Brake Pads...help Needed

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

gtishadowfax

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
bros,

anyone knows OEM brake pads for GTi satria?

...or any suggestion for better brands?

tq.

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
Depends on your budget...
im not sure OEM brake pad for sGti,but mintye are supply brake pads to proton.
Famous brake par: ECB, Endless, mintye, metal king, etc...

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
IMHO, settle for something after market, not to say the OEM one is not good... its the most reliable but the problem is the OEM ones is very dusty, just changed mine to aftermarket and its not dusty... my rims stay clean after weeks of not washing... when I was using the OEM on long drive daily my rims will be all browny dusty... :thumpdown Like for GTi the car is high performance, if u settle for something aftermarket and non OEM make sure its a good one... :rock:

My 2 cent and experience....

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
mintye is fine. cheap, no dust. good enough for daily driving.. but after a few weeks of use you'll realize you want more bite :biggrin:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
go for metal king or EBC... those are good stuff... less dust also...
i currently using AFI pads lar... cheaper mah... my car iswara only, cannot go fast, so no need superb braking....

lude

Known Member
Aug 5, 2004
KL
give mintex a try.. must say its a bit pricey but definitely worth it..

lude

Known Member
Aug 5, 2004
KL
its mahal for me lah :P

its the M1144 that came with the SatriaR3

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
How much is the M1144 for front only ? Any idea ?

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
look for soft brake pad, so no harm for your disc rotor.
BUt, your brake pad life time shorter n disc rotor life time longer...

tombstone

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
well worse to worse scenario for those who use bendix metal king or any brake pad that tend to makan disc, is that you have to skim ur disc rotor more often la than usual..keke.....

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
lude : I think RM700 for a pair of brake pads are not worth it....

Well for me I am genting kaki... drive up n down like mad... hehe... currently still running on OEM as I just bought a new car... my current stock pads are good but dusty like hell... well normal for proton pads... but the problem is even the rotors are new I need to skim them already as there is like a small scratch mark's on the rotors... the shop guy suggested me to use good pair of brake pads with japanese rotors.

Will cost close to RM 450 for good pair of rotors and brake pads.... :biggrin:

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
One more thing... there is a guy in this forum selling custom brake pads... can order from him a pair to see its reliability... I think its quite good as many getting it from him....

lude

Known Member
Aug 5, 2004
KL
rattan said:
lude : I think RM700 for a pair of brake pads are not worth it....
i trust the R3 guys with their R&D but heck when it comes to money.. to each his own.. drive safe.. cheers :)

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
help on mine too

nicteh said:
Depends on your budget...
im not sure OEM brake pad for sGti,but mintye are supply brake pads to proton.
Famous brake par: ECB, Endless, mintye, metal king, etc...

my fr nitech.....got a prob here with my wira brake conversion too..recently i got a drum brake but i wanted to change it to disc brake....wat u think the oem best affordable brand for this ?...only REAR disc brake.......any suggestion.....

BTW..if i need to change it disc brake wat are the items i need to consider?....like if i buy the rear brake kits ....i got the disc rotor, brake calipers, brake pad, brake lining...wat else other items i need to buy any?......

it very hard to find a sec hand or a used part in recond (wira 1.6/1.8 disc brake) shop/chop shops nowadays......i tried many shop but they dun hav these itesm......buy the new orignal its expensive....

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
CraZieThug5057 said:
my fr nitech.....got a prob here with my wira brake conversion too..recently i got a drum brake but i wanted to change it to disc brake....wat u think the oem best affordable brand for this ?...only REAR disc brake.......any suggestion.....

BTW..if i need to change it disc brake wat are the items i need to consider?....like if i buy the rear brake kits ....i got the disc rotor, brake calipers, brake pad, brake lining...wat else other items i need to buy any?......

it very hard to find a sec hand or a used part in recond (wira 1.6/1.8 disc brake) shop/chop shops nowadays......i tried many shop but they dun hav these itesm......buy the new orignal its expensive....
Ok wira ori uses 4 lugs.... try looking for 5 lugs, better performance.... chop shop surely got one, can modify other cars one also,maybe u need to get the bracket's for ur car... It will cost you not more then 1k + installation + pads.... do not get new one's not worth it....

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
lude said:
i trust the R3 guys with their R&D but heck when it comes to money.. to each his own.. drive safe.. cheers :)
yea the car looks O.K but the price sucks....:fight:

gtishadowfax

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
agreed. lookin at R3 oso b4 goin for this GTi...but the price...
and 2nd hand value...

thanks for all the usefull tips.Glad to have u guys here!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The cool thing about tuners is there's almost nothing that cant be tuned to be better than what it already is. But to perfect a car like a Lamborghini is no easy feat, that's why potential customers almost always stick to a brand they are familiar with, like AMG, BRABUS, Alpina, and you get the picture. But here's a relatively unknown tuner with a special edition...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience