• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Guys,
I'm planning to do a top overhaul on my old bomb engine (Mileage 160k. 40k red lining all the way). Just wanna clean the valves and ports. Previous owner hardly thrashed the car so carbon buil-up must be quite the a lot wor.

I know I need new headgaskets and relevant oil seal. Any recommended shop to buy spares?

Anything else do I need?

ahchi

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
SA
Whre's your location? I know a guy quite familiar in doing this kind of overhaul, his shop is in Kota Kemuning, Shah Alam.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Have my own mechanic. Just need to source parts because my mech charge too high price for parts.

Biasa la PJ based mechs...

Just out of curiosity how much would it cost and how long?

Thanks for the offer anyway

ahchi

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
SA
Price wise I don't know woh, cause I've been seeing him take dismantle 2 20V blacktop engine. One is doing t some boring to fit in a bigger size cyclinder, another one is doing overhaul because of white smoke. I see him buying a set of cyclinder with the price of RM600-700 perset.
He say that th espare parts can be get easily from any Toyota spare part shop. Good luck.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
I hanged out at my mech shop last time and see him do top overhaul before. Basically its a 4-5 hour job if he is not attending to other customers. But usually he uses a day. I have only see him do Merc and BMW engines and some Proton makes so far. Next on the list is mine. hahah.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Following are some information on how to chip a evo 1 2 3 ecu.

You need to get the ecu out of the car and open up the casing.
Inside you will see this PCB... it already has a standard chip in it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience