Myvi 1.5 fuel consumption

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
The unreasonable temptation to floor the throttle more than what is needed. :biggrin:

Actually if I put more discipline on myself, I really don't have to step more than 30% on the throttle to get the car going now. That is not the case last time when my car is underpowered mainly due to wrong ignition timing.
Yup, keep ourselves under control. But when shift 3rd gear, cannot resist :hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I did a rough calculation and I got average 13km/l on my current usage. I've seen certain 1.5 manual myvi users posting their average of 16km/l all the way up to 21.7km/l. So if i'm really light footed I can achieve similar average?
21.7km/L is hybrid territory. Impossible to achieve on real roads in a Myvi.

16-17km/L is possible with a Myvi 1.5 manual as a friend of mine regularly achieves that and he's not exactly slow either. The trick is not light feet, it's smooth driving with minimal variances in your gas pedal.

My Sylphy if I were to rev 3k RPM and maintain the 150km/h speed all the way to JB from KL, I'd get a pretty good FC of 14km/L which isn't much but for a large saloon with a 2.0L engine it's not bad. However in city since it's most of the time stop-go traffic and inconsistent throttle best I get is 10km/L and worst 8km/L. If I maintain 110km/h from KL to JB I'd die of boredom first then get an incredible 16km/L in the Sylphy. My auto Myvi's concept is similar. City driving usually 12-14km/L. Highway about 15-16km/L easily.

Oh I think it's been shared before but if you want to save more fuel, strip the car down to be as light as possible. Drive smoothly and maintain a throttle point where it's not too high and not too low, usually below 3k RPM. The boring range.

Bg2719

Mar 25, 2017
Selangor
21.7km/L is hybrid territory. Impossible to achieve on real roads in a Myvi.

16-17km/L is possible with a Myvi 1.5 manual as a friend of mine regularly achieves that and he's not exactly slow either. The trick is not light feet, it's smooth driving with minimal variances in your gas pedal.

My Sylphy if I were to rev 3k RPM and maintain the 150km/h speed all the way to JB from KL, I'd get a pretty good FC of 14km/L which isn't much but for a large saloon with a 2.0L engine it's not bad. However in city since it's most of the time stop-go traffic and inconsistent throttle best I get is 10km/L and worst 8km/L. If I maintain 110km/h from KL to JB I'd die of boredom first then get an incredible 16km/L in the Sylphy. My auto Myvi's concept is similar. City driving usually 12-14km/L. Highway about 15-16km/L easily.

Oh I think it's been shared before but if you want to save more fuel, strip the car down to be as light as possible. Drive smoothly and maintain a throttle point where it's not too high and not too low, usually below 3k RPM. The boring range.
Thank u so much. I think it should be good la. I asked a friend of mine who is using a 1.5 auto and he said that the car gives him almost 600km for a full tank. but his piping modded la. so i can assume manual might give somewhere around that figure if driven properly. hahaha

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
TS, no offence. Why still go for myvi 1.5 since you edi have a 1.3. Go for other and better car such as honda city or toyota vios. These cars are quite fuel efficiency.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
TS, no offence. Why still go for myvi 1.5 since you edi have a 1.3. Go for other and better car such as honda city or toyota vios. These cars are quite fuel efficiency.
This is true.

The 'god car' Toyota Vios is more comfortable than the Myvi and has almost as good FC

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
am driving stock myvi icon 1.5 for 2 yrs now.
average driving on road, no highway in melaka. FC is 13.3 km/l. considering it normal as melaka has lots of traffic lights in less than a KM. already light footed.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
4G15 Auto 3 Speed - Heavy Footer, Usually cruise 4.5krpm at 130km/h = RM30 for 100km

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
This is true.

The 'god car' Toyota Vios is more comfortable than the Myvi and has almost as good FC
The thing is, Myvi 1.5 manual is selling for 50k while Vios J manual starts at 76k. RM26k difference is quite a lot of money. The amount saved between Vios and Myvi's monthly installment is probably enough to pay for some of the petrol bill.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
This is true.

Easily on par in terms of FC, 1.5L Vios vs 1.3L Myvi. That's why I say the 1.5L Myvi isn't that much more, driving style makes more of a difference than the 200cc displacement.

Bg2719

Mar 25, 2017
Selangor
The thing is, Myvi 1.5 manual is selling for 50k while Vios J manual starts at 76k. RM26k difference is quite a lot of money. The amount saved between Vios and Myvi's monthly installment is probably enough to pay for some of the petrol bill.
This is the reason why I'm getting a myvi than a vios. The thing is, I've already used the 1.3 auto myvi so I wanna get the 1.5 manual as a change.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This is the reason why I'm getting a myvi than a vios. The thing is, I've already used the 1.3 auto myvi so I wanna get the 1.5 manual as a change.
After so many years with auto, you think can handle manual, especially in city jam?:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why don't you just stick with the 1.3 auto Myvi? No point getting into debt again. Save the money and can buy something better like a Honda City or god forbid a Kia Cerato.

The 1.5L Myvi is still a Myvi....

Bg2719

Mar 25, 2017
Selangor
Why don't you just stick with the 1.3 auto Myvi? No point getting into debt again. Save the money and can buy something better like a Honda City or god forbid a Kia Cerato.

The 1.5L Myvi is still a Myvi....
I'm seeing the budget la actually. I do have a 2014 City and a cerato at home actually hahaha. Pretty good cars. Cerato is kind of high maintenance in terms of service but the comfort and tech is really good. I find Myvi the perfect car to suit my preferences la so that's why

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Car : Perdana
The Engine : Evo 3

The synchronizer on my gb for 5th and reverse gear is totally screwed. the premature symptom was that the 5th gear disengages when accelerator is released while driving. now even the reverse gear wont engage at times. engaging the reverse gear becomes more of a luck. i have a VR4 gb ready but i need some help from the sifus on the options i have.

Question 1:
i heard before that a VR4 gb can be mounted nicely on to an evo 3 engine. is this true...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience