all sifu, please help!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

chan1982

Jul 20, 2005
Malaysia
Hi,

All sifu, I am a newbie here, may I know which daihatsu engine or L-series engine which is most powerful and suitable to be fit into kenari engine?
I do not want to do any modification on the engine, just want to transplant it, thats it, keep everything as low profile as possible.

Should I do any modification on the kenari's car mounting? Should I put one turbo timer if the engine comes with turbo? How much does the engine half cut+installation cost?

How to take care and maintain the turbo engine?

Thanks a million.

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Must be turbo? NA no good ? Kenari put turbo??? Cornering ok or not??? put NA lah... got Letomaso, hehehe....also L series.

Just to increase my post count. :_:

chan1982

Jul 20, 2005
Malaysia
I don't mind it is either NA or Turbo, as long as I can get a more powerful engine than the current original 1000cc engine. hmm, I think it is detomaso,right?

Last edited:

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
ahahhaah......pronounce it in some chinese slang larr...since you wanted L series engine marr..so Letomaso lorr, ahhahahhaha

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
im using L9 inside my Kenari and there's no problem in taking corners...some people are afraid by the tall look of kenari, but little do they know, the handling is more or less the same as kelisa...
if u want a perfect fit for ur kenari, Deto engine is not suitable... mounting needs to be mod...then u'll have to consider about the g/box, drive shaft etc... cos u say minimum hassle, right?? therefore, go for L9 series engine from MOVE or Cuore model...perfect fit... 660cc turbo... definitely more power than ur current engine...
price varies from different chop shop (rm2.5K-3.5K)... installation also varies from workshop(rm400-1000)...

if u want to fit L2/L5/L6 engine into ur kenari also can...but u'll face problem with ur drive shaft and steering rack... unless u use kenari gearbox on it, then that should be ok...however, u'll need to ask ur mechanic to modify kenari flywheel to fit the L2/L5/L6 engine....thats all...

chan1982

Jul 20, 2005
Malaysia
stroker_kit said:
im using L9 inside my Kenari and there's no problem in taking corners...some people are afraid by the tall look of kenari, but little do they know, the handling is more or less the same as kelisa...
if u want a perfect fit for ur kenari, Deto engine is not suitable... mounting needs to be mod...then u'll have to consider about the g/box, drive shaft etc... cos u say minimum hassle, right?? therefore, go for L9 series engine from MOVE or Cuore model...perfect fit... 660cc turbo... definitely more power than ur current engine...
price varies from different chop shop (rm2.5K-3.5K)... installation also varies from workshop(rm400-1000)...

if u want to fit L2/L5/L6 engine into ur kenari also can...but u'll face problem with ur drive shaft and steering rack... unless u use kenari gearbox on it, then that should be ok...however, u'll need to ask ur mechanic to modify kenari flywheel to fit the L2/L5/L6 engine....thats all...
Since it is 660cc turbo, may I know in what Rpm will the turbo kicks in? Is there any turbo lag? For me, the power of the current 1000cc twin cam engine is not bad, but I still not satisfy with the power starting from 3th to 5th gear when the acceleration starts to slow down. Especially the third gear which let me feel hard to shift in. Is it because of the problem of the gear ratio or the other reason?

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Speed Demon said:
Why you all of a sudden so eager to increase post count? I've been a member for so long also don't have that many posts. :X-:
Got 2 theories here :
1) Those who have high post count is a very wise man
2) Those who have high post count always talk cock and sing song alot
So you know which category i'm in right?

Chan, sorry that I kacau your post. I'll try to stop posting here.

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
want more chun .. K3-VET la.. u want more powerfull rite? go for K3-VET .. i use it b4 in my kembara. :) .. daihatsu terios/toyota cami engine .. dvvt turbocharged.

silverfox

Known Member
Dec 5, 2005
errmm yup!! go for YRV engine...halfcut around 7k-8k..ermm practical...L9?ermm 660 lorhh..even it is turbochrged..it is still short stroke...either u bolt on ur EJ-DE or YRV.. :)

A Post Every 5 Mins

I've been seeing on the road and on the store here those copy exhaust titanium exhaust and tips. Does anybody here knows where and what company does those titanium copy muffler that has those HKS,Greddy, Fujitsubo badge and many others and has jasma badge in it?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience