2006 Silverstone

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
BlackSamurai said:
Yah, right after safety car period, Kimi and Schumi's sidepot fighting is the only scene worth watching. As F1 fans we need action as such, agreesive move, without touching. :laugh:

The pit is funny, I was blurr in the first place what so special about the crew that hold the tires. He even raise his arm after the pit stop, sound like a great achievement he got. Haha. It's chance of a life time. I would like to do that if possible.

Sooner or later the safety car resume guideline will be draw out if Alonso did that more frequent. Schumi did do that in the past, but he just hold 3-4 cars back behind him, but Alonso hold the entire chain!
Alonso was lucky it was Kimi or MSC... if it was JB he might have lost his rear wheel as JB will be busy waving hands to pretty girls...hehehehhe

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
The stunt Alonso pulled could have ended in tears and he would have been the one with the most to lose. Kimi could easily have rear ended him, ending both their races. Remember Schumacher pulling such a stunt in Monaco only to have someone pile into his back?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Hah, that was Montoya who smacked into Schumi. I think the FIA should put an end to that silly move. I know it gives an advantage to the first driver in front, but there's a risk of someone behind getting smacked. Totally defeats the purpose of having a safety car when an idiot in front is risking an accident in the first place.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
prodigy said:
Hah, that was Montoya who smacked into Schumi. I think the FIA should put an end to that silly move. I know it gives an advantage to the first driver in front, but there's a risk of someone behind getting smacked. Totally defeats the purpose of having a safety car when an idiot in front is risking an accident in the first place.
yup...totally agree with it...but how can they put a rule on to it....it is very hard to govern this move...

actually Kimi did overshot Alonsos car..but he did not fully passed him...

si|verfish said:
The stunt Alonso pulled could have ended in tears and he would have been the one with the most to lose. Kimi could easily have rear ended him, ending both their races. Remember Schumacher pulling such a stunt in Monaco only to have someone pile into his back?
Schumi one was totally his fault...he did that at the exit of the tunnel where the sudden light would have blinded JPM for a moment...but Schumi did not purposely slow down the field...he was half a lap away...he was jus warming his brakes at the wrong place..

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Regardless, this suka-suka tekan brake behaviour has no place on a race track. It endangers everybody and they should put an end to it. Put it under unsporting behaviour, whatever. If the McLaren really did pile into the back of the Renault, I would have been laughing my head off at the stupid move.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
In any case if Kimi were to 'overtake' Alonso because he was braking so hard, i think Kimi will be excused. Quite obviously he was avoiding Alonso.

I agree that its hard to put a rule to it. As long as the driver uses some common sense when doing it, there should not be any problem. In this case, Alonso pushed it a little too far.

Also, the Schumi-Montoya incident was inside the tunnel and i must say Montoya was caught unaware and smacked straight into him. But very obviously Schumi did was to warm the brakes as it was at the middle of the track, unlike Alonso who did it at the last part of the track whereby he was looking to get an advantage from it.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
i remember the commentator did state that the brake warming is for safety precaution. As we all know, F1 carbon brake only work optimistically at certain degree celcuis (600C to 1000C if I'm not mistaken), hence they the driver need to brake it hard before the race resume, or else they may miss the first turning and hence may create massive accident.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I still think that if you allow it to go on, and drivers continue to push the envelope, something bad will happen. What if Kimi managed to brake in time but Schumacher piles into his back? Alonso would have taken out 2 of his competitors in the race with one move. Who is to blame? And Alonso, manages to hold up the whole lot of cars behind him. There could have been several incidents further behind even.

It shouldn't be allowed.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
si|verfish said:
Regardless, this suka-suka tekan brake behaviour has no place on a race track. It endangers everybody and they should put an end to it. Put it under unsporting behaviour, whatever. If the McLaren really did pile into the back of the Renault, I would have been laughing my head off at the stupid move.
Alonso would be furious if he got smacked...Kimi would jus shrug his shoulders and walk off calmly...that is what i assume...but who could Alonso blame if this really happens...

BlackSamurai said:
i remember the commentator did state that the brake warming is for safety precaution. As we all know, F1 carbon brake only work optimistically at certain degree celcuis (600C to 1000C if I'm not mistaken), hence they the driver need to brake it hard before the race resume, or else they may miss the first turning and hence may create massive accident.
brake hard as in expected places...not out of a sudden and as you like...it is actually the same for the tyres too...they would try to warm both up...

si|verfish said:
I still think that if you allow it to go on, and drivers continue to push the envelope, something bad will happen. What if Kimi managed to brake in time but Schumacher piles into his back? Alonso would have taken out 2 of his competitors in the race with one move. Who is to blame? And Alonso, manages to hold up the whole lot of cars behind him. There could have been several incidents further behind even.

It shouldn't be allowed.
sure i agree... bad things ought to happen soon...even the starsports commentator commented that Alonsos luck is due to run out sometime soon...seems to me like he is cursing him...hahhahah

if it really ended up crashing Kimi and MSC...i think this would be investigated by the stewards...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
si|verfish said:

It shouldn't be allowed.
yes, agree, as F1 driver do not have far vision (due to the low horizontal seat),high potential that what silverf|sh mention may happen, that's why i said earlier, a proper guideline for all driver must be draw out.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
BlackSamurai said:
Nahh, its unlikely he was warming up his brakes. More like he was slamming his brakes so to unsettle Kimi and then accelerate away while Kimi is left behind recovering. Obviously it didn't go as planned as Kimi was very much aware of his tactics and managed to close in behind but didn't get to overtake.

However, i could understand why Alonso was doing that, just that Alonso overdid it. Its actually part of a race tactic. Thats even why Ron Dennis didn't make it into a big deal, as Ron would normally be the first one to make noise if he senses injustice. Remember Suzuka last season when Kimi actually held up the whole field, almost driving at snails pace just to make sure he gets a clear pitstop after Montoya. Thats also one of those race strategies we're talking about.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
prodigy; Black Samurai meant Schumacher.

Anyway, yes it was strategy and yes Alonso over did it. I'm lamenting the fact that one fine day, something will happen because of this sudden braking and people like Ron will complain. Too little too late then.

And that holding up the pack when entering the pit lane has been outlaw hasn't it? Come to think of it, holding up the pack unnecessarily anywhere is outlawed. Why was Alonso allowed to do that?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
prodigy said:
Remember Suzuka last season when Kimi actually held up the whole field, almost driving at snails pace just to make sure he gets a clear pitstop after Montoya. Thats also one of those race strategies we're talking about.
it is illegal move now.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
i'd say no rules will be passed if no one makes noise...and no one will make noise until they get punted from the back and lost a title fight or something like that...reason is...they know that their drivers would also use that trick sometime in the season...so why rant when nothing happens to you...right?

A Post Every 5 Mins

Two days ago, I sent my car for respraying the boot and side mudguard.

The work was a tedious job, and I personally worked on it together with my repainter fren.

But the problem is when after respraying, I drove the car in the rain, as I did not want to leave my car there...

According to the repainter, the last coat (clear coat) is dry enough to be driven in the rain..(after sprayed for more than 1 hour 30 minutes or more.

But today, I saw watermarks on the paintwork, and its...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience