Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Aebs intake manifold Beat JDM type-R,skunk2 and Jg!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

WalBro(Apexi)

500 RPM
I'm pasting this from another board I'm on. It is a review of manifolds I have used and installed.
Heres my intake mani review from the ones I've installed

OBX (D-Seies)- Pros- Its polished, and inside the collector at the beginning of each runner is a velocity stack. Great improvement over a DX/LX mani.
Cons- the throttle cable bracket on it is flimsy and not in the exact place, but it will work. Not all of them come with an EACV location, so you may need to swap to a TB with a mounted EACV. Also the vacuum ports are not flared at the ends

Edelbrock (D series)- Pros- Had ports for up to 8 injectors and direct nitrous, had axtremely long runners, and made a very noticeable power increase both N/A and turbo. comes with an EACV block off plate to accomodate different models
Cons-Due to the longer runner length the TB sits back further, which means a CAI or upper charge pipe needs to be altered a bit to make it back through the hole behind the headlight. Also anything mounted behind the mani the wasn't stock, needs to be moved or the mani may not clear (ex. amp fuse holders)

Skunk 2 Pro (D series) Pros- Looks great, fit good just like the Edelbrock, but it is not as long as the Edelbrock. Also had a very noticeable power increase.
Cons- Does not come with an EACV block off plate.

AEBS (Typhoon) B Series-Pros- Looks great, clean inside and out. Dynoed the best out of Skunk, Edelbrock, and ITR on the B series heads. Also has ports for nitrouse. All of the vacuum ports are moved to the backside for a cleaner install.
Cons- On the 1st gen B16 it will hit the alternator bracket, so you must shave down the left corner about 1/4"-no biggie', the underside is not polished like the top side is (you can't see it anyway once its installed)

There you have it, I'd like to do a B Series AEBS mani on a car

copy by honda-tech review!

Last edited:
if who ineterst i can ask my friend send back for u!
Pm me now.price is around rm1.2k new!satin finish!

This manifold will outperform the JDM ITR intake manifold every day of the week and twice on Sundays. You can expect up to a 14whp gain on N/A applications, turbo applications will see higher gains!! The plenum chamber has been lengthened to provide massive plenum volume when used with N/A, turbo or nitrous applications. This reduces starvation of last port runner, a common problem with stock honda manifolds. Nitrous ports are located on the underside of the manifold. Available in a highly polished show version, this auction is for the standard "sleeper" satin finish. Features a 65mm inlet. (Note: Available only for B16A and Type R B18C6. Does not fit GS-R B18C4 heads.)

*** Expect up to 14whp with this intake manifold! YES 14 WHP!!
*** 65mm diameter inlet to plenum chamber

*** Plenum longer and larger than stock

*** All vacuum ports moved to back side (Much cleaner engine bay look, IMO)

*** Areas between runners webbed for appearance and better polished finish

check this link!
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1098818

You won't be dissapointed with this manifold, smash the competition with the AEBS Typhoon Power + Plus Manifold

Last edited:
wow... looks impressive...RM1.2K huh?? thats around the price of a B16B intake.. but this is brand new and claims to be better...

bro... u got a lot of stuff from the US... u a dealer or something??

brangbrungbreng said:
yo man..thts nice item
AEBS cool

bro... u have personal experience with these??
how good are they??
interested laa... maybe even upgrade mine...

i run in my own car...........
but the dyno seen they r better.still can nego abit.new item man.nop expensive lar.b16b is used item ma....

minivan said:
bro... u have personal experience with these??
how good are they??
interested laa... maybe even upgrade mine...

very good stuff!will beat B16B!wat r u waiting?

yo man..performance item is to perform..cool
lots of difference compare to type r
if u love drag go ahead man
refer drag machine frm US

price oso not bad compare
order by ur own..

hey bro r u sure u got all of those in stock?

can meet up in KL??

i dont want u stuffed up like last time....
thx...

sr3 said:

can meet up in KL??

thx...

sorry man.i'm oversea tat time.dellay time is my fauth tat y i make offer to u.

sr3 said:

can meet up in KL??

thx...

Pm send.i have 3 units.some 1 book 1 already.so.....hehehee

yoyo i have a question to ask..
I just got enough $$ to do some minor upgrades on a b18c GSR motor.. the stock intake manifold was a curve-shaped type which is said to be very restrictive.. but I saw some articles in th US forums saying that they did port and polish on their GSR manifold and claimed that the result is satisfying.

Well.. my friend suggested that I get a b16a Big V head and intake manifold set.. but hehe.. budget tight la

So how? u guys think port and polish on GSR manifold a good idea?

Kindly appreciate any suggestions given ^^

Also.. the manifold u mentioned.. does it fit GSR head? and the skunk2.. got B series de ma?

TonyChopper said:
yoyo i have a question to ask..
I just got enough $$ to do some minor upgrades on a b18c GSR motor.. the stock intake manifold was a curve-shaped type which is said to be very restrictive.. but I saw some articles in th US forums saying that they did port and polish on their GSR manifold and claimed that the result is satisfying.

Well.. my friend suggested that I get a b16a Big V head and intake manifold set.. but hehe.. budget tight la

So how? u guys think port and polish on GSR manifold a good idea?

Kindly appreciate any suggestions given ^^

Also.. the manifold u mentioned.. does it fit GSR head? and the skunk2.. got B series de ma?

yeah!Aebs do for GSR head tat mean b18c.but rm100 expensive than the B16a!i dun have the stock now.u can order from me.tat is rm1.2k new satin finish.polish will more expensive.send me deposit u will get the item less than a week.thanx!

dude im very interested but how to get?
did u get my friend's number? hopefully u can send it or u can come to KL..

thx

sr3 said:
dude im very interested but how to get?
did u get my friend's number? hopefully u can send it or u can come to KL..

thx

yes sir.i get sms from him.i say i ship to Kl for him.ask him payt the shipping.he did't accept.he scared lose the manifold when ship!funny.hehehehe............never mind i keep 1 for u.i will goin kl soon but nop so fast maybe next weekend or 2 more weeks later.u let him know.wait me lor.if him scared.thanx!

Top Bottom