Air Intake and Piping?

ravin_cefiro

Sep 25, 2006
i'm using a year 2000 brougham that does 400-420km on a full tank( town driving) ..is that consumption coonsidered efficient...:confused_smile: if i change to a drop in filter and piping ...would it really affect my fuel consumption? any recomendation on drop in air intakes, where to install and tune it? how much does it range to ?:regular_smile:

thanx for the feedback by the way!:shades_smile:

honggas

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Hi Ravin,

FC = no comment, I just got my ceffy too :biggrin:

I'm no sifu, just quoting what have been told to me by other Sifus here.

Drop in Filter = KNN (quoting Xifu Ong)

Piping = err ... I think you can look refer at the Y Pipe mods thread

Honestly, I haven't done both yet, so I can't give my personal comment, but I guess since it's recommended. I believe there is some significant gain, either to your ceffy or ...... to your pocket

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
ravin_cefiro said:
i'm using a year 2000 brougham that does 400-420km on a full tank( town driving) ..is that consumption coonsidered efficient...:confused_smile: if i change to a drop in filter and piping ...would it really affect my fuel consumption? any recomendation on drop in air intakes, where to install and tune it? how much does it range to ?:regular_smile:

thanx for the feedback by the way!:shades_smile:
Hi Ravin,

Drop-in filter is definitely recommended. There should be some change in torque, and you should have better FC. How much would depend on the condition of your car. Generally, you can expect a 2% - 5% savings.

Piping? Air intake piping is not prescribed. You lose torque, though you may gain some top end.

The Y-pipe is definitely prescribed. Power gains are in the region of 30 bhp for a 3l engine. B-pipe is optional as power gains are only about 5 - 10 bhp. But a B-pipe is basically your original pipe where you replace the stock mid-muffler with a bullet, so easy to do.