BMW M5 F10 Paint corrected and protected by Opticoat by Seech & KC the Detailien

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
We drove off before dawn to reach to detail this awesome ultimate M5....

A dream ride

ladies & gentleman presenting you the first Ultimate M5 ...and opti coat......

Looking at this beautifully crafted state of Art - driving Machine - is breathless

2 weeks ago

She must be HOT - a total of 12 inter coolers & coolers locate the front of the bumper

The Colour looks awesome

only dust stains from rain

bugs stains

2 ways to dealt with - never uses aggressive remove/cleaning esp on the paint - 2ndly the acid juice stains will certainly sticks well, try Alien Clean

2 x Twin Tail helps this monstrous to deliver 560 Bhp

the huge 20" wheel

6 pots piston brake calipers

resulting enormous brake dust

thumb of the rule when you are not doing ONR wash (washing the most contaminated parts of the ride 1st - to minimized dirt & brakes asbestos particle migrations)
cos these dust will be flown everywhere when is been sprayed on with high pressure jet, unlike washing with ONR these brake particle will be wipe away

just look at all the details

TOGWT

it has been prep prior delivered

after careful inspection for area of Need
I move on to the wheels - while my partner prep the body

Simply agitate with Alien Clean 1:3 water

ta da

a microfiber brush - required for a narrow spokes like these

further cleaning

more

agitate with Alien clean

further cleaning by soft bristle hair brushes

something looks familiar

anti rust stains

ta da

ehh..

tada

moving on to tail pipe

Secret artillery

brush off

moving to the bottom

look at the enormous bones that flexes those muscles

even plate holder is detail

Tips
remember when this - breathless moment

upon seing the hood & the above signal

did you just happen to notice that there is a lint of thread got stuck at signal side, most probably is those cotton cloth use for drying after the last wash. when these cotton fibers dries it collapse and twist together and becomes hard, remember our paint is very delicate and can develop scratches quite easily by these scratches! obvious is it not noticeable but they definitely scuff and scratch the paint nonetheles/overtime. Recommendation of a fequent MF chane will be good

once my buddy finish washing the car and cleaning the paint - with Optimum No rinse wash & Alien clean to remove further contaminant, follow by outer paint de-contaminations

now the paint is clear

dont be fool by off focus picture

the real
what is seen far away good - seen clear under proper lightings

we notice the paint is soft and a deeper issue found ................read on

huge and plenty of water marks patches

thats show how new and expensive cars are not even spares (it is just like cancerous - spread and kills & destroy)

as this is a CBU - unit ( a long way from homeland)
the least we want is to endangered the factory painted coat. We carefully leveled the paint with OHC with Optimum Double sided wool pad. After many attempts and careful correction - we Move on add an additional layer of coat back to the paint - Opti Coat

the damage before

now

before

after paint corrected

cross check with sun light

a proper wash & inspection done prior opti coat

after the gloss been brought back

ta da

what a lovely day

ta da the real picture

finally ready for the life time protection*

rear difusser

before

look at the beautiful vinyl protection

look at the rear

something looks familiar

remember the anti rust stains before

after alienised

Glossiness restored

An additional Coat now protecting this ultimate ride - a more chemical & bugs resistant

before

now

the details

personalized detail

Luxurious interior – after detail - protected & condition by Opt Leather protectant

UV protection – silky instead of oily finish,

ultimate interior

be my guest.......I wish

before

ultimately ta da

once

and now after protected by opticoat

Thanks to our friend for this rare & awesome opportunity to detail your Ultimate Machine and all the wonderful hospitality shown to us

Specially dedicate to my buddy Seech, the one who endure & complete the task with Joy

Doc G to all the credit

Thank you guys to view yet another detailing trails of Seech & KC again

Attachments

Last edited:

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
congrats bros! :wavey:

the turnaround is superb.

I'll tell u one secret :listen: "Still more to come!"
we're waiting.

take care both of you. Miss u so much.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
More details coming....

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
monstrous ride befittingly detailed! :top:
This is the 1st M5 in the world Opti coat - Done by My master Seech

congrats bros! :wavey:

the turnaround is superb.

I'll tell u one secret :listen: "Still more to come!"
we're waiting.

take care both of you. Miss u so much.

LOL.....you know us well

Thanks kumchai

More details coming....
Yupp...still waiting

Cool ride match with perfect sifu. :)
YOu too can do it.......just dream & make sure you dream big

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007

Presenting...

Sheer Driving Pleasure???

I personally prefer the old BMW tagline of the Ultimate Driving Machine...

And this....., is the ULTIMATE Ultimate Driving Machine!

This is our detailing journey of the UUDM....

Check out the size of the rear lower arms! Required to tame 560 bhp!

Signature twin-exhaust pipes!

More radiators/coolers than I can count with my fingers!

M......!

M.....!!

M....!!!

M!!!!

KC kneeling before BMW royalty! :-)

None other than the BMW F10M M5!!!

If you see this coming.... better get out of its way before it eats you for breakfast.

Many thanks to the owner for entrusting his precious ride to the detailiens to detail and protect with Optimum OptiCoat.

My favorite view of this ///M Monster...

Awesome Monte Carlo blue!

The heart of the beast! 4.4-litre V8 engine, 560 hp (418 kW) and 502 lb·ft (681 N·m) of torque!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-J6lmBzVNB3c/T7IRfOip-EI/AAAAAAAAEEU/WLqBI9Y8yNA/s640/DSCF8997.JPG

First up, cleaning and decontaminating the paint with alien No-Rinse and alien clean mixed in for more cleaning power applied with the Optimum Opti-Mitt.

The paint surface was then clayed with detailien alien No-Rinse as a lube to ensure that the surface is clear of any above surface paint contamination.

Here is sifu KC cleaning the front vents with alien clean, a detailing brush and photographing the process at the same time!

Detailed inspection of the massive M5 wheels before cleaning.

Safely cleaning the M5 wheels with alien clean and a microfiber wheel cleaning 'brush'.

Cleaning the wheel nuts with alien clean and a detailing brush.

Rinsing off....

Now onto the paintwork. Under some partial morning sun... looks good.

Closeup of the beautiful Monte Carlo blue paint.

Sifu KC inspecting the paint under halogen lighting.

Also looks good!

Onto the hood....

We found some very severe watermarks in certain areas of the paint. Due to the color of the paint it was very difficult to pick up but under the right lighting the watermarks were very obvious.

More on the roof...

The presence of the watermarks on the original factory paint highlights the benefits of OptiCoating your car as after coating, any watermark or defect removal will only be removing the coating and not the original factory paint which is still protected beneath the coating. Not only that, the OptiCoat is harder, more scratch/chemical resistant than the factory clearcoat and forms a permanent protective barrier on top of the original paint.

As with all paint correction, we always start with the least aggressive method and out with the Optimum Hyper Polish/Optimum Double-Sided Red Foam and the Makita 9227C rotary.

After several passes, the watermarks were still evident and we had to switch to a more aggressive paint correction with the Optimum Hyper Compound/Optimum Double-Sided Wool Pad and the Makita 9227C rotary.

Sifu KC compounding the roof.

Hood...

The compounding was followed again by the polishing combo and finished off with the Flex3401 with the new Optimum MicroFiber polishing pads and the Optimum Hyper Polish.

Didn't manage to take a picture of the MF system but here is a picture of it from another detail.

After paint correction, it was time to clean up the crevices and also the engine bay.

The magnificent heart of the beast...

Optimum OptiClean was used as it is very convenient without the need for water or rinsing.

OptiClean can also be used with a detailing brush.

IOil stains on the air filter assembly....

No problem for OptiClean.

Sifu KC carrying out the IPA wipedown to ensure the paint is 100% clean before applying the OptiCoat.

Nice shine after correction. Ready for OptiCoat.

The Optimum Coating...

and the other Optimum products used in this detail.

The interior was also given a quick wipe down with Optimum OptiClean to clean the lovely seats which were also protected with Optimum Leather Protectant.

Awesome stitching on the steering wheel.

330 km/h!!!???!!!

The M5 kickplates still had their protective plastic sheets in place giving them a matching bluish tint.

In case you didn't know where the M5 was made.

19" or 20" tires?

All done...

Some after pictures....enjoy.

My favorite shot of the day. This is what an M5 is about.

Many thanks again to the owner for entrusting us to protect his precious ride. He is a 100% BMW car guy and has had some awesome Ultimate Driving Machines!

tth tyre

500 RPM
Jun 5, 2007
Puchong
Good job..

eujin

1,000 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
wajaland
such a monster but yet can be angel if you want it..........nice job kc...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Seeing this post makes my mouth waters la... It is not easy to detail a ride that is already awesome. When I see the before pictures, I am thinking to myself "it is going to be hard to improve a ride of this condition". Indeed, this car looked amazing even before detail. But you guys still manage to make a visible difference after the detail! I salute and dream of it one day!!!

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
OMG... what a nice rides..... I like the "M"....
Yupp //M

Good job..
Thanks buddy
see u soon

KC - you got back ache ah?
Slipped Disc L4 and 2 side tennis elbow & still detailing like no body business

such a monster but yet can be angel if you want it..........nice job kc...
YUpp certainly is..........Cool

Seeing this post makes my mouth waters la... It is not easy to detail a ride that is already awesome. When I see the before pictures, I am thinking to myself "it is going to be hard to improve a ride of this condition". Indeed, this car looked amazing even before detail. But you guys still manage to make a visible difference after the detail! I salute and dream of it one day!!!
Buddy
Certainly u can

I started dreaming this dream 3 years ago & I continue to work work work work to my best attention detail till this babe turn up

Be faithful in little cos in one day you will be giving in much

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
congrats KC! u are the first in Malaysia to detail this ///M beast

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I wish my cars can shine like M5, damm.. How much it cost bro?:adore:
if you are interest to learn like many here, I can teach you for free

Must say nothing beats your own hands of achievement - satisfaction guranteed

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Hmm... I wonder if it would be possible for the mods to move the last couple of posts into a separate thread? This one was started by KC to showcase our work on the M5 and I just feel that the last few posts have been off topic and doesn't reflect our original intention for this post.

Tqvm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Got a Waja 1.6 with Mitsubishi 4G18 for daily beater , already spent few K's to fix it up to the condition now it has "bought it real cheap"

But there is a problem I can't solve it , tried everything including using MUT to diagnosis it but no fault code ...

The problem is , on cold start up , when put into D and accelerate ,it would have hiccup & jerk & if I'm not carefully adjust the throttle input it will stall & bacame hard to start back,sounds like the fuel has flood the cylinder...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience