Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

ABS Light

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

stephen

Known Member
Hi, I have read in the manual that in the on position, the ABS light should be on for 7 seconds. but my light disappeared within 1-2 secs. does that mean my ABS has a problem or is it just a code error?

If there is a problem, any idea how much it cost to fix it?
Thanks.

stephen said:
Hi, I have read in the manual that in the on position, the ABS light should be on for 7 seconds. but my light disappeared within 1-2 secs. does that mean my ABS has a problem or is it just a code error?

If there is a problem, any idea how much it cost to fix it?
Thanks.

I think that's normal... :smile:

any idea how to test the ABS without jamming the brakes? i don't want to risk flat spotting my tyres

Sorry, my mistake. I double checked the manual, the 7 secs refers to the airbag not the ABS. Guess I was a little paranoid.

By the way, any of you guys meeting up this weekend?

stephen said:
any idea how to test the ABS without jamming the brakes? i don't want to risk flat spotting my tyres
even jamming ur brakes, if the abs its working, u wont risk flat spotting ur tyres coz remember what abs its? it wont lock ur wheels...which means ur tyres will still be rolling...

Try braking on a rough and bumpy road...should trigger the abs... :smile:

Just do it during rainny days loh! I test it all the time! hahahaha
I don't really look at the ABS lights.....just whack the brake paddle and see if the ABS kick in on some part of the roads in Shah Alam....

Or use really bad tyres...your abs will kick in all the time and you will KNOW they're working... :rofl:

Top Bottom