2nd hand Altezza or new Mazda 3

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

tcdotkong

May 30, 2006
I am sure all of you will say Altezza. But I need to list some solid reasons (pls don't say if follow your feel, give me some points more concrete). I know they are different categories, but after discount back all the factors, they are coming close. Tell me why you like one and not the other, if the price is about the same.

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
tcdotkong said:
I am sure all of you will say Altezza. But I need to list some solid reasons (pls don't say if follow your feel, give me some points more concrete)
. I know they are different categories, but after discount back all the factors, they are coming close. Tell me why you like one and not the other, if the price is about the same.
1. I dun know if any of us have driven a mazda.....tak tau if it is good or not.

2. since i dun think any of us here works as a car salesman....can i suggest that u go try out the 2 cars first?:cyclops:

3. THEN, if u ask the right questions, we can answer em.....:_: because we know what to answer...

cheers.

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
well, i DO know 1 thing.

the mazda is a NEW car right?

our poor altezzas are kinda old lor. sigh

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Both makes are great, and like said by the others, the altezza /is300 is out of production and therefore...errr OLD

If i were to choose, i would go for the 2.3 version of the MAZDA 6...really sweet ride...not the 3..

Buying a new car also avoids all unnecesarry hicups generally found in second hands

tcdotkong

May 30, 2006
Altezza is old, but still look great. I mean...... The moment you spot one on the road, it give you feeling that its powerful....don't play play.

People described it as luxury, sporty, performance 4 -doors sedan!!!! Its like a combi of all that we want and compact them into this car. Its wonderful for those like me only can afford to maintain one car that we like.

That is why even though its old, but still in my list (even there is new, I can't afford to buy also).

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Yup, the altezza is one of a kind and it will definitely turn heads.........

i had the same problem choosing for a car as well when i got mine...

in my case, it was the evo against the altezza and the winner was... the altezza!!Reason: 1. Much cheaper
2. Not a common car
3. Readily available parts from Toyota
2. and finally.........NO TURBO:sad_smile:

If ur eyes love it..just go get it, no looking back..after all, the depriciation value for altezzas are quite reasonable

Good luck:shades_smile:

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
No comments on both cars as they have their own abilities to capture ppls hearts.

It is solely on an individual to list out what they want from a car, what are the feelings u are expecting when u sit in it & driving it.
When u are done making a list, go test both cars out.
Slowly narrow it down to the one u want.

Remember, dun let anyone influence u to buy the car of their choice.

tcdotkong

May 30, 2006
ok. Stick to my desire.

porosaki, would you mind telling me what kind of feels from this car which make you make up your mind ?

martinchan

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Ipoh
1 - mazda no second value
2 - mazda less performance parts
3 - mazda part more expensive than toyota

cause i'm a mazda owner before.

duh!

Known Member
Jan 6, 2006
tcdotkong said:
I am sure all of you will say Altezza. But I need to list some solid reasons (pls don't say if follow your feel, give me some points more concrete). I know they are different categories, but after discount back all the factors, they are coming close. Tell me why you like one and not the other, if the price is about the same.
Dude.... Altezza is an evergreen car.... all the new cars are "fashionable".. but nowadays, they tend to look weird somehow... to a certain extent, I felt that the new IS250 shape still is inferior to the Altezzas...... but that is only my personal opinion lah...

Rear wheel drive = pleasure on the twisties
Toyota VVTi = years of reliability
And as the others already mentioned, parts would perhaps be easier to get for Toyotas in general

Go get Altezza dude, cant go wrong with that.

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Bro

Altezza Shall Not For Whatsoever Reason Be Compared To Mazda 3

Get It

Chio ... Topic Close ... Hahahaha

duh!

Known Member
Jan 6, 2006
JaHaX said:
Bro

Altezza Shall Not For Whatsoever Reason Be Compared To Mazda 3

Get It

Chio ... Topic Close ... Hahahaha
Fully agreed, well said bro!:shades_smile:

tcdotkong

May 30, 2006
Yeah! Bro, I understand what you mean, that is why I only compared "second hand" Altezza with "New" Mazda 3. If they both priced the same when new, I would not hesitate go for Altezza....

Maybe my question is not direct to the point. How about sharing with me, why you choose Altezza at the first place? I am sure there was close alternative in your mind, which was knocked out by you for certain reasons.....

Last edited:

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
GO GET AN ALTEZZA!!Dont procrastinate...

Last edited:

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
tcdotkong said:
Yeah! Bro, I understand what you mean, that is why I only compared "second hand" Altezza with "New" Mazda 3. If they both priced the same when new, I would not hesitate go for Altezza....

Maybe my question is not direct to the point. How about sharing with me, why you choose Altezza at the first place? I am sure there was close alternative in your mind, which was knocked out by you for certain reasons.....
... still dont get it ... heck man ...

by the way, join our TT one day or hop in to Porosaki's car, if u have a chance and u will know ... and i believe, u will then, not make such comparison ....

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
wah 191 already? tot only 18+ last time?

ya lor ... urs is one of its kind already ... too extravagant of experience will it be ... need smthng much more subtle ... hehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im looking for a RSM..
considering a new and a used unit..
any cons in buying a used one?
as i know another set of sensors for the G readings are sold seperately when u purchase a new unit...
how much does these sensors cost? used and new?
how much am i looking at for a used RSM?

and does anyone know if the red coloured edition still available?

thanks in advance..

PM me if u got one for sale..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience