May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
"At the Suzuka circuit in 1990, the pole position was located on the right, 'dirty' side of the track. Senna maintained that, before qualifying fastest, he had sought and received assurances from officials that pole position would be on the left, clean side of the track, only to find this decision reversed after he had taken pole. At the start of the race Prost pulled ahead but when attempting to take the first right-handed corner he was hit by Senna. Telemetry showed Senna made no attempt to decelerate as the corner approached. Both drivers were removed from the race, meaning that Senna won the championship. Senna later admitted that it was payback:motz: for Prost taking them both out the year before in the 1989 Suzuka chicane incident. For critics, it was an act of breathtaking cynicism and one for which Senna received much criticism. He was accused by some of introducing a "video game" mentality of "win at all costs" into the sport,...."

:adore: :adore: :adore:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
saddest moment

"He looked serene. I raised his eyelids and it was clear from his pupils that he had a massive brain injury. We lifted him from the cockpit and laid him on the ground. As we did, he sighed and, although I am totally agnostic, I felt his soul departed at that moment."

teary eye

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
A famous account is at Spa, where Bernie was standing very close to the guardrail at a very fast corner. Lap after lap Senna would edge his car closer and closer to the barrier to "test" the courage of Ecclestone. Ecclestone later described how incredible he had found Senna's car control as he ended up tapping the barrier with the tyres at 320km/h lap after lap.
We are not worthy...:adore: :adore: :adore:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit and you go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think, ok, this is the limit. As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you realise that you can suddenly go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and your experience as well, you can fly very high." ~ Ayrton Senna
"Being second, is to be the first of the ones who lose." ~ Ayrton Senna
happy birthday senna.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
The start of the wet-weather 1993 European Grand Prix, by way of its uniqueness, is frequently referred to in racing lore as the best-ever lap. Senna was fifth going into the first corner, having nearly been pushed off the track by a swerving Schumacher. At the end of the first lap, having passed F1 champions with a cumulative world championship total of 12, he was first. Having overtaken Schumacher, Wendlinger, Hill and Prost he went on to lap the entire field. Examples of wet weather car control such as this gained Senna the title "The Rain Master" in numerous F1 publications in the early 90's.
God thought it would be interesting to pass his driving skills to a Brazilian.

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:
MYTRIBUTETOSENNAMYTRIBUTETOSENNAMYTRIBUTETOSENNAMYTRIBUTETOSENNA - THEGREATEST DRIVER!

Last edited:

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
One of the greatest driver of all time. One of those genuine racers on the track and the word slow does not exist in his mind.

In his short lived career, he 'only' won 40+ times, 3 WDC and his only standing record not beaten yet is the most pole positions at 65. Only Michael Schumacher has a chance to beat that whereby MS is also at 65.

The overtaking move at Donnington Park 1993, European GP will go down as one of the finest wet overtaking move ever. Ayrton started 5th and half way thru the track, he had already taken number 1.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
prodigy said:
One of the greatest driver of all time. One of those genuine racers on the track and the word slow does not exist in his mind.
In his short lived career, he 'only' won 40+ times, 3 WDC and his only standing record not beaten yet is the most pole positions at 65. Only Michael Schumacher has a chance to beat that whereby MS is also at 65..
Statistically* Michael may be better than Senna, but nowhere near in terms of sheer determination, grit and Passion.

In Exactly 10 years with 41 wins & 65 pole position against a collection of past Champions** the Boy from Brazil was supreme.

If any of you have the chance read Ayrton Senna - Hard Edge of a Genius. Or see the Videos, Racing Is In My Blood & A Star named Ayrton Senna. Excellent documentation and footage in the life of the great man.

*Micheal has more GP in these days of 18-19 GP per season where as Senna had to "make do" with 14-16 GPs per season. Micheal also only scored his 1st pole after Senna's death.

**When Senna made his debut he had to challenge Champions Rosberg, Lauda, Prost, Piquet.

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
faisal said:
When Senna made his debut he had to challenge Champions Rosberg, Lauda, Prost, Piquet.
I like to add Mansell into the list. Then much later there was Schumacher and Hill. It was one heck of a field during Senna's days.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Mansell only became Champion in '92. When Senna debut in '84 Mansell was just coming up the field.

Sorry but I would never place Mansell in exalted company such as Piquet, Lauda, Prost and Rosberg.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Fair enough.

Mansell was allright. Actually he was pretty unlucky to be in that era with so many great drivers. To be fair, in terms of championships, Mansell and Rosberg were equal at one each. And he did win it when Prost and Senna were still around. So credit where it is due.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Ecclestone personally felt Ayrton was the better driver. (even today)

no false persona. no false media hype. no false grandeur in promoting charities.
at times a prankster like every human, but with enourmous driving talent 'it almost seem someone up there favourite

this man is the real deal. sure he has faults; so does every man.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
si|verfish said:
Fair enough.

Mansell was allright. Actually he was pretty unlucky to be in that era with so many great drivers. To be fair, in terms of championships, Mansell and Rosberg were equal at one each. And he did win it when Prost and Senna were still around. So credit where it is due.
Dunno man, Mansell was too much of a whinger to be lauded a Hero like the others.

Rosberg had more charisma and typical Finnish coolness about him.

In '92 when Mansell became champ, Prost took a sabbatical after being fired by Ferrari the previous year('91).

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
faisal said:
Dunno man, Mansell was too much of a whinger to be lauded a Hero like the others.

Rosberg had more charisma and typical Finnish coolness about him.

In '92 when Mansell became champ, Prost took a sabbatical after being fired by Ferrari the previous year('91).
He's British. They like to complain, hehehe.

Was Sir Stirling Moss a whinger?

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Sir Stirling was/is a gentlemen.

Jenson's not a whinger, neither is Damon (well, not excessively) but Mansell just took whingeing to a new level.

Unlike Senna who let his driving (and ocasionally his fist haha) do the talkin.

Action talks , bullshit walks

End of the day Senna was Senna, driven. driven to compete, driven to succeed.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
faisal said:
Sir Stirling was/is a gentlemen.

Jenson's not a whinger, neither is Damon (well, not excessively) but Mansell just took whingeing to a new level.

Unlike Senna who let his driving (and ocasionally his fist haha) do the talkin.

Action talks , bullshit walks

End of the day Senna was Senna, driven. driven to compete, driven to succeed.
I have much respect for Moss. Same with Stewart. Damon is a humble and decent bloke. Jenson though tends to say the wrong things. Coulthard on the other hand is a whinger.

Senna holds a special place in my heart. Best driver ever. Some would argue Fangio or Schumacher, but it is Senna for me.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

places that sell starters doesnt seem to have instalation included.. can someone help me with how to fix a starter or replacing my old starter into my car? my engine is 4g13p.. Im driving a saga... thank you very much..

if you dunno where to start.. can you guys tell me where is the starter for a saga located.. thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience