• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Gh0sT

Known Member
Nov 6, 2004
???
cardomain.com
how to apply ar?

just go back to my driving school and ask or wat, anyone done it before....need to take any test or watever or not?

thanks

selflocked03

Known Member
Sep 21, 2004
Visit site
Bro..

U wanna request international driving license isn't??....u just go to JPJ & they will give a a form to fill up...

The main thing i heard is u msn't have a bad record driving for 3 years...

That all i knw la bro..

Hope that the info can help u..

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site
yea.... UK or Europe need international licence or not aaa? :huh:

if yes, then only need to take paper test and no need practical test :)

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
my friend also did the international licence , they all studying in the states , they applied at jpj and paid 100 bucks if not mistaken and then they got a card board type of licence with their details on it :lol: .

3R1C

'(00) Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2003
Kelate/Penang
3R1C-MY.Blogspot.com
For myself I think it's just a waste of money to apply for an international license if you wanna drive in US. If you are coming here as a student then come here and take the driving test. It's very very easy if you have been driving in M'sia. :)

ch1ck3n

Known Member
Oct 16, 2004
:lol: some ppl lazy to retake test again kua...

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i did mine at jpj. pnly valid for 6 months. the license valid for us also

lix

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
Visit site
For short time of period u can apply the international licence through JPJ or AAM HQ in K.L.

If u are study or work there for more than 1 year, then i suggest u take a driving test there. Its pretty easy actually....
Good luck.. :lol:

X88

Known Member
Oct 5, 2004
FYI some states or maybe all states in US dont recognize International License. You'll get a ticket regardless if you're stopped by cops. My advice, save the trouble and get one when you're there. They procedure is pretty simple and you might get it done in less than half a day, depends how busy they are. I got mine done in less than 1 hour. Good Luck! ;)

Aetobatus

Known Member
Jul 30, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by 3R1C@Jan 19 2005, 19:42
For myself I think it's just a waste of money to apply for an international license if you wanna drive in US. If you are coming here as a student then come here and take the driving test. It's very very easy if you have been driving in M'sia. :)
I second that, and the insurance company won't insure you for long if you're using international license. They want you to take the local driving test, regardless.

You CAN drive with your M'sian license there for two months. Heck you can even get a new car with it. But the insurance company will terminate your policy if you don't show them local d/l after 2 months.

Speaking from experience here.

Also, different states in the US have different driving rules. I guess that's why every state issues their own d/l. Yes, you'll need to change your d/l if you move from one state to another.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
i drove in europe last month (portugal, spain and italy) and got stoped by cops becoz driving like malaysian i am (u-turn where i wasnt supposed to, go to one way road, resident only road, driving on tram only line, not stopping for pedestrian and many more...) and i just produced our malaysian driving licensed and my pasport.....and lepas.....anyway our licensed got wrote there in english Malaysia Driving License....top of that our pasport is very highly regard by the police there.....they seems have utmost respect for malaysia.....i donno why

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
not sure the procedure for US....should be same i think...lasttime i applied to drive in Hong Kong...driving my friend true GSR triptonic hehehe....RM150valid for 1 year

larune

Known Member
Dec 18, 2004
Originally posted by Saga Continue@Jan 20 2005, 15:14
i drove in europe last month (portugal, spain and italy) and got stoped by cops becoz driving like malaysian i am (u-turn where i wasnt supposed to, go to one way road, resident only road, driving on tram only line, not stopping for pedestrian and many more...) and i just produced our malaysian driving licensed and my pasport.....and lepas.....anyway our licensed got wrote there in english Malaysia Driving License....top of that our pasport is very highly regard by the police there.....they seems have utmost respect for malaysia.....i donno why
are you sure its not because they give some leeway since they won't fully expect you to know the local driving rules etc?

coldfish

Known Member
Feb 21, 2004
you will need a state driving license in US as a picture ID. it's comparable to our IC in msia. unless you get the state ID from the state building in the capitol of the state you'll be in. get a driving license there. less hassle than an international license. and your msian driving license, with a proper translation (endorsed by notary public or certified translation) will be helpful to let you drive for 6 months in US as well as assist you in getting a US state driving license. because eventually you'll need a certified translation to waive the driving tenets classes the americans took during their high school years. also, you need a US state driving license to get insurance for your car if you buy one in US. years ago in the state of kentucky, you just need to bring ur malaysian license with a certified translation to the BMV/DMV and you can get a KY state drvg license immediately.

vios9111

Mar 28, 2004
you can get a US license for only USD10 for 3 years....

first is the "undang-undang" test (they mark it on the spot), which u can take 2 times in a day if u fail the first time they will give u another set of questions and do it again immediately... if u fail the second time, you need to go home can come back some other day....

if pass, then u need your own/friend's car to take the road test (auto car also can take the test)... if pass, take photo and your license and state ID will be ready in less than 15 minutes... (yes, u can get everything in less than 2 hours..... that's what i call efficiency!!!)

this is for the state of Illinois.

revfast

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Selangor
Visit site
I have converted my licence to english translate in australia, BUT cost me 58AUD for just a simple copy of A4 paper...!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

The validity will refer to your malaysia driving licence due date, thats all... If your due date is still long days to go, then u worth it la...

I used to ask AAM, they quoted me international licence for $ 2++ a year if I m not mistaken...

A Post Every 5 Mins

My friend's Mini just got stolen this morning somewhere between 12.00am and 6.00am... It was parked along Jalan Desa Utama, Taman Desa. It's dark blue with a white roof. Plate number BP 4402.

Anybody who has any information, pls call Ian at 016 6366081.

THANK YOU.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience