Boost Up Calling all sifu!!!

SnooK_B

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Damansara
www.mudah.com.my
hai yall wazup...its been a while i aint post sometin.bz wit work n stuff..aite thn my question is like this--->if we using stock ECU stock turbine how high can da boost go in other word how many psi max boost for stock ECU n turbine???(talking bout FD3S)

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i would not exceed 12psi provided his system is in top shape and fuel pressure at 28-32psi at least

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
0.6 - 0.7 bar... some pushes it to 1.0 bar, but up to you on that. our cars do not "comprehend" boost pressure the same way piston engines do... a 0.1 bar change in boost pressure in a rotary is alot more than similar pressure changes in a piston engine. btw, why do u ask?

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member
Oct 2, 2004
RE engine take detonation very harshly. I would go with phat7 and say 10 or 12psi. If you have a PFC, i would say 14psi or 1bar. But at that pressure do not expect the stock turbos to be running for long.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
yeah... u need to consider the exhaust and intake as well..
just changing intake and exhaust.. with all the main cat and pre-cat around.. that's about it.. 8 to 10 PSI... with DP and MP... stock ECU and stock turbos will give u more than 12 PSI... and boost cut + fuel cut.

fuel cut for stock ECU is around 0.8 BAR.

i think it should be like that la.

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member
Oct 2, 2004
"Allowing the stock system to run above 11psi is not advisable without modifying the stock ECU, since it isn't programmed to respond to boost above 12psi. As well, the fuel system is limited to 13psi. Once those systems are upgraded, boost level can be controlled by installing a manual valve in place of the wastegate acutator restrictor pill, or installing a pill with a smaller orifice. BOV settings do not affect working boost level." Taken from rx7.com/forum

quixeric

Known Member
Dec 30, 2005
im still not good wit those measurement if u guys kind enuf mayb can fill in
8psi = ??bar
10psi = ??bar
12psi = ??bar

SnooK_B

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Damansara
www.mudah.com.my
joe13 said:
0.6 - 0.7 bar... some pushes it to 1.0 bar, but up to you on that. our cars do not "comprehend" boost pressure the same way piston engines do... a 0.1 bar change in boost pressure in a rotary is alot more than similar pressure changes in a piston engine. btw, why do u ask?
i wanna put low cost budget to get lil bit power though...my budget is only can aford electronic boost controler...u have any idea to get lil bit 'G' force into my ride?

quixeric

Known Member
Dec 30, 2005
good idea to get a boost controller, now it comes wit scramble mode where u can overboost for a short term and u can lowered ur boost anytime, dun play too much or else the solenoid will be gone soon.
if u try to get lil power from adjusting boost ok la, if u want more power from adjusting boost u might end up with a hole in ur wallet when ya engine blow.
:p

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member
Oct 2, 2004
quixeric- that scramble boost thing does not sound like a good thing to me. Yes, it would increase your boost for that particular time but a good tune on a steady boost pressure would be more advisable. Well at least for me.
As for your question about pressure converversion, google.com is your best friend. My fav would be onlineconversion.com cause it is easy to remember.
1Bar = 14.7psi you can calculate back if you want to.

SnookB - If you can't afford a electronic boost controller. Than don't get one. Get a manual boost controller and a good boost guage. Well you need to manual boost controller to be excat. Search up damian on rx7.com/forum. He is one of a few people that really is a great rx7 owner. He did a manual boost controller/bleed valve for his FD. With a little tweaking, he got the perfect 10-8-10 boost pattern. If you can't find it , you can pm me.

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
SnooK_B said:
i wanna put low cost budget to get lil bit power though...my budget is only can aford electronic boost controler...u have any idea to get lil bit 'G' force into my ride?
Gettin the electronic boost controller is a good idea. I've always found manual BCs to be alittle bit tedious and inconvenient, however, they tend to hold boost better and "stabil-er". Honestly, with the 7', aka "the money pit" as the americans put it, there really is no such thing as a "low cost budget to get lil bit power". You can scramble boost the whole day to get that little bit extra, but your car's gonna be that little bit extra faster in dying too. Some cheap-asses (aka ME) get boost controllers to "de-tune" boost and prevent spikes after the additions of after market stuffs (damn you phat7...). If you're really looking to get the extra bit 'G' force into your ride CHEAP, you need to sacrifice... lighten your car. That's FREE pony power, and honestly, you'd be surprise at the difference it makes. However, at the expense of comfort and higher noise level, do you think it's worth it? But heck, is the 7's really meant for comfort? and track day's a-coming....... Go figure, your choice...

Last edited:

SnooK_B

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Damansara
www.mudah.com.my
joe13 said:
Gettin the electronic boost controller is a good idea. I've always found manual BCs to be alittle bit tedious and inconvenient, however, they tend to hold boost better and "stabil-er". Honestly, with the 7', aka "the money pit" as the americans put it, there really is no such thing as a "low cost budget to get lil bit power". You can scramble boost the whole day to get that little bit extra, but your car's gonna be that little bit extra faster in dying too. Some cheap-asses (aka ME) get boost controllers to "de-tune" boost and prevent spikes after the additions of after market stuffs (damn you phat7...). If you're really looking to get the extra bit 'G' force into your ride CHEAP, you need to sacrifice... lighten your car. That's FREE pony power, and honestly, you'd be surprise at the difference it makes. However, at the expense of comfort and higher noise level, do you think it's worth it? But heck, is the 7's really meant for comfort? and track day's a-coming....... Go figure, your choice...
so wut ur mod bro...can share wit me?

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
can..... eat less nasi lemak... eat less roti canai... eat less char koey teow...
Reduce carbohidrate intakes... and exercise more...
that should shave the car about few KG off the total weight when u're in it...

throw away the rear seats... rear components... full dashboard clearance.. replace the heavy seats and replace with carbon fibre seats...

bwahahahhahaha

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
SnooK_B said:
so wut ur mod bro...can share wit me?
As stated, i'm a cheap-ass... money all gone to the drinks, no more left for mods. But in all seriousness, simplified seq, downpipe, midpipe, unknown brand "tabung", BC, coilovers, braided brake lines, lightened car... thats it. Like i said, and believe me when i say it... at the track, its not the HP that counts.