3.5t motor into a china product

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys, i just get a 5.5t motor hobby racing brand and put into my VANTEX china product and it run fast when i change to touring tyres.. just a question.. i wonder can a china product support a 3.5t motor?
some said cannot support, what mean? chassis will break meh?
if those spare part that cant support the speed, den can i change it to other brand like tamiya, hpi racing etc? so can tahan already la?? sorry still newbie..cuz i cant afford to buy a japanese brand car, so i get china 1,with the money for buying a original tamiya or hpi i can already mod my VANTEX into monster.. thx

KancilanSazer

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
can...just the ratio of the car match to the power of the 3.5T...if u play touring and using rubber tire..put some tire traction liquid..sure can speed kao2:smokin:

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
bout the rubber tyre i know i need to put on glue on it in order not to had some fly tyre come out happen. gear ratio? i heard bout it but i still not quite understand.. so i just need to change the gear? or what? and bout products.. act wad's the different between those japans , taiwans , china brand? isit japan more durable? so can i put japan spare part into my china RC? will it work?

KancilanSazer

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
traction liquid is not a glue..it keep ur car tire grip on the tarmac..about the ratio is ur pinion/spur ratio..if u running with 3.5T u need to have the ratio of 5>..my friend motor magnet blow in the first full throttle because of wrong ratio..about the product..Japanese product is more expensive coz they have done many research before developing the kit..this is to ensure the durability of the kit...taiwan and china..they only copy the kit..same look diff quality..about the kit if u say vantex..i assume either clone to the Tamiya 416 or Xray T2'009..if u are using 416 clone u can put the original tamiya stuff into ur rc..same goes to Xray..:smokin::smokin:

Last edited:

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
so how to justify that my kit looks the same like wad u mention that 416 kit?
i just know that vantex can put on CPV products... i bought the price at 350 only which is more cheaper than a motor.. but i can mod it freely. so i choose this brand. i dont have a picture on my laptop, perhaps do u mind google it and tell me about it can i put on tamiya products? thx

KancilanSazer

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
easiest way to define the clone 416 from vantex is on the center upper deck it has small belt tensioner..and xray clone dont have..im not so sure about CPV product..from the price i assume your chassis is alloy..

this is my chassis clone of Xray..see if it same as yours..:driver:

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
ya. its the same like urs..
hmm.. so u mean ur car also not original ka?
have u change massive of spare part?
actually my point is. can my car match with japan RC's once mod?
cuz this car i buy 350 other belt car 1000++
so im thinking il throw 1000 more into this china so it would smoke a original tamiya brand i think?

Jin_Jat

Known Member
May 2, 2009
Hometown:Penang
ya. its the same like urs..
hmm.. so u mean ur car also not original ka?
have u change massive of spare part?
actually my point is. can my car match with japan RC's once mod?
cuz this car i buy 350 other belt car 1000++
so im thinking il throw 1000 more into this china so it would smoke a original tamiya brand i think?
The only difference of the original and copy rc is the brand and slightly a lil bit more quality for original makers...and of coz china copy can even tapau original chassis or equally powerful, its just the electronics and option parts u added which makes the rc better...not the brand can make the car fast or faster in corners...just keep in mind to study gear ratios so that u know ur way to mod ur rc...if u are able to master which ratio to use in specific tracks on the specific electronics u have surely any (Either Japan original or China copy) rc can be very comfortable and responsive to your needs.

For starters u should be able to identify that the copy will have flaws such as using cheap electronics, lose screws and some even with cheap plastics...by inspecting the important parts of the chassis and look for any other faulty parts...Ur luck will determine wether the product u bought has only 1~5% slight flaws...if more than 1~5%, just dun buy it

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am from the UK, but I live in Thailand now.

Last month I went back to the UK for 4 weeks to see friends and family and a few people have interesting cars so I thought I would post some pics if anyone is interested.

First, my rental car, 1.4 turbo Vauxhall Corsa SR

Last time I was in the UK, my Sister...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience