2007 Spanish GP, Circuit de Catalunya

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Alonso will have lots of local fans supporting him this coming weekend.
Will he win the race with the new McLaren front wing design???

MiLd7

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
Borneo Legion
Visit site
exciting race!!!!

just finish watch the live qualifying!!! is very very exciting which spain is hometown of alonso!!! but ferrari wont give chance to him to win the victory!!! cause the championship point of construction still lose to BENZ!!!

anyway, congra to massa, alonso, kimi, hamiton and others!!!!! tomorrow sure very exciting!!!!! but off course alonso full boost on this race!!!!!!

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Alonso misses the pole just by 0.03 of a seconds. Gosh, thats less than a blink of an eye. Its gonna be a real interesting race tomorrow. Mclaren more or less have matched Ferrari's pace and its just a matter of pit strategy and who gets thru first in the first corner. As you know, Mclaren always have blistering starts and i'm going for a Mclaren win tomorrow. Alonso definitely doesn't wanna look silly in front of his fans.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
0.030 second is the gap that separates both of the drivers on the first row!
Today's race gonna be an interesting one.
I hope both the McLaren drivers will lay off a stunning start into the first and second corner and repeat the success that they did in Malaysia by claiming first and second just after the first and second corner.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
That'll be unlikely to happen again. If not mistaken in Malaysia, Alonso and Ham was starting in the clean side of the track, though being 2nd and 4th thus they had a super start. In Barcelona, it won't be so easy. Besides, its a long winding right corner, not a sharp chicane. It won't be easy to overtake i think.

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
I don't think Massa will leave the the door open this time. By now the both the Ferrari drivers already know how fast the Mclaren's start is. Alonso could have taken pole position since he was on a light fuel load but did not manage to out-pace Massa's qualifying time.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Yup. Alonso will be desperate for a good clean start. I think he went for the light fuel load yesterday aiming for the pole position. Now that Massa pipped him to it, he's at a big disadvantage unless he can get in front of Massa quick.

Also, it'll be interesting to see what Kimi will do because I don't think he is 3 tenths slower than Massa. He must have more fuel on board.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
LoL...this season is brilliant. The racing isn't any better but the drama is.

I guess many would have thought at the start of the season that it would be Alonso vs Raikkonen. And after the first 2 GP it certainly looked that way. But, who would have thought that Massa would suddenly make a big claim for himself. And who would have thought that Hamilton would put champion Alonso in the shade.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
qualifying was fantastic, top 4 cars can be covered with a blanket, the difference is all within around 0.7 seconds. F1 has never been exciting as now since the past 10 years.

the race was also fabulous especially at first corner when alonso tried to squeeze massa the clean way but ended up in 4th place. LOL

too bad raikonen DNF.

superb race from massa. hamilton was playing defensive with alonso so didnt had the chance to chase up. alonso didnt had any chance to overtake hamilton too.

hamilton now leads championship at 30 pts. alonso 2nd at 28, massa at 27. unlucky raikonen stuck at 22pts.

next race in 2 weeks time...wonder what will happen. btw, i would prefer not to have Alex Yoong as my commentator. he dont know how to pronounce Robert Kubica is it? very embarasing especially when he himself is a racer

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Fantastic race!
Lewis is spicing up the season by being the youngest driver to lead the driver's championship.
As we all focus to the battle of Alonso and Raikkonen during the starting of the season, Massa and Hamilton have something in them to prove that the season is not all about Alonso and Raikkonen only.
This season would be an extra ordinary one.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
As much as i want Ham to win something this year, he has to watch out himself. You know young drivers might just get hot headed and just see their season go down hill after a few bad race. This is when the mental strength of the experience drivers comes in. He needs to stay modest and not try to do something funny, like an outrageous overtaking move that will knock himself out of the race.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Just like what happened to Jacques Villeneuve, after seeing him setting a good benchmark for rookie drivers he plunged to the lowest point of his F1 career in his 3rd season in F1 onwards.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Yeah Jacques is a classic example. He announced his arrival in the F1 scene with a storm. He produced some stonking laptimes and was so quick that people were saying he's a future world champion. True enough he did become a world champion at a tender age, in only his second season i think. He made a gravely mistake by signing for an unknown quantity team in BAR Honda and his career spiralled downwards thereafter. However, what people didn't realise Villeneuve was extremely lucky when he drove for the top team in only his first season. He failed to do a "Michael Schumacher" by joining BAR whereby Michael went on and successfully won 5 titles though Ferrari were struggling when he joined them.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Yup, Jacques came into F1 and jump right into the dominant car and team. He was indeed very lucky. The same can be said about Hamilton.

RealtyAgent

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2006
www.autoglobalzone.com
Yup, Jacques came into F1 and jump right into the dominant car and team. He was indeed very lucky. The same can be said about Hamilton.
Yeah, Jacques is very lucky.. agree with u..

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
Yeah, Jacques is very lucky.. agree with u..
dun forget damon hill, he had similar fate in 96.

back to present, i am thinking alonso is feeling the pressure now. this year is going to be stiff on him, not only challenges come from Ferrari camp but also from team mate Hamilton who had been with McLaren since 10 years ago.

last season, ALonso enjoyed his leadership in the first 4 races. thing had changed then. the race this weekend would be evn more interesting to watch

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
If Alonso comes out of this season on top, he'll have converted me fully. Right now, I'm backing McLaren but not him. I'm a bit iffy about Hamilton at the moment. Not too sure about his attitude.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear respected Sifus in the detailing community...

I got a question to ask here... Is it okay to wash and then wax my car without the polishing/cutting stage? My paint is not perfect. But it's not that bad either. It is okay throughout the body and clear coat is still there nicely ^^. Except for some places small areas or paint start to bubble up. Looks liek peeling. And there a small patch where the clear coat is gone on the bonnet. And some minor and swirl marks that are hard to see...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience