4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

z6.jpg

z7.jpg

z8.jpg

z9.jpg

2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class
After two years of hype and three flamboyant concepts, Mercedes-Benz finally lifted the veil on the production version of its new all-wheel-drive, six-seat R-Class at the New York show. The plush but practical crossover, a combination of wagon, sport/ute and minivan, will go on sale in the States this fall with two engine offerings, a 3.5-liter, 268-hp, 258-lb-ft V6 in the R350, and a 5.0-liter, 302-hp, 339-lb-ft V8 in the R500. Mercedes isn't talking yet, but plans include an R55 AMG running a naturally aspirated 6.3-liter V8 making about 500 hp.

Will take me some time to get used to the front end... somehow find it to be mismatching with the rest of the car.

I think its really ugly... the front end looks like some star wars alien.

i looks a bit like the ssangyong stavic

kinda ugly for me ;)

well... im also a Mercedes fan besides BMW fan...

i wont say anything about da design n all i ll say is that Mercedes should just stick to their niche market... which is da premium/luxury/executive market...

if they move to da people movers market im afraid da 3 pointed star will lose its lustre n shine....

Mercedes should stick to wat they r good at.... which is providing wheels for expensive butts to sit on.... not expensive wheels for cheap butts to sit on :P

The design looks like a mistake. Now they look like Ssangyong ripoffs rather that the other way around.

*laughs* Every company is greedy. Want more and more profit. try to tap into every market they possibly can. One day everything would be monopolized by one company... Just like Microsoft... Putting eveyone out of business...

Originally posted by xtracooljustin@Mar 24 2005, 11:04
well... im also a Mercedes fan besides BMW fan...

i wont say anything about da design n all i ll say is that Mercedes should just stick to their niche market... which is da premium/luxury/executive market...

if they move to da people movers market im afraid da 3 pointed star will lose its lustre n shine....

Mercedes should stick to wat they r good at.... which is providing wheels for expensive butts to sit on.... not expensive wheels for cheap butts to sit on :P
[snapback]836269[/snapback]​

fully 200% agree with your statement!!1 ;) :lol:

Hehe, Merc makes wheels for all kinds of butts, like my old bus sekolah or the lorryies on the NSE

"*laughs* Every company is greedy. Want more and more profit. try to tap into every market they possibly can. One day everything would be monopolized by one company... Just like Microsoft... Putting eveyone out of business..."

I agree. I think it's a travesty by mercedes but if it makes money for them, I guess it works.........

Future car:
MERCEDES BENZ KLEEMANN E55 K3 (W221)
Smooth 610bhp and 835Nm@2000rpm from 5.5L V8.
0-100km/h in 4.0 seconds and 0-200km/h 11.8seconds.

Quote from M5board.com(MortenDK), "Buy an E55 AMG, get a Stage 3 modification at Kleemann and you'll have a car with 835 nm and 610 horse power!
I spoke to the Kleemann company today, I was questioning them about their engines and performances and stuff, I was told:
We have tested our KLEEMANN E55 K3 fitted with Yokohama A 048 Street slicks, best 0-96,7 kmph was 3,60 secs…."

Although, if I make it big I want this car:
Mercedes Benz CL65 AMG with Kleemann tuning and LSD.
739bhp and 1300Nm of torque.
Luxurious&comfortable 4-seat daily driver but does the 1/4mile in 10.+ secs

Well a stock CL65 AMG is already twin turbo V12 with 1000nM of torque (actually 1200nM but throttled back to 1000nM) and the car can go from 0-100 in 3.8sec. That's faster than most ferraris :)

Originally posted by BenWang@Mar 24 2005, 18:57

Hehe, Merc makes wheels for all kinds of butts, like my old bus sekolah or the lorryies on the NSE
[snapback]837965[/snapback]​

true true... actually those heavy vehicles u c on da road r old school Merc design...
they were top of the range during their production years ;)

nowadays, their top of da range heavy wheelers r like these...
wallpaper_1_770x200.object-Single-MEDIA.jpg

wallpaper_3__770x200.object-Single-MEDIA.jpg

Wua ha ha....

whoa, why so ugly??... comfort i think it will be lar... but style??... yuks... cannot cannot... reject reject...

cyclonite, the CL65 is much heavier than most Ferraris at 4654lbs. But consider the list attached, with Kleemann tuning to 739bhp, it will have a better power to weight ratio than most supercars, beaten by only the Enzo, Carrera GT and Saleen.

4654lbs/739bhp= 6.29lbs per bhp

The CL65 with Kleemann upgrade, LSD and drag radials is expected to have a 1/4 mile ET in the low 11secs and may touch the high 10s. Of course, it won't corner at all well and will bomb around a twisty track. But it's an extremely luxurious 4-seater, smooth daily driver made for highway cruising, not track use.

I met one Sarawakian from MBWorld.org forums who's waiting for his CL65 to be delivered, he's also going to get the Kleemann upgrades from the Kleemann rep in Brunei. I am EXTREMELY envious :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

i look at the car and im reminded of SsangYong Stavic ! :(

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom