Air Asia Plane Poor Maintenance !

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

gto3000

Jun 8, 2009
Hi, first I would like to apoloze if the post is not OK in here ...
Because I feel like it is a responsible to voice out about my concern ... on Air Asia Plane Maintenance ... I have send countless email to Air Asia, [email protected], or callup the Call Center only to put on HOLD for 1 hours plus ....
I ever post an comment on blog.airasia.com, but the post never published ...
Below is the messages I sent to Air Asia:-

Dear AirAsia,
Just some minor input about AirAsia ... maintenance on airplane. I have submit in my feedback through AirAsia web site, but nobody ever reply & ever call the Call Center 03-21729222, the voice center just pass me around. Hope you can divert me to the right person.

During my last flight with AirAsia on Febuary, 2009, the AirAsia plane I taken was in very poor maintenance & condition, as attach some photo I took after I have safely landed at the airport.
On the wing section, you can notice that they use some kind of silver tape just to secure the broken metal pieces....
Thank you !

Attach is the photo I taken on the Wing Portion on Air Asia Plane !

Attachments

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
wholly shat , u saw it after it landed or before taking off ... if i saw it half way i will start praying and fuck kau them later on , yeah just published it 2 newspaper

hakunamatata

Known Member
Dec 8, 2008
may i know what model plane is that? If the aircraft is 10yrs old, it should not be flying.

I'll forward this thread to a senior airasia LAE and hope he can do sth about it.

azameel

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
may i know what model plane is that? If the aircraft is 10yrs old, it should not be flying.

I'll forward this thread to a senior airasia LAE and hope he can do sth about it.
what do u mean by "If the aircraft is 10yrs old, it should not be flying". don't you know how old most aircraft is, aircraft is not like cars, if it is maintained as per the proper standard, it can last very long. most probably the air asia aircraft is 737-300 and guess what, the last production date of that series is on 1999

and imho, sometimes its hard to satisfy the passenger, if they delayed the aircraft, they will complain one but if they rush doing a minor/safe but messy repair the passenger will complain also.But whatever it is airline wont let the aircraft go if the defect is major or dangerous to the flight.

p/s: Im talking about general aircraft maintenance, not any airlines

Last edited:

hakunamatata

Known Member
Dec 8, 2008
what do u mean by "If the aircraft is 10yrs old, it should not be flying". don't you know how old most aircraft is, aircraft is not like cars, if it is maintained as per the proper standard, it can last very long. most probably the air asia aircraft is 737-300 and guess what, the last production date of that series is on 1999

and imho, sometimes its hard to satisfy the passenger, if they delayed the aircraft, they will complain one but if they rush doing a minor/safe but messy repair the passenger will complain also.But whatever it is airline wont let the aircraft go if the defect is major or dangerous to the flight.

p/s: Im talking about general aircraft maintenance, not any airlines
i tot aircraft which is more than 10yrs old should be recond 1st and maintain to continue flying?

So,do you think the plane above is well maintained and safe?:hmmmm:

azameel

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
i tot aircraft which is more than 10yrs old should be recond 1st and maintain to continue flying?

So,do you think the plane above is well maintained and safe?:hmmmm:
there is a duration for few types of checks/maintenance, which the heaviest is overhaul, but im not sure for how many years duration.

Well maintained?I cant comment on that. But safe, i think the defect doesn't affect the airworthiness meaning not dangerous to the flight. But then from passenger point of view,it does look scary.Its a neverending story, its all about the cost,its like you pay what you get, but then safety is never compromised.

gto3000

Jun 8, 2009
Hi, good day everyone ... Finally get reply from Tony, below message for your references :banghead::-

Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 2:54 PM
To: Bo Lingam; Bolingam
Subject: Re: Re : Air Asia Plane Maintenance !

This is normal. Looks like a 737. Bo can you get azhari to reply yo.
Kind regards tony

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

CooL CEO ... reply my mail from BlackBerry wireless device :idea:

ivanlee202

Jun 12, 2009
Something fishy about the post, looks like the email is not Mr. Tony fernandes the ceo of air asia's. And its not his reply i guess. That "[email protected]" is not his email. You wont get the CEO of Air Asia thru that email. Pls do some checking before posting. I been thru and I know.

I'm sorry for pointing it out, but hey hoax is a hoax.

Last edited:

chocolatesttarfish

1,000 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
might be his secretary replied.normally to contact a ceo u hv to go thru his asst.especially email.

Last edited:

azameel

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
trust me, they have a lot more things to worries other than this one

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
azameel...hmmm...can i say the debt they owned to MAHB one of them? I herd they trying to get Ong Tee Keat to talk to MAHB to give big discount herd up to 70% because they consider themself national interest.....psshhhh....but this i herd on the streets....could be true could be not

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Haiyaa dont involve politic bout dis matter larr :thefinger: bro gto3000, would recommend you to publish in newspaper to open their management eyes abit

gto3000

Jun 8, 2009
Hi ... good morning :sleep:

That is the email I get, I don't know whether from Tony or him asst ... or someone else ... definitely no mean to " involve politic"

The reason I post up the comment is Public Safety Awareness ...
Definitely hope it is not another "accident case happen to 1-2-go plane at Phuket ..."

"this kind of mentality must be prevented-actions are taken only after accidents happen to the passengers" :burnout:

Sooo nothing more I can do, but to wait for "azhari" as the email stated to reply, or the engineering dept to check to see any improvement ....

As for me, I flying with MAS for the moment :biggrin:.... or driving :driver:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
dood....u REALLY need to send those pictures to the papers.....let them publish it and make everyone aware.... let Air Asia get in deep shit if they have to....send it to all the major papers man..ESPECIALLY The Star...make sure u include the time and date of ur flight (so that they know which exact plane is duct taped..might be a one off case only)

seriously....fuck emailing air asia la....why waste time with their customer support or crap like that. u know theyll just keep making u go round and round and round and round....dont waste ur time with them.

this really isnt right... maintaining a plane is much cheaper than losing an entire one in an accident (especially due to negligence)....dunno how they can just take the easy way out only sheesh...hopefully if its posted in the papers...all air asia planes will be grounded for a thorough checkup by FAA officials (and fixed) before being released for flights again

as said earlier... "this kind of mentality must be prevented-actions are taken only after accidents happen to the passengers"

prevention is better than cure...so better to prevent an accident right??

safety first....everything else later.

xand

Known Member
Apr 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
until now, Malaysia never had any tragic commercial passenger plane crash yet. maybe air asia will be the first one. one of malaysia's legacy, 'precaution only after it happened'.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
until now, Malaysia never had any tragic commercial passenger plane crash yet. maybe air asia will be the first one. one of malaysia's legacy, 'precaution only after it happened'.
Well seems like they're trying hard to make history :adore: judging on how Tony's email reply we might expect a history in the making very2 soon...kudos AIR ASIA!!!!:stupid:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey bros,

I need sum advice....I 1 2 add an oil cooler 2 my eg... wat do i need?? n aroun hw much will it cost me???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience