2 Way Alarm

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ravis

Known Member
Guys, need your input here. I am planning to change my stock alarm to 2 way alarm for my Civic FD1. Budget is RM500 and below. I've seen many STEELMATE 898G PRO-II alarm on the net but not much reviews. Is any one of you using 2 way alarm ? Please share / suggest.

Is it something like Viper alarm? :smile:

Good things dun come cheap I guess :biggrin:

But sorry, need someone else to comment cuz
I have not experience in using 2 way alarm system.

if im not mistaken its using a rechargeable battery

a friend is using one, battery died after 1 yr plus

if im not mistaken also, u get 2 remotes; one is with lcd screen, one without

just some things to consider

Cheers

Guys, need your input here. I am planning to change my stock alarm to 2 way alarm for my Civic FD1. Budget is RM500 and below. I've seen many STEELMATE 898G PRO-II alarm on the net but not much reviews. Is any one of you using 2 way alarm ? Please share / suggest.

You may refer here for Steelmate 898G users' feedback:

steelmate 898G or crimefighter alarm?

if im not mistaken its using a rechargeable battery

a friend is using one, battery died after 1 yr plus

if im not mistaken also, u get 2 remotes; one is with lcd screen, one without

just some things to consider

Cheers

no bro, for Steelmate 898G both remotes are 2-way LCD screen. And yeah, need to charge it through a charger which can be connected to the cigarete lighter.

if for Viper 2-way alarm then yes, one 2-way remote and a 1-way remote.

steelmate not bad for budget people like me...

but the range is really overstated...

plus it doesnt haf the warning lights when doors are open...huhuhu!

after reading all the steelmate reviews i think its a really good budget 2 way alarm with a lot of features for something so reasonably priced

Steelmate remote vibrates when the car alarm goes off, i dont think other 2 way alarms have this function.

Steelmate remote vibrates when the car alarm goes off, i dont think other 2 way alarms have this function.

need to be in range for the remote to vibrate.
plus...if someone jack ur car illegally...it only comes with twice warning sound.
and if the signal is in range...then the remote will vibrate.

i know this coz my car was jack up and no alarm was triggered. :banghead:
so test it myself...and confirmed it just gave twice warning sound...like toink toink...done...

i lived at 23rd floor and no alarm signal at my houz...huhuhu!

Thanks for the input bro. This will help me alot to review the alarm. So what happened to your ride ? Managed to stop them ?

car was fine...wheels almost gone...lucky police was ard doing patrols....
but lost all wheel nuts and my cars already on brick...just need to take out wheels oni...

the car beside mine also almost get the same fate...they're bz jacking dat car when they're busted.

Huh! people are going nuts nowdays in Malaysia......wonder whether the same things happening in neighbouring countries.

Top Bottom