m just ask the tyre shop,the price for my 205/45/16 is rm360, wheras re002 are lack of stock now due to bridgestone are now focus on production on ecopia

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
UTQG = Uniform Tire Quality Grade
id say the UTQG differs from one manufacturer to another. different manufacturer has their own secret and blend.

AD08 = 180 AA A
R1R = 140 AA A

in layman's term, the lower the number the the higher the wear rates therefore higher grips provided.

nah i never consider R1r since the UTQG was too low for daily drive. altho AD08 quite low as well but just "gatal" to try a set.
Ah, treadwear. Ok. RE002 isn't that much better either. Mine comes with 220 A A. Heh.

i also have to made decision between t1r and re002 as my rear tyre. i m just ask the tyre shop,the price for my 205/45/16 is rm360, wheras re002 are lack of stock now due to bridgestone are now focus on production on ecopia
That's quite expensive. Where'd you check? Mine was 205/55/15 for 250 each for 002.

Last edited:

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If you drive very careful in rainy day, then RE002 is better for u (especially if u like to take hard-corner in dry). it stop better in rain, and excel in other aspect if compare to T1R. But it also wear out faster than T1R. Cant comment on GY Directional 5 and Nitto Neo-Gen since i have no experience with them. But once my current T1R wear-off, i surely will give a try for Nitto Neo-Gen after considering it good price and good feedback from website @ forum.
Heard about nitto but never have the chance to try it.

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Those legal Japan made tyre bring in to Malaysia are made for summer session, so no worry about it.
4 session tyre normally not suitable for Malaysia market, so no tyre maker will import to here, only those parallel import dealer.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

New
Wet - Re002

After 20~30% use
Wet - T1R

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Wait for Re003 next year(Confirmed), just duno which quarter launch in Malaysia

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Next year should Botak liao, as u oledi know Re002 treadwear very low.
Once wear one side u cannot rotate anymore....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
IIRC T1R has quite bad wet grip though, from the reviews that I saw. That's what stopped me from getting the T1R in the first place.
I mention of T1-R aquaplane resistance not grip. T1-R thread pattern quite a lot of grooves, so aquaplaning kept low, but then less contact surface so grip is not there. T1-R I used before and keep on wheel spin if I power up in the wet. Sidewall also too soft so I need to increase air pressure but then comfort suffers.:banghead:

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Been using both tyres. My opinion is like this:
Dry - re002
Wet - re002
Anti-Aquaplanning - t1r (inflate below 30psi. if more, the anti-aquaplanning capability will gone)
Treadwear - t1r last longer than re002
Braking in both wet & dry - re002
Steering feedback - re002.

T1R may look bad in most aspect. But remember, it better in the most important aspect which is anti-aquaplanning (especially in Malaysia). Dont forget to check for Nitto Neo-gen @ good-year eagle directional 5 which I heard also good in anti-aquaplanning. GY not a top choice in our country even their product is good.
Probably side line by the big brother the Asy2.....:driver::biggrin:

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I mention of T1-R aquaplane resistance not grip. T1-R thread pattern quite a lot of grooves, so aquaplaning kept low, but then less contact surface so grip is not there. T1-R I used before and keep on wheel spin if I power up in the wet. Sidewall also too soft so I need to increase air pressure but then comfort suffers.:banghead:

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Probably side line by the big brother the Asy2.....:driver::biggrin:
Ya, heard that T1R always spin

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wanna ask help and suggestion from zth member, is that possible to have 4g92p engine and ori 1.6 7 bolt flywheel, ori 8 inch clutch on to the 4g15 gearbox? will the larger clutch wont fit the gearbox housing? and also the starter can fit the 1.6 flywheel?? pls , help!! :bawling::adore::adore::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience