advise needed. just bought an ee100. read abt it.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

alex27

Known Member
Sep 30, 2006
ive been a honda man eversince i had my license. ive been driving eg6 n ek4 for a while. d ek was my daily car, so recently just sold of the civic ek. n i bought a ee100. really impressed me on my 1st test drive with th ee100. much better than my ek. stability, handling comfort. but lack of power hehe

Just needed some advise on the ee100. are all suspension n arms useable from the ae101 the 1.6 version. N also each time i switvh on the air con, the car really looses power. now i go for toyota...

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
ive been a honda man eversince i had my license. ive been driving eg6 n ek4 for a while. d ek was my daily car, so recently just sold of the civic ek. n i bought a ee100. really impressed me on my 1st test drive with th ee100. much better than my ek. stability, handling comfort. but lack of power hehe

Just needed some advise on the ee100. are all suspension n arms useable from the ae101 the 1.6 version. N also each time i switvh on the air con, the car really looses power. now i go for toyota...
yes.. it can be interchange... If feel under power... so upgrade to blacktop la... It will make it enough... hehe...:biggrin:
aiikkss... 1st time saw people impress the toyota was perform good in handling, and stability le... even better than ek wo.... wow... Banzai TOYOTA!:adore:

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
hahaa.welcome new toyotarians..dont wait too long,go get the new engine..

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
welcome to the toyota world.
yes all arms/susp part same with 1.6 variant. better u straight buy a half-cut (4age) and port all from that h/cut to ur car, save time comparing to replace 1 item by 1 item... hehehe... poison time:nurse:

alex27

Known Member
Sep 30, 2006
mind if u guys share with me what parts are interchangeble with the ae100?
is the 2e engine tat underpower? i kinda like 4e turbo better hehe

3,000 RPM
Jun 28, 2006
a new beginning for ae's from ee's

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
bro alex if u want to use 4efte also can no need to ubah 1 tapak mounting near pulley but the power cannot beat bt/silvertop. fuel consumption also more than bt/silvertop because the body heavy.

for ur info the part which can interchange with 2e engine only gearbox, alternator other except head unit like monifold dll. because 4efte is injection engine. 2e is carburetor.

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
use 3sgte lah. but i think jpj cannot approve 1.3 car upgrade to 1.8 unless ur car now 1.6l body.

alex27

Known Member
Sep 30, 2006
Yea i wana rasa Turbo, been playing NA for a while now vtec hehe i heard 4e fte is very economical. No need ubah mounting? if 20v must ubah mounting. am i rite?

i mean parts interchange between cars like ee90 or ae101 for eg brakes, etc. Thx yea

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
Yea i wana rasa Turbo, been playing NA for a while now vtec hehe i heard 4e fte is very economical. No need ubah mounting? if 20v must ubah mounting. am i rite?

i mean parts interchange between cars like ee90 or ae101 for eg brakes, etc. Thx yea
4EFTE if in Toyota Startlet, the FC will be good. But another round if in AE100 and underpower too.
20v just need change the position of mounting, but not a big problem what! Many of us also change it... no problem at all pun. If seriously want to play in force induction, why not put in 3SGTE from ST205 halfcut engine? Power until you will smile... or else buy supercharge then change to turbo... easy also ma...

brake (front only), ball joint, driveshaft, engine, suspension, clutch and alot of part as wellcan be interchange...

use 3sgte lah. but i think jpj cannot approve 1.3 car upgrade to 1.8 unless ur car now 1.6l body.

can be approve la.. but with some $$$ lo:listen:
i even saw a SEG 1.3 converted to 3SGTE from ST205. It is 1.3 --> 2.0 le... can be approved le...

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
yes rite no need to ubah tapak if u use e series engine. if u use a series to ee code body need to ubah tapak la.

alex27

Known Member
Sep 30, 2006
ok thx guys..

Bump: 20v how much power it has, HP? torque?
which is better black or silver top?
better than vtec?

Bump: 20v how much power it has, HP? torque?
which is better black or silver top?
better than vtec?

Captain Fast

Known Member
Apr 9, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
just my 2 cents...

1) 20v how much power it has, HP? torque?
standard power on paper is 165hp for blacktop and 160hp for silvertop...torque remains the same at 162Nm

2) which is better black or silver top?
hard to say which is better but i feel the blacktop revs slightly easier due to lightened con rod and flywheel (correct me if i'm wrong)

3) better than vtec?
this is very subjective as it would depend on which engine you're comparing and what you're comparing but if you're comparing same displacement and terms of power then its about the same though the vtec would have slightly more power. have managed to keep up with some civic ek's and integras. my engine is stock mind you. :)

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
hahaha..i am very agree with u bro scomatic..it's all about $$$$$$$..

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
just my 2 cents...

1) 20v how much power it has, HP? torque?
standard power on paper is 165hp for blacktop and 160hp for silvertop...torque remains the same at 162Nm

2) which is better black or silver top?
hard to say which is better but i feel the blacktop revs slightly easier due to lightened con rod and flywheel (correct me if i'm wrong)

3) better than vtec?
this is very subjective as it would depend on which engine you're comparing and what you're comparing but if you're comparing same displacement and terms of power then its about the same though the vtec would have slightly more power. have managed to keep up with some civic ek's and integras. my engine is stock mind you. :)

1. yes, torque are same meh? hrmm... really?
2. blacktop also have lighten and more balancing in crankshaft. ITB also not same, blacktop are bigger.
3. yes stock Blacktop are better than stock B16A.

alex27

Known Member
Sep 30, 2006
Ok. Hey my corolla d speedometer is not working. I seek a mech he said my engine is run by cable. Can any explain wat it means? D last time my eg6 speedo not working i just change d speedo sensor. I saw d 2e gearbox has speedo sensor too. Huh. I'm lost. Any1 elaborate? Btw my ee100 no rpm meter,can install rpm meter?

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
ya simple cure for your problem + upgrade power -> Transplant...
get a half-cut and transplant engine and all those compatible parts (dashboard,suspensions,etc)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,
Need some info. Hope you guys can help and suggest any good place to do a custom bodykit.
I am planning to do one for my car.
Hoping to find a place with good service, good handwork, good price, etc.....

And I would appreciate it if the feedback are from the person whom actually did it at the "said" place.
And not hearing it from a friend, or from my brother's gf's brother, etc etc.....

I did some search and saw lots of flaming on "shops in sunway". But there were a lot of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience