60mm/65mm throttle body size effects?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

amel666

Known Member
Do anybody knows the importance n impact of choosing the right size t.body?
Particularly for a 1.8L GSR with goals to generate 320-350whp.
Is there any noticeable difference power & performance wise by swapping to evo's 65mm TB...?
:adore:

errr evo's are 60mm not 65mm

OOps my bad. evo's TB 60mm. Jinkl.. is there any advantage comparing to gsr's stok TB (55mm rite?).
Or should/can i use '70mm Throttle Body' from the SR16VE equipped VZ-R R1 Spec Pulsar N15.. izit still available here. :wavey:

more big tb more air coming more fuel and get more boost.. more money lastly poket bocor ma.. heheh 60mm evos is ok support to 300-500 hp on between..hehhe ..

Another thing..
My gearbox currently problem (1st gear cannot engage @ tendang kluar). 2nd-5th is normal.
I havent tune my eManage yet after install turbo n 510cc injectors..

Can still tune with remaining gears or should i change new clutch plate/gbox and then tune ?
Any advice.. :smokin:

perdana/eterna t.body is how many mm ?

Perdana is also 60mm

OOps my bad. evo's TB 60mm. Jinkl.. is there any advantage comparing to gsr's stok TB (55mm rite?).
Or should/can i use '70mm Throttle Body' from the SR16VE equipped VZ-R R1 Spec Pulsar N15.. izit still available here. :wavey:

Advantage is boost goes into the manifold in higher flowrate and faster. Less restriction = more power. Better response.

Urm 70mm, might as well take SUPER90 Or WORKS. Also plug n play wad.

will there be any drop in performance for pick up or low range torque?

Not really.As long as the Throttle is responsive enough, things should work fine. For EVO TB (60mm), since it's OEM, things should work fine.

Another thing..
My gearbox currently problem (1st gear cannot engage @ tendang kluar). 2nd-5th is normal.
I havent tune my eManage yet after install turbo n 510cc injectors..

Can still tune with remaining gears or should i change new clutch plate/gbox and then tune ?
Any advice.. :smokin:

If jump gear, U may think about the synchronizer instead of clutch plate. Of course it's better to fix the problem before sending to tune.

BTW, Changing to a bigger throttle body without boring up the size of the intake manifold inlet will result the same restriction.

gee thanks a lot for the info speed2horizon.. :adore:
so how much of increase in hp/torq am i able to harvest? 5-10% max?

Do u think it's better to fix my synchro (using 2nd hand synch./parts would cost me around 500bucks - i asked) & retain my lame-ass open dif..
or getting an evo lsd box...? cost twice as much, but wit shorter gears while fitting me wit an lsd. Though finding an evo box fitted wit afermarket lsd is hard.
Anways d torq steer wit d GT28 really sucks big time.
:tee:

Unicornspeed,
So i can expect a huge difference on entire rpm range rite..? dats good.
Is it a straight swap or Do i need to modify anything to fit?

Do u think it's better to fix my synchro (using 2nd hand synch./parts would cost me around 500bucks - i asked) & retain my lame-ass open dif..
or getting an evo lsd box...? cost twice as much, but wit shorter gears while fitting me wit an lsd. Though finding an evo box fitted wit afermarket lsd is hard.

Unicornspeed,

yup huge..i done it a lot to my customer enigne...you have to port your intake manifold 60mm same size with tb

Haha... lame-open diff....
Getting an EVO GB with LSD could be a good investment. But of course, it's gonna cost more. There are EVO GB with OEM Semi Locked LSD. Good enough for a daily driven vehicle. In fact more than enough if U are not sending ur car into a track oftenly...

After market LSD are normally Full lock. Sounds are ignoring and the cost is even higher. But worth the money spent. U're gonna appreciate it everytime U take high speed corners.

EVO 60mm TB is a PNP item. But like Unicornspeed said, U need to bore up the inlet of the intake manifold to suit the TB diameter. Else, gonna act like a restictor they use in the GTI category in 1000KM. Lolx...

Haha... lame-open diff....
Getting an EVO GB with LSD could be a good investment. But of course, it's gonna cost more. There are EVO GB with OEM Semi Locked LSD. Good enough for a daily driven vehicle. In fact more than enough if U are not sending ur car into a track oftenly...

After market LSD are normally Full lock. Sounds are ignoring and the cost is even higher. But worth the money spent. U're gonna appreciate it everytime U take high speed corners.

EVO 60mm TB is a PNP item. But like Unicornspeed said, U need to bore up the inlet of the intake manifold to suit the TB diameter. Else, gonna act like a restictor they use in the GTI category in 1000KM. Lolx...

If i'm not mistaken EVO GB with OEM Semi Locked LSD is viscous type instead of helical rite?
Is the usual EVO GB @ local half cut ( priced round 1.7k-2k) equipped wit a full lock or clutch type aftermarket1.5/1way lsd or just OEM viscous one.
I am planning to run it at the track someday.. so i need it to carve corners & apply power to both wheels adequately. dat is if i can complete the setup. But the option for reasonable priced atermarket lsd for GSR & evo123 is so damn hard to find. KAAZ would cost 2.5k while evo oem lsd box - afraid not satisfying locking...

Can anybody teach me how to check the box @ half cut whether its "full lock/semi locked" LSD..?
Other than looking at the Gbox code..
Pls advice. :hmmmm:

PS:
can i trust my local workshop to port match the inlet manifold or is it better to go to tuner shop..?

If i'm not mistaken EVO GB with OEM Semi Locked LSD is viscous type instead of helical rite?

That's right. It's viscous coupling.

Is the usual EVO GB @ local half cut ( priced round 1.7k-2k) equipped wit a full lock or clutch type aftermarket1.5/1way lsd or just OEM viscous one.

The OEM EVO GB with LSD will cost aroung 1.6-1.8K complete with drive shaft. For a halfcut GB with aftermarket full locked or clutch-pack LSD normally CUSCO will cost around RM2.2K

I am planning to run it at the track someday.. so i need it to carve corners & apply power to both wheels adequately. dat is if i can complete the setup. But the option for reasonable priced atermarket lsd for GSR & evo123 is so damn hard to find. KAAZ would cost 2.5k while evo oem lsd box - afraid not satisfying locking...

The moment U plunk in an LSD GB, U'll immediately feel it at the first corner itself. Instead of sliding out tangenally of the orner, U slides in. Satifying enough or not, that depends on how you gonna use your car.

And honestly, in motorsport has no such things call satisfied. it's always not satisfying enough.. THat's how we improve...

Can anybody teach me how to check the box @ half cut whether its "full lock/semi locked" LSD..?
Other than looking at the Gbox code..
Pls advice. :hmmmm:

Can see from the driveshaft. Full locked LSD GB uses normal driveshaft. While semi locked LSD GB uses special driveshaft

If the GB has not been taken out from the h/c or connected with the driveshaft, hold 1 side of the driveshaft in position and try to turn the other side. The latter should be locked.

See through the hole where the driveshaft is. If u can see a spacer within, then it's a full locked. If it's completely see through, then it's a semi locked.

PS:
can i trust my local workshop to port match the inlet manifold or is it better to go to tuner shop..?

Normally, I'd advice to just grind off the casting lines at the side of the ports. Well if you really need porting, then there are 2 shops with benchflow test machine.

1) MATSPEED
2) DUNNO WAD PORT FLOW in PJ.. Forgotten the name. Sorry...

Hope this helps u in ur project.
Well hope u'll find the GB u're looking for. Good luck in searching and happy modding.

The OEM EVO GB with LSD will cost aroung 1.6-1.8K complete with drive shaft. For a halfcut GB with aftermarket full locked or clutch-pack LSD normally CUSCO will cost around RM2.2K

I went searching for gbox today..
1- At mun lee puchong they asked for 2.8k for a full lock (but then he said its expensive cause hav to giv driveshaft too?? i asume its not a full-lock one. Dunno y so cut throat price :stupid:).
2- Another chop shop around sunway.. asked for 1.8k. He said its Full-lock, can use back my gsr drive shaft.
My local hcut also quote me 1.8k.. full lock.

Now got budget.. So need advice before i buy... afraid once buy wen open up gbox - not clutchPack lsd.. then regret :bawling:

Anybody know where to find around KL? :adore: :adore: :adore:

I went searching for gbox today..
1- At mun lee puchong they asked for 2.8k for a full lock (but then he said its expensive cause hav to giv driveshaft too?? i asume its not a full-lock one. Dunno y so cut throat price :stupid:).
2- Another chop shop around sunway.. asked for 1.8k. He said its Full-lock, can use back my gsr drive shaft.
My local hcut also quote me 1.8k.. full lock.

Now got budget.. So need advice before i buy... afraid once buy wen open up gbox - not clutchPack lsd.. then regret :bawling:

Anybody know where to find around KL? :adore: :adore: :adore:

Yes... Full locked LSD uses sandard drive shaft. Just make sure U test before u purchase the gearbox. OEM Semi lock LSD with drive shaft should cost around RM1.6-RM1.8k.

A full locked LSD should cost aroung RM2.1-RM2.3k.

Test method, simple...

Simply engage the gear, hold 1 side of the drive shaft in position. Turn the other side drive shaft. It should not turn cause it;s locked together with the other side.

RM1.8k is not even sufficient to purchase a POWERZONE LSD alone...

Bro speed2horizon,

Finally I've found one unit evo 3 gsr lsd box. The owner says dat its full-lock lsd. the code all check out rite (W5M33-2-UPWE)..
I try to look thru the drveshaft hole... cant see thru it. Is it consider like u say the lsd spacer?
Hope its an aftermarket lsd.. :dontknow:

if the box on floor how do i engage the gear bro?

- When installing d evo lsd box what type/brand of gear oil do u recommend be used? Now i'm
running wit redline liteweight shockproof.
- Do i need to use kaaz lsd/tranny oil. If yes, do i hav to use the kaaz's oil solely (very expensive :bawling:) or can i mix it wit 2 litres/1 can of kaaz oil + 1 litre redline liteweight shockproof ?
[d box would probably need around 2.5 litres of gear oil rite..]

PS:
Open diff/nonLSD hav a shaft on d middle of d axle hole rite?

Gearboxes codes(copy&paste)
W5M33-2-WQFE - Evo 1 RS with front LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-WQGE - Evo 1 GSR non LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-WQWE - Evo 1 GSR with front LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-WQYE - Evo 1 RS non LSD 3.909

W5M33-2-WPFE - Evo 2 RS with front LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-WPGE - Evo 2 GSR non LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-WPWE - Evo 2 GSR with front LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-WPYE - Evo 2 RS non LSD 3.909

W5M33-2-UPFE - Evo 3 RS with front LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-UPGE - Evo 3 GSR non LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-UPWE - Evo 3 GSR with front LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-UPYE - Evo 3 RS non LSD 3.909

Thanx for d valuable advice
:cheers:

Bro speed2horizon,

Finally I've found one unit evo 3 gsr lsd box. The owner says dat its full-lock lsd. the code all check out rite (W5M33-2-UPWE)..
I try to look thru the drveshaft hole... cant see thru it. Is it consider like u say the lsd spacer?
Hope its an aftermarket lsd.. :dontknow:

If full lock, should be normal standart driveshaft. But OEM does not have Full lock.
if the box on floor how do i engage the gear bro?

Use the 2 lever on the gearbox. Pull/press one of them and engage another... Then have to test with driveshaft.
- When installing d evo lsd box what type/brand of gear oil do u recommend be used? Now i'm
running wit redline liteweight shockproof.
- Do i need to use kaaz lsd/tranny oil. If yes, do i hav to use the kaaz's oil solely (very expensive :bawling:) or can i mix it wit 2 litres/1 can of kaaz oil + 1 litre redline liteweight shockproof ?
[d box would probably need around 2.5 litres of gear oil rite..]

MOTUL is good. KAAZ is nice.. But gonna cost u alot to maintain the GB. Urm, I think normally GB should consume 2 litres. Castrol is something u may consider for a daily use purpose... Cause not too expensive but useable.

It's not adviseble to mix oil. Cause different brand oil will have different chemical formula based on their brand research. We don;t know if the chemical property/formula will react with between one another...

PS:
Open diff/nonLSD hav a shaft on d middle of d axle hole rite?

Gearboxes codes(copy&paste)
W5M33-2-WQFE - Evo 1 RS with front LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-WQGE - Evo 1 GSR non LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-WQWE - Evo 1 GSR with front LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-WQYE - Evo 1 RS non LSD 3.909

W5M33-2-WPFE - Evo 2 RS with front LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-WPGE - Evo 2 GSR non LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-WPWE - Evo 2 GSR with front LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-WPYE - Evo 2 RS non LSD 3.909

W5M33-2-UPFE - Evo 3 RS with front LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-UPGE - Evo 3 GSR non LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-UPWE - Evo 3 GSR with front LSD 3.909
W5M33-2-UPYE - Evo 3 RS non LSD 3.909

Thanx for d valuable advice
:cheers:[/QUOTE]

Cheers

I'M having a hard time to find the full-lock gearbox... :banghead:
Some of d halfcuts dont even know d difference between full & semi-lock lsd box. :hmmmm::hmmmm:
Anybody can recommend or know somebody who wanna sell it??
Not so expensive la.. limited budget.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom