Altezza Topic: SAFC Cannot be used on Altezza?

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
fellow altezza owners and enthusiasts....

been reading from the Internet.....and got to know that SAFC is not recommended to be used on Altezza..... is it true? seesm to me that the ECU will automatically retune itself back after a short period of time, resulting in the adjustments in the SAFC useless......

anyone to shed some light?

techdroid

Known Member
Sep 4, 2004
not sure bout this, but i think martin used safc on his altezza until it got stolen =(. neway, hansc youre from k2oc right? now drive altezza is it?

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
hi techdroid....... been reading it from the lexusownersclub in uk....

yeah...i am from k2oc.....do i know u by any chances? hahaha...... nah.....not driving any altezza now.......just some preliminary data collection before i decide to sign on the dotted lines for one.........hahahha.......

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
yes, safc or safc2 do not work on modern toyota with vvt/vvti/vvtl-i engine. thing is that the ecu will pick up signals from the lambda/o2 sensor at the header to determind the optimum fuel mixture.

so, whatever tuning you do on piggy back, it will retune itself back to what it is suppose to be. Unless ofcourse you unplug the o2 sensor's cable, then you can use safc, but then your ecu will run open loop all the time, and if your safc tuning is not perfect, your fuel consumption will be insane, like mine now, its doing 30% less millage than it is suppose to do, and exhaust gas smell like unburn petrol.

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Hi rollakid

How about the F con SZ? Will it be the same as what you posted in this thread?

cheers

martinchan

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Ipoh
i'm not so sure.....

but i'm using the SAFC2 seems like fuctioning quite abit cause i'm tune it on my friend work shop at ipoh. after install and tune it... so far is more smoother on accellation and more power response on rev.

than terrible thing happens on my car....
being windows broke then SAFC2 and RSM has been stole

then my altezza seems like back to stock performamce.but one things for sure
with my SAFC2 and RSM my altezza 0-100kmph is on maximum 6.55 - 7 sec
but without those stuff i try is 8-9 sec

brian try my car once time. he also knew it.

Last edited:

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
martinchan said:
i'm not so sure.....

but i'm using the SAFC2 seems like fuctioning quite abit cause i'm tune it on my friend work shop at ipoh. after install and tune it... so far is more smoother on accellation and more power response on rev.

than terrible thing happens on my car....
being windows broke then SAFC2 and RSM has been stole

then my altezza seems like back to stock performamce.but one things for sure
with my SAFC2 and RSM my altezza 0-100kmph is on maximum 6.55 - 7 sec
but without those stuff i try is 8-9 sec

brian try my car once time. he also knew it.
i understand what you say. If altezza's ecu runs the same as 20v 4age's ecu (in term of open loop and close loop operation), then there will be difference if you use an safc.

I dunno for sure, since i'm no sifu. But theorically it sounded like this:

When operating in close loop, the ecu will check the o2 contain in exhaust gas, then it tune itself, thus making safc useless.

then there is the open loop operation in the ecu, which most sifu say if you run without o2 sensor, then safc can be use. So i'm assuming that if o2 sensor not used = ecu running open loop all the time, and then the ecu will run open loop anyway if you full throttle your car. which leads me to belive that one can really see changes in performance when you are heavy on the throttle, not when you drive around town slowly...

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
very informative indeed......

bro martin,
that is wat i got to know.......altezza ECUs retune back itself after some duration.... from the article, it does mention that the ECU is taking consideration of worn-out sensors and it automatically readjust/retune back itself to cover the problem.......

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
This is what i call A/F compensation which modern cars are using to meet
worldwide emission standards & as well as fuel saving.

As for the F con SZ, correct me if i'm wrong, it is just manipulating the OEM ECU to believe what it wants it to believe, so then the OEM ECU will compensate the A/F in accordance to the F con SZ setting using OEM O2 sensor. My MR-S is running fine with F con SZ with 40litres of fuel for 500 plus KM.

bottom line is, SAFC or equivalent can never be able compare to any piggyback ECU or standalone and current OEM ECU techonologies

Stepwyew, u wait for william. must be the setting. dun worry about it. or u buy BRACH BOY's PFC. it comes with a wire harness for Automatic altezza.

PLS dun BANG me.

Last edited:

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
porosaki said:
This is what i call A/F compensation which modern cars are using to meet
worldwide emission standards & as well as fuel saving.

As for the F con SZ, correct me if i'm wrong, it is just manipulating the OEM ECU to believe what it wants it to believe, so then the OEM ECU will compensate the A/F in accordance to the F con SZ setting using OEM O2 sensor. My MR-S is running fine with F con SZ with 40litres of fuel for 500 plus KM.

bottom line is, SAFC or equivalent can never be able compare to any piggyback ECU or standalone and current OEM ECU techonologies

Stepwyew, u wait for william. must be the setting. dun worry about it. or u buy BRACH BOY's PFC. it comes with a wire harness for Automatic altezza.

PLS dun BANG me.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

just have to wait till this month for the japanese tuner to come in and hack the F con SZ and hope he got the key to access to it . by the way , my altezza just install the throttle body controller by your good friend

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
porosaki said:
canggih arr? nice arr? got any difference or not?????? :D hahahahahaha must be damnnnnn SHIOK!

Canggih :) Nice:) Got Different :) Yes damnnnnn bloody SHIOK

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha......lol

ahlian

Known Member
Mar 20, 2006
stepwyew said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

just have to wait till this month for the japanese tuner to come in and hack the F con SZ and hope he got the key to access to it . by the way , my altezza just install the throttle body controller by your good friend

Hi stepwyew,

kind enuf to share : wats the throttle body controller?
wat does it do?
coz i drive auto altezza too

thanks in advance

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
this is what it does.
OEM system when u floor your throttle, the throttle body will be delay for a few miliseconds. with that controller it eliminates that delay and thus u have response.

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Hi Ahlian,

Its make your car more responsive when you accellerate and also gear change respond much faster ....... for more info you can call william from trial tuning . his no is 012-2139861

Cheers

ahlian

Known Member
Mar 20, 2006
stepwyew said:
Hi Ahlian,

Its make your car more responsive when you accellerate and also gear change respond much faster ....... for more info you can call william from trial tuning . his no is 012-2139861

Cheers

thanks very much to porosaki & stepwyew once again

u guys really been helpfull to me

i definitely would be much interested in the throttle body controller
...just wondering how much it would costs???

the last 2 weekends, i did not manage to go look for william at trial
bz ching ming and also got some family celebrations

i must go there by this month, april...
its a must......
:regular_smile:

thanks again guys

Test

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
SAFCII -I install it in my car together with major service like timing belt ,sparkplug, water pump and bla bla bla all changed in one time...then later jerking happen but not too serious...until now haven't got the time to get it fix. So mean don't know whether the jerk comes from the SAFC or other things. In fact i suspected it cause by the mechanic itchy hands coz he took off the pulley during he servicing the car,so may be he never get the pulley angle adjusted properly..

aLIAN, Seriously Poro n Stepyew are nice men...especially this Stepyew ...he's good for everything.

Last edited:

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Hello test,

Must Hormat Porosaki Also Others junior And Senior Member Also ,Ppl Like jahak, Brian ,martinchen .......etc,etc,etc.......Bla bla bal bla ......................hehehehehehehehe

:)

Last edited:

ahlian

Known Member
Mar 20, 2006
Test said:
SAFCII -I install it in my car together with major service like timing belt ,sparkplug, water pump and bla bla bla all changed in one time...then later jerking happen but not too serious...until now haven't got the time to get it fix. So mean don't know whether the jerk comes from the SAFC or other things. In fact i suspected it cause by the mechanic itchy hands coz he took off the pulley during he servicing the car,so may be he never get the pulley angle adjusted properly..

aLIAN, Seriously Poro n Stepyew are nice men...especially this Stepyew ...he's good for everything.

hahaa, teng kiu to all for being nice n helpful

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lately i encountered problem with my nissan sentra N16. The engine stalled suddenly on 2 separate occasion. I was lucky this happen when i was trying to park my car and in another occasion when the engine was idling. I cannot imagine if this happen when the car travelling on highway therefore i need to get it fix fast.

I learned from other forum that many Nissan Sentra encounter similar problem and this is due to sensor issue- cam and crank sensor. My car is 7 years old and clocked almost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience