Boost builds up very slow and car feels sluggish

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

GTIEVO3

Known Member
Hi there,

Am currently using a standard e3. Wat ive noticed recently is that the boost builds up very slow. I can only feel the "G" at 0.5 bar. Below that, the car feels sluggish and heavy. Would appreciate if anyone could give me some advice.

Thanks

too many posibilitis. might be ig. timing, a/f ratio, exhaust system.

Yes that may also be a reason.

Are u using atmospheric BOV, If you are, you car will stall quite often when you stop at traffic lights if you have a leak in your boost/intake system

Yup using SSQV, but then again have not experienced any "stalled" when idling

It does not stall when iddling, it stalls when you shift down to stop for a traffic light.

If you don't experience such syndromes, it might not be a leak in the boost/intake.

I say "Might" because without seeing the engine, I just making a wild guess.

Engine internals are stock standard, the only additions are custom made IC pipings, Blitz, Open pod air filter, NGK performance spark plugs and cable and SSQV BOV

Standard e3 with TD05H 16G or any hybrid?

Any white smoke?

Basically what I've experienced before, it's the turbine housing cracked. Still can boost but the response is bad.

Just my 2 cents.

Its standard e3 with TD05H 16G and no white smoke..i'll check the turbine housing

check your boost solenoids. It could have popped off which is common with my car. take your time and check your solenoids. You can use your car battery at apply 12v to hear if clicks.

Forgive me for my ignorance, btw where is the solenoid located. Is it the small plastic box that controls the boost?

Honestly mate, there is no need for a blowoff valve if you're doing 0.5 bar. Try removing it and replace it with a straight pipe. Increased the response in my SR20..

Also, try checking the BOV, since they sometimes get broken and open up even at low boost. The IC piping may need checking too. If they leak, then chances are you'll be lucky to be able to do 0.7 bar..

GTIEVO3 said:
Hi there,

Am currently using a standard e3. Wat ive noticed recently is that the boost builds up very slow. I can only feel the "G" at 0.5 bar. Below that, the car feels sluggish and heavy. Would appreciate if anyone could give me some advice.

Thanks

what u have done lately?

maybe leaking at turbo manifold or housing.or your wastegate or actuator cant close completely enough that cause the boosts build up so slow.

my experience.im using those fuckup thai made wastgate.my car so fuckin lag,peak boost at 5-6000 rpm.the car so sluggish and the boost will keep going up if the rpm higher.i suspect that the wastegate cant vent enough exhaust gas out from the manifold that cause the boost creep.

now i use back original actuator,the boost build up so fast and no more boost creep,boost hold nicely at the set boost level.so i asumming that the wastegate giving problem.

some pics of my new set up

pics of the manifold

SUC30017.jpg

SUC30018.jpg

pics with the rebuilt turbo and 10.5 hotside(turbine housing) with hks gt extension kit

SUC30039.jpg

SUC30038.jpg

SUC30037.jpg

SUC30036.jpg

SUC30035.jpg

SUC30034.jpg

SUC30033.jpg

SUC30032.jpg

SUC30030.jpg

pics of the hks gt extension kit(turbo elbow),compare to stock

SUC30028.jpg

SUC30027.jpg

SUC30026.jpg

the old set up,see also wanna puck.fuck up wastegate.come when i bought the

car.thailand wastegate,total useless

SUC30029.jpg

Last edited:
Lan Evo,

Have not done anything. Btw ill check on those things that u mentioned. Thanks for the advise

Lan Evo,

What's the diameter, thickness of your exhaust manifold? Is that a custome made ones or ready made. Very nice.

wah by the way it looks
its sure a new monster

cypress8:thickness i didn measure but im sure it was very thick.and it was thicker than those thai ready made.it was a custom made

very very nice workmanship with very very reasonable price.but u have to wait longggggg.hehehe

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom