All New Toyota Vitz?!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

JtuneD

5,000 RPM
I was wondering when UMW Toyota (M) goin to sell this car...juz love the looks!!! :)

001.jpg

004-1.jpg

004.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

03-p01.jpg

04.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

lovely looks no doubt, but i doubt local franchise holders all over ASEAN are considering about selling this model in their respective country.

South east asia people seem to prefer people carrier type of vehicle. this is evident in the number of MPV sold throughout the region. The Kijang/ Unser/Tamara FX and avanza are proof to this fact. When the demand is low for such vehicle, and the company project sales as low volume (profit margin low, cost of assembly high) then they wud juz not.

This car wont make it to our shores in the immediate future. Pathetic. Only countries like Singapore are likely to import them as their car market is a total CBU and there are no such thing as price handicapped. But recently Singapore are forced to sell Thai made Corolla Altis instead of Japan Spec Corolla. Ha ha ha..

One thing I believe possible is that between Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Philipine..there will be an MoU between car companies like Toyota. Certain countries will only assemble certain models and will be exported to neighboring countries under AFTA tariff. this is the example..

1. Malaysia will only assemble Altis and Camry.
2. Indonesia will only assemble Kijang and Avanza.
3. Thailand will only assemble commercial vehicles like Landcruiser, Hilux, new Fortuner (low end SUV to Harrier)
4. Phillipine will assemble other models like Vitz, Celica, MR-S or maybe even new Altezza.

Toyota representative in these countries can then barter trade amongst them. Everybody will win including the consumer.

I hope this may come true soon because the way i see it thai, indonesia and our country are doing avanza as CKD. why waste such capacity when we can do alternatives?

There's also a Europe Version 1.8 vitz

I've read in one of the japanese mag. It stated in the mag that there is another version of vitz fitted with 1.8 celica engine. HP around 150ps. If i'm not mistaken it's only available in European countries. It will be available in 2006. If i've the time i will scan and try to upload the pic. Awesome car.
rolleyes.gif

toyota vitz

Sat in the car while I was in Japan recently

Comfortable yet sporty handling

Good news is, it is available in malaysia. I have seen quite a few private importers have this car in their showrooms. One example is a showroom in USJ taipan has it. That particular showroom also sells Nissan cars.

Price RM110K if I remember correctly.

Guys interested can check it out !

is it this model that share the same platform with citroen and peugeot..???

anyway coll car

Top Bottom