Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Apple vs PC

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

munky

1,500 RPM
Guys, which one better ?
Thinking of buying a macintosh la.

ANybody experienced mac b4 ? I read in internet they say mac doesnt work well with java so there might be some things on the internet that wont appear or work. And there's some applications that cannot be used on MAC. Is this true ?

I only use the internet to dl stuff, watch movie, listen to music, do assignments (like powerpoint/msword/excel) and im not gonna play games (got another pc to use for games).

So please give your opinion/advice
Thanx

pc is better... MAC is more for professionalss deisgin use.... since you're using a pc for application and internet a pc will do good :)

of course if you want to have 'hung' applications, exposed to 99% of global virus appilcations, be dreadful of finding files etc....

but PC does have it moments.games, interactive sites etc...

internet they say mac doesnt work well with java
partially true but dont let it stop you. the initial plunge will have you grasping that you may made the wrong choise but once u become a follower of MAC; 99% the time you wont defect back unless your office envvironment dictates its.

no, they are not confined to design professitionals only (web developers prefer PC).
it the user friendliness that draws educationist, profesionals to be Mac lovers. that all.

younger crowd prefers PC (games, download, interactive etc)

apples...

haha...totaly agree with koolspyda
macs are great for all of your applications need
well most lah...
even so i've even use a mac (friends 1) do play pc games
with emulators help
which my fren told me being install by the mac dealler he get from
run smoothly thse pc programmes

once u taste the apple, its so sweet u cant let go

u took the poison apple did you....shame, shame ;)

koolspyda said:
of course if you want to have 'hung' applications, exposed to 99% of global virus appilcations, be dreadful of finding files etc....

but PC does have it moments.games, interactive sites etc...

partially true but dont let it stop you. the initial plunge will have you grasping that you may made the wrong choise but once u become a follower of MAC; 99% the time you wont defect back unless your office envvironment dictates its.

no, they are not confined to design professitionals only (web developers prefer PC).
it the user friendliness that draws educationist, profesionals to be Mac lovers. that all.

younger crowd prefers PC (games, download, interactive etc)

Pardon me... even MacOS has bugs and security problems. In fact, every damn piece of software has bugs or some kind of exploit.

Why worms target Windows machine? Simple... Windows runs on 70% of the world's corporate market. MacOS is around 15%.

Only stupid people will plug an always-on broadband into their PCs without activiting a firewall or at least invest in a firewall router.

Same rule also applies for people who love clicking on ActiveX dialog boxes (installing spywares in return).

munky said:
I only use the internet to dl stuff, watch movie, listen to music, do assignments (like powerpoint/msword/excel) and im not gonna play games (got another pc to use for games).

internet = can use firefox,safari,internet explorer,bit comet n some torrent application
watch movie = can use quicktime,window media player,real player n etc
music = itunes,real player,window media player
do assigment = microsoft office mac version or appleworks...

for me i sure go for mac.......

Last edited:
Back in those days (10 years) ago... used to have flame wars with MacOS hardcore users...

Mac has single button mouse, makes Internet browsing a chore since you need to use the Command key to simulate the right click.

Mac User: Because it is meant to be simple.
PC User: Yeah, simple and slow.

A PC can use those newer generation of 5-button mouse.

Mac User: So complicated.
PC User: Yes, it is complicated but productive.

Since MS has invested into Apple... more and more complicated PC features are ported to the MacOS platform.

I sure miss the good old days...

new Mac mini is definately one of my pick.

http://www.apple.com/macmini/
indextop20050111.jpg

And check the latest Mac mighty mouse. It doesn't limit to single mouse click anymore

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/
indextop20050802.jpg

samulai u wan buy mac mini ar...??
i work in apple 1 i can give u special discount for kepong gangs....

G-4,
thanks for the offer, :D . But dun plan to have it right now, coz I dun plan to get another machine laying at home and do nothing.

Went to PC fair and play around with the Mac Mini, cute and the performance is very good. If I were to know you earlier, then maybe my sis won't need to spend 8K for her G4 (or G3?) powerbook :(.

My sister is the only MAC user in my family. Next time if she want to buy new MAC device can cari you kah? Sweet babe got more discount or not? If yes then I ask her to deal with you directly. hehe. :D

acbc said:
Pardon me... even MacOS has bugs and security problems. In fact, every damn piece of software has bugs or some kind of exploit.

Why worms target Windows machine? Simple... Windows runs on 70% of the world's corporate market. MacOS is around 15%.

Only stupid people will plug an always-on broadband into their PCs without activiting a firewall or at least invest in a firewall router.

Same rule also applies for people who love clicking on ActiveX dialog boxes (installing spywares in return).

and you didnt see the humour in my post? ouch :eek:

it wasnt a flaming post nor to bring up the silly debate between whos better. but i'm sorry if there are sensitive people out there.

Last edited:
hmm thanx for the advise. G-4 how much does a powerbook G4 costs ? wat about minimac ?

maybe i should keep the money mod car better haha

koolspyda said:
u took the poison apple did you....shame, shame ;)

no lah ididnt took the poison...
its jus accident poison me
keke...

g4...
sure can get cheaper price nia...
but me no kepong geng woh...
but nearby lah
cos started U..
need sum electronic stuff

Last edited:
hhmm...i own 1 ibook G4 , 3 ipod (1 ipod mini,1 ipod 3 gen,1 ipod 4gen ) n now planning to buy ipod photo 60gb... at office using xserve and xserve raid up to 8 terabyte....
iam mac crazy....muahahahaha........

:rock: :rock:

G-4, how many mp3 u have in hand lah?
need xserve some more...

you really mp3 maniac

G-4 said:
hhmm...i own 1 ibook G4 , 3 ipod (1 ipod mini,1 ipod 3 gen,1 ipod 4gen ) n now planning to buy ipod photo 60gb... at office using xserve and xserve raid up to 8 terabyte....
iam mac crazy....muahahahaha........

:rock: :rock:

u bumping up to G 5?

hahhaha...the ipod its for my family use....
g5 ??i use xserve g5 for my server...i means office lah.. :)

u all can ask my woc member for varify it.... iam mac addict...

Top Bottom