Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

amp spoil since "banjir kilat"

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

fizzy15

Known Member
dear all sifu,

my car was accidently trap in banjir kilat, and both of my amp is kong already.
I have open the cover and see a lot of burn chip inside.

Do you know where can i get people or shop to check and repair the amp.(klang valley area)
Mine one is Alpine, now it is damage already :sad_smile: :sad_smile: :sad_smile:

Last edited:
Bro, did you buy your alpine locally with warranty? If no warranty oso can take back to WHK to repair what.. i think at a price though. WHK.. woo hooi koong or something like that.. the original distributors for Alpine.

since it was damaged by water.....i think it's nor worth to repair at all
it might cost you same amount of the cost of a new amp....

the components are damaged, and I suspects the board too

Izso: It's Wo Kee Hong (WKH). Service direct line 603-7954-6166. It's not going to be cheap and may be better to service outside if the warranty has lapsed or not that really high-end in the first place.

if i were you, i will go for a new amp, since it is dip in water, i dont think it is cheap to repair

hmmm... mine one alpine half cut maa.. no warranty.. actually after my car being flooded, i havent test the amp with my car audio.. i just disconnected it, dried and open the amp and i see lot of burning chip.. im afraid to connect it back because of the burning chip.. how arr to test but not to spoil my HU?? but from the look of the circuit of the amp.. kompem one spoil..

bring to accessory shop to ask them try for you lor. They got those transformers that can turn on your amp for you to test. If it starts to smoke, byebye amp!

Aiya, halfcut alpine throw la.. and pm mnkh0027 for alternatives. He sells good amps for good prices!

Mike : ok! WKH.. sorry. Learnt new thing today.

last time flash flood my ECU oso kena... 2 week after i transplant!!

fortunately didn't start the car, tow to workshop... mechanic dry the ECU for me n put back.. voila.. it worked

i believe there r similiar components in an ECU as in an amp...

so if mine can be saved so can urs

the key is not to turn the ignition.

i think still can save lo the amp as long as there is no current running when it was flooded... jus make sure it is really really dry inside before you connect it and on it...

can try first before bring for any repair... if you confirm tht its not ok then you can send to repair or buy a new one lo if the repair is is not worth the price...

cheers...

err...my sugestion is better get a new amp cause...it is not worth to repair it :)
even after repaired,it may give problem again.it only can detect and change the burn chips,it the chips is half burn and still working wan it cant detect.

yeah...i agreed water damage is mostly beyond repair...Not worth. Even can be repair might not last long since circuit kena water before oredi.

A Post Every 5 Mins

Anybody runnning on a mitsu ecu with a high cam hungry for more rpm.. can remove their rpm limiter.. pm me for more info..
Turbo guys... it's a no.. no.. laa.. no rpm cut equals to no engine after that :)

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom