boost reading at idle

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

silverchair

Known Member
Please help me..
Normally my boost reading at idle is -0.7.. but nowadays it change to -0.6
why? n the exhaust gas coming out like 'coughing'.. engine like going die when idle but nvr die.. rpm idle normal.
im turbo noobie n seldom boost, gsr turbo.

check ur plugs, maybe need change.
vacuum hoses, bov, maybe leaking.

check ur plugs, maybe need change.
vacuum hoses, bov, maybe leaking.

Which 1 faulty will affect the boost reading when idle?? i know some ppl car when idle, boost reading around -0.5 to -0.7. but mine had change from constant for long time -0.7 to -0.6...
any1 experience this b4?

vacumm reading not accurate or the meter fault edi........or the somewhere tube leak or where where........

alot posisible........if related the vacumn or boost

tq

Today checked the spark plugs, and it still good, and drive n boost still can.

The only problem is when idle, the exhaust sound like 'coughing'(no more constant bassy sound) n today the pointer at boost meter when idle show between -0.6 to -0.7..( moving up n down 0.1cm) ><..

tq

Today checked the spark plugs, and it still good, and drive n boost still can.

The only problem is when idle, the exhaust sound like 'coughing'(no more constant bassy sound) n today the pointer at boost meter when idle show between -0.6 to -0.7..( moving up n down 0.1cm) ><..

what meter u using ?

apexi el2, bought few months ago

that what happen u having ?..........only the vacumm ?........throttle plate have large clearance also........not large like few mm but a ...or the idle screw ?.........else.........

boost reading problem only when idle..

update..

today found out that there is a little bit continuous JERK, when engaging 2nd gear n let the car move without pressing the pedal. i think this is the prob tat related to the boost reading at idle coz there is no other symptom liao.. izzit fuel flow prob?? but pressing pedal no jerk at all.

u might as well send it to a good reliable mech to get it checked out to avoid kaboomm kinda situation.... there's only so much 'words' can describe...

many reasons can cost this
bt as i see it , -0.6 is a better value then -0.7 init
but the main thing i suspect is :D ur tb hehehe
check ur idling, i tink it increased , i mean the RPM
just need to adjust the throthle body skru

many reasons can cost this
bt as i see it , -0.6 is a better value then -0.7 init
but the main thing i suspect is :D ur tb hehehe
check ur idling, i tink it increased , i mean the RPM
just need to adjust the throthle body skru

DID youe Tb use IAV >,? if this IAV fault also couse low vacum raise rpm also while idle

jus change denso iridium today, still same.. maybe t/b or fuel filter dirty gua.. no time change

silverchair, your problem is similar to the problem i had now.

previously my mech said is my TB weak, and he add additional stepper motor to regulate the idling. means when the aircond on, the stepper motor will start working. but it doesnt solved. after that, i changed injector, tuned my car but the problem still exist. after that he said is the I/C got restriction need to change a better flow I/C

now problem still not solved. hope you can get your car fixed and update us what you did :)

silverchair, your problem is similar to the problem i had now.

previously my mech said is my TB weak, and he add additional stepper motor to regulate the idling. means when the aircond on, the stepper motor will start working. but it doesnt solved. after that, i changed injector, tuned my car but the problem still exist. after that he said is the I/C got restriction need to change a better flow I/C

now problem still not solved. hope you can get your car fixed and update us what you did :)

icic thx 4 sharing.. but i haven fixed it.. maybe t/b hav to be clean? did u try b4?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom