4G15 to ???

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
can u guys help me out here pls.

looking to change my 2002 wira 1.5(auto) to another mitsu engine.

mainly know that the 4G91 would be a good upgrade but i want something that will satisfy my thirst for power in the long run.

i'm a student so i'm saving money so pls don't tell me to buy a crazy half cut or bolt on turbos and stuff k.

i need reliability as this is the only car i've got.

so if anyone (with exp) from transplanting engines, pls give what u were quoted for and ur experience with the car after the transplant.

thanks guys :)

kugan81

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Penang
Visit site
yo dude wassup..

ok i have some info here..

OK I bet you want to make your car legal right, so you will have to register and approve your car with PUSPAKOM and JPJ.

- Well jpj only allows 200cc upgrades to your car and they are very strict about it now, so we cant bribe them no more.

- Well if you are upgrading your car not more than 200 cc it is only RM50 to approve.

So i recommend you to upgrade to a Mitsu 1.6 Turbo (4G61T)

- When you get this engine, overhaul it and just dump it in (please make sure you overhaul it so that it does not give you problems and is more reliable..

- The engine is very cheap as it is not in demand.

- This engine comes with a TD04H turbin which is quite effecient and the engine looks exactly like a VR4 2.0 turbo

- Why i am recoomened you this upgrade is that there is no difference between this 1.6 and the 1.8 ( the only difference is the crankshaft and the piston rods)

- So see the trick (buy a 1.6, change the crankshaft and piston rods and u have a 1.8 turbo) and you can change the turbin to a TD05H later when you have the cash.

- Nobody belives me that there is no difference in these two engines but it is true (there are only the mentioned two thing different) dont believe me ask the mechanic who deals with this engines.

- Th 4G61T has a lot of potential. and it is legal becuase your car is a 1.5 and onl;y converted to a 1.6 but it can be a 1.8 or a (2.0 inside if you change the pistons)..

- so u can do this phase by phase (overhaul first, then change the crankshaft and u got a 1.8 man then go change the piston later and u have a 2.0)

- cool trick huh.. well i did it in my old car and its all still good.

well quotation hfor this should be less than 5 k.. most probably 4k..

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
hi. just curious, 4G61T can fit Wira engine bay without modifying the mounts ah?

I suggest going for 4G92 Mivec... so can upgrade further in the future... ;)

Just my 2 sen... :lol:

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
1.3 - 1.6 cannot.
so 4g91 is max.

can rojak the 4g91 with GSR stuff...

1.3 wira owner are destined to change car.
kekekke.
:lol:

like me lar, driving 1.3 wira. goin to change to a yr97 perdana after my degree later on. 2.0L mah, can put any 2.0L turbo engine.

jemi5467

Known Member
May 24, 2004
Kugan81,

Only change crankshaft & piston rods, make the engine perform as 1.8 turbo?

This good.

Maybe i should considered it when wanna chnage engine.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
kugan81,

dude, thanks for the info man. would like to know more about the performance as well as the reliability aspects from a current/previous owner as urself.

u still driving the 4g61T?

kugan81

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Penang
Visit site

DLegend Posted on Oct 23 2004, 00:42 
  hi. just curious, 4G61T can fit Wira engine bay without modifying the mounts ah?

I suggest going for 4G92 Mivec... so can upgrade further in the future... 

Just my 2 sen...  
hi Dlegend,, well if you have a 1.6 wira or a 1.8 wira then the 4G61T can go in with no problems .. 4G92 is a wonderfull engine but beware of the gearbox man.. its is quite problematic..

perdana_FTO Posted on Oct 23 2004, 17:06 
according to JPJ we can change engine with max +/- 25% 
and play..
ok well yes the 25 % increament still stands but now it is only for 1000 cc which means only 250 cc max but there is not car with 50 cc extra right so they consider it as 200 cc's

it was the end of last year where they stopped calculating it as 25% of the total engine capacity..

ariyon Posted on Oct 23 2004, 15:11 
  alahmak just 200cc arghhhhh... how about 1.3 to 1.6 can or not???? 

guess you are the unlucky one man.. you can only go 1.5 max which does not give alot of improvement...

jemi5467 Posted on Oct 24 2004, 12:12 
  Kugan81,

Only change crankshaft & piston rods, make the engine perform as 1.8 turbo?

This good.

Maybe i should considered it when wanna chnage engine. 

yeah man... not many people know about this.. just that two things make a difference in those two engines..

whatdamn Posted on Oct 24 2004, 21:38 
  kugan81,

dude, thanks for the info man. would like to know more about the performance as well as the reliability aspects from a current/previous owner as urself.

u still driving the 4g61T? 

ok.. about the performance well it is better than a 1.6 waja or a 1.8 GTi any time, but thats not the reason why i am recommending this engine. it is because of the potential of the engine to be upgraded. see as my first post .. you can upgrade the 1.6 to a 2.0 by just changing the crankshaft, conrods, pistons and the turbin's to a TD05.. and you have a VR4 2.0 in a 1.6 disguise.

about reliabilty.. well you better overhaul the engine first before dumping it in la as these half cuts are all unpredictable, once overhauled it is considered a brand new engine. and part are very easy to get as some of then can use the proton parts as well but nobody wants PROTON.. we want MITSUBISHI hehe .. so it is quite reliable, easy and cheap to maintain.

i used to own an iswar with a 4G61T upgraded to a VR4 inside like what i was telling you guys.. but i sold it as my friend was really interested in it and offered me a good price as he pay 1.6 roadtax for a 2.0 which is very much cheaper.. The car i used to have with the 4G61T was very reliable and never broke down.

now i have a sedan iswara with a VR4 RS inside. but am getting bored with Mistubishi now.. just bought a Toyota Celica 1985 rear wheel drive.. gonna upgrade to a 2JZE 3.0 Twin turbo..but will have to wait coz no money yet..but guys keep on asking ill try my best to answer.. if i dont know i will find out for you guys..

jemi5467

Known Member
May 24, 2004
This really interesting....

Now i can dream VR4 2.0 power..he..he..

Btw which piston(Size?)? conrods? crankshaft should we change to? Is it VR4 parts?

Care to tell How much on wheel Hp u get from ur previous upgraded 4g61T ?

mj23

Oct 10, 2004
hi kugan,

just wanna confirm, if put 4g61T into wira1.5 need to change engine mountings rite? if yes, how much would it cost? and the overall cost is?

and also..1.5 to 1.8, lets say 4g93t .. legal or not?

thank bro..

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
kugan81,

thanks for the info once again.

let's see the half cut will come with the front and rear brakes right?

or like how much should i prepare to complete the entire engine transplant.

is it possible to trade in my current engine + g/b to the halfcut shop?

not too sure about the whole procedure and the ethics of a halfcut shop as i've had a bad experience going to one myself.

u mentioned approx RM5k, does that figure include upgrading the brakes, suspensions and modding the mountings if needed?

thanks. :)

kugan81

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Penang
Visit site

jemi5467 Posted on Oct 25 2004, 12:23 
  This really interesting....

Now i can dream VR4 2.0 power..he..he..

Btw which piston(Size?)? conrods? crankshaft should we change to? Is it VR4 parts?

Care to tell How much on wheel Hp u get from ur previous upgraded 4g61T ? 

Yes you can use the VR4 RS pistons, conrod's , crankshaft or you if you have extra cash you can go for the 2.2 TODA Stroker kit which is also compatible which comes with forged pistons and all. So the car can max out at 2.2 litres but thats the max..

with VR4 RS parts in a 4G61T last time when i owned it (DYNO Tested) 207 BHP, but a friend of mines with a 2.2 stroker kit with Microtech produces 380 BHP with 0.7 bar boost.

mj23 Posted on Oct 25 2004, 12:54 
  hi kugan,

just wanna confirm, if put 4g61T into wira1.5 need to change engine mountings rite? if yes, how much would it cost? and the overall cost is?

and also..1.5 to 1.8, lets say 4g93t .. legal or not?

thank bro.. 
well yes you will have to change the moutings.. if you want the normal ones .. you can use the ones from the half cut but if you want new ones you can go for the solid rubber ones which cost RM 50 each but the ones from the half cut is good enough la.

Over all cost depends on your mechanic man...can bargain one..

1.5 to 1.8 not possible la unless you have contacts in JPJ but the legal way it is not possible as you can only go 1.7 max but there is no Mitsu engine with 1.7 right, so guess you will have to settle for the 1.6 (4G61T) but can upgrade ma to 2.2 so dont worry la.., once you get through JPJ then can upgrade redi.

kugan81

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Penang
Visit site
whatdamn Posted: Oct 26 2004, 10:14 

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5906

kugan81,

thanks for the info once again.

let's see the half cut will come with the front and rear brakes right?

or like how much should i prepare to complete the entire engine transplant.

is it possible to trade in my current engine + g/b to the halfcut shop?

not too sure about the whole procedure and the ethics of a halfcut shop as i've had a bad experience going to one myself.

u mentioned approx RM5k, does that figure include upgrading the brakes, suspensions and modding the mountings if needed?

thanks. 

CALL ME: NICK at 016.274.63.97
yes the half cut should come with the Rear brakes but somestimes depends on the chop shop if they want to give it to you. You can bargain with them and make sure they give it to you for no extra charge.

You can try selling your old engine to the chop shop but i dont think they will take it in for a good price.
Try selling it to the mechanicm they can usually can offer you a good price. Maybe RM 1000 for the Engine and g/b at least. the price of your engine also depends on the milage and condition.

5K should do for the workmanship of loading the engine, mountings and brakes but if you have to buy your rear brakes then it will cost a little more. abd suspension, you can try using the half cuts ones for the front but if they are busted guess you will have to buy a pair too. and the rear suspension you will have to find la.. the chop shop usually does not give them. I think if you standby RM 7K should be more than enough but dont tell the mechanic your budget is 7K just tell them you have 5k. they will bill you RM6k plus..try to get a good price. Ask around in your area or friends. the prices of the parts in penang are different thats why i am not able to give you the exact price.

when you go to the half cut shop take your mechanic with you, and once you have slected the engine,, ask the seller for the price. dont ask ur mechanic. ask ur mechanic to check the engine for you and also ask the seller if he gives a guarantee, the should give 1 month at least for major problems only for example engine JAM, or white smoke major problems la.. the small problems like clutch plate and all that depenmds on your luck man. But overhaule the engine first. Take it to a good mechanic. it will cost you 1 k extra but it will be very reliable and hassle free.

in total RM 7 k should do and it also depends on your luck with the Half cut.

mj23

Oct 10, 2004
thanks..another question here..

usually half cut comes with what?

and what are the additional stuff i can ask for from the tauke kedai potong?

kugan81

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Penang
Visit site
, ok the half cut comes with the the basic stuff like engine, wiring and all la, disc brakes for front, fuel pump, body parts, dash,

- you can ask for the rims, rear brakes, seats, steering, gear knobs .. all the parts which comes in the front accept for the rear brakes unless you kam cheng with the tauke la
- whatever in the front part of the car is your,, thats why they call it half cut,, so try to get most of ur stuff if possible,

mj23

Oct 10, 2004
wah lau.. it'll cost me a bump to transform whole wira front part to the gsr half cut.. engine cukup la.. the rest take n sell..

thanks kugan ;)

ckw86

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
heyz i'm totally new here..

wat if i only want the engine and wiring?? coz student ma..not rich... :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wat will become after doing a set of intercooler piping and bigger intercooler?

Example on me , L5 OEM intercooler piping, and i make it with stainless steel piping and using SR20t intercooler.

I'm gonna make in. So wonder to know the affect....Now my i/cooler condition is so bad. Boosting with 1 bar was so HOT! even hand cant touch! :baring_teeth:

so after tis process upgrading intercooler will improve performance after get more cold...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience