2JZ Engine's

Mk3SuPrA

Dec 18, 2006
Hi,do anyone know bout 2jz engine?is it true tat 2jz parts is hard 2 get?
cause i talk 2 the mechanic n they said tat 2jz parts the only way 2 get is by ordering.
is tat true?i thinking of putting in 2jz in my car but the mechanic told me don't it is better 2 go with 1jz..is it a good engine 2 be using??

hansonchen

Known Member
Jan 25, 2007
nope, it's quite easy to find. this is the list i got from searching the web, 1jz parts are getting less and less, so i got to find alternative from 2jz parts. do some searching through the web. you'll find some interesting websites. pm me if you want a list. i'd love to get my car fitted with a 2jz but due to the road tax, i used 1jz. 2jz has more torque in the mid range than 1jz but 1jz head flows better.

2jz can use direct replacement of a 1jz water pump and fan assembly. so i think there isn't a problem of looking for parts. any one else wanna add some comments?
<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="width: 424.5pt;" border="1" cellpadding="0" width="566"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td colspan="2" style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]Required Conversion Parts[/FONT][FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0.75pt; width: 261.75pt;" width="349"> [FONT=&quot]Description<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt; width: 150.75pt;" width="201"> [FONT=&quot]Part No.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]Toyota 2JZ-GTE high pressure power steering hose
Substitute found @ partsamerica.com<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]44403-14020<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]Toyota 2JZ-GTE power steering union bolt<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]90401-16014<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]Toyota 2JZ-GTE throttle cable<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]78180-1B090<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]Pressure port gasket #2<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]44327-26020<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]Pressure port gasket #1<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]44327-12010<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]2JZ Valve cover gaskets<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]Int 11213-46020
Exh 11214-46010<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]Toyota Supra 89+ front crossmember<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot] <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]Toyota Supra89+ fluid motor mounts or custom mounts<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]12361-42050<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> [FONT=&quot]<o:p> </o:p>[/FONT]
<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="width: 424.5pt;" border="1" cellpadding="0" width="566"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td colspan="2" style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]Optional Parts[/FONT][FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0.75pt; width: 261.75pt;" width="349"> [FONT=&quot]Description<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt; width: 150.75pt;" width="201"> [FONT=&quot]Part No.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]Denso Platinum Plugs
Denso Iridium Plugs(sku 5304)
NGK Platinum Plugs(sku 2215)
NGK Iridium Plugs(sku 6418)
Gap <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]PK20R8
IK20
BKR6EP-8
BKR6EIX
0.32in (1mm)<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]1JZ Timing belt(JDM only)<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]13568-49025<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]1JZ Serpentine belt or
2JZ Serpentine Belt<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> [FONT=&quot]90916-02306
90916-02309 <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
my personal opinion:

if you go all the way to get a 2jz for your car, why do you bother about ordering spare parts? Spare parts is around, you can get it from toyota because they are still used in some of the crown models even today, or from aftermarket part manufacturer.

If i'm playing with 2jz, i'll worried more about how i spend my money instead of how to get parts.

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
is this what u meant??

..kidding man..ahhaha

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
i think what those mechanics meant is the engine parts replacement are not as easy to get as some other engines like... 4A-GE or 3S-GE.

you still can get those parts but extra work is needed laa... that's why, network would come as an advantage.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
the myth of 1jz head flows better than 2jz is a complete BS... even with the most aggresive porting job done on the 1jz head the benchmark still flows nothing close to even the 2jz head....why i say so ... bcuz im one of the stupid guy who listen to myth and after done everything only to find out the truth frm reality (benchmarking) and facts from toymods forum in australia... the reason why pl playing with 1.5j (2j block + 1j head) is when b4 u test power u open the bonet pl will stil tink .. "oh , its a 1jz...." and with 2jz in pl wil say ..."2jz ar...? main sendiri la kamu..." tak ngam category geng....

or another reason is if u are already running on 1jz ..u wouldnt want to waste things u had spend for the head of 1jz like single turbine,exhaust singgle turbo manifold nd some aggressive cams and pulley...so tats also a reason pl do 1.5j conversion as those parts cant be thrown into the 2jz head

btw i bought 2jz engine lantai complete with wiring without ecu rm3.5k.... just for the sake to modify to my 1j....

nokia

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
nowadays 2jz halfcut from aristo is onli 5k. i found 1 in Kulim, Kedah.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
sometimes things u dun need they appear in front of u cheap cheap price.. and we always tink ... nvm la .. now i dun need this.. untill the time we need ....might get into trouble of rm5k for a 1jz halfcut with manual tranny... and worst still u hold the money and u cant even find the thing u lookng for..

hansonchen

Known Member
Jan 25, 2007
the myth of 1jz head flows better than 2jz is a complete BS... even with the most aggresive porting job done on the 1jz head the benchmark still flows nothing close to even the 2jz head....why i say so ... bcuz im one of the stupid guy who listen to myth and after done everything only to find out the truth frm reality (benchmarking) and facts from toymods forum in australia... the reason why pl playing with 1.5j (2j block + 1j head) is when b4 u test power u open the bonet pl will stil tink .. "oh , its a 1jz...." and with 2jz in pl wil say ..."2jz ar...? main sendiri la kamu..." tak ngam category geng....

or another reason is if u are already running on 1jz ..u wouldnt want to waste things u had spend for the head of 1jz like single turbine,exhaust singgle turbo manifold nd some aggressive cams and pulley...so tats also a reason pl do 1.5j conversion as those parts cant be thrown into the 2jz head

btw i bought 2jz engine lantai complete with wiring without ecu rm3.5k.... just for the sake to modify to my 1j....
yep, that's what they found out. then again, the criteria for a good porting is the velocity of the flow, the volume of flow is the last thing a porter would look at. ex. you can't put together a 400cc port on a 500cid engine as it'll have too low a velocity or a 300cc port on a 650cid engine that has too high in velocity. that's why sometimes you hear complaints that a car makes less hp or torque after a so-called performance porting job.

so the concept of a 1.5jz is the 1jz has a higher velocity flow that helps a faster spool up of a larger turbo and 2jz 3litre provides the torque which is a great combination for DRIFTING. for information, 1jz head flows 215in and 2jz head flows 238in. both head is good in their own right :regular_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When my brake pedal is depressed, none of the lights (including 3rd brake light)come on. When I switch on the lights, only one side lights up.

What should I open up to check for faults? :cyclops:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience