Gauging interest on plasti dip

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Gauging Interest : Which Plasti Dip Color Would You Prefer And What Would You Dip?

• Blaze Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Blaze Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze Orange

• Blaze Pink

• Blaze Purple

• Blaze Yellow

• Base White

• Base Red

• Base Black

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Smoke!

• Gun Metal

• Camo Black

• Camo Brown

• Camo Tan

• Camo Green

• Total voters
Hey PocRoc,

Do you think I can use this to spray?

-font-b-Car-b-font-watering-can-font-b-sprayer-b-font-water-bottle-watering.jpg

Why you need a sprayer if you use aerosol can?:hmmmm:

Just spray my trunk lid in Grey... and yesterday sent it for car wash with high pressure jet, the plasti dip still intact

Attachments

• 20130302_133455.jpg
    20130302_133455.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Why you need a sprayer if you use aerosol can?:hmmmm:

i think he wants a color that dont have can type in malaysia. like i wanted yellow

I want to by Xylene, mix with the dip (can variant) and spray on my own. The aerosol spray can will be for other smaller projects. If I can use this pressure pump spray then it'll be worthwhile since I can't afford a air compressor.

I think I'm going to try it. Worst case scenario is it won't work and spoils a RM15 pressure spray. And waste a bit of dip.

Izso i think the spray pattern wouldnt be the same as the spray can. but that being said if water is pressurised inside the spray bottle it will will give the mist that is similar to spray can mist (to my naked eye). I'm not sure how thick is the dip + xylene mix, if it is thicker it will be a problem to get thru the spray nozzle.

Izso i think the spray pattern wouldnt be the same as the spray can. but that being said if water is pressurised inside the spray bottle it will will give the mist that is similar to spray can mist (to my naked eye). I'm not sure how thick is the dip + xylene mix, if it is thicker it will be a problem to get thru the spray nozzle.

Only one way to find out! :biggrin:

izso..cannot la. the spray pattern is different. u need a very fine spray pattern.....

i think he wants a color that dont have can type in malaysia. like i wanted yellow

Where you would like to dip with Yellow? Interesting...

If you need more than a aerosol can, then you let me know
I have black, blue, brown, yellow, Green, white, fl. green, gray and fl. yellow in gallon

Errr...those spray...aren't those used by anti pest company to spray on corners? I don't think it is strong enough to give an even and fine vapor..you might get very uneven surface. Even using the aerosol plastidip, it is not as good as high pressure spray gun. A big gamble here Izso.

I want to by Xylene, mix with the dip (can variant) and spray on my own. The aerosol spray can will be for other smaller projects. If I can use this pressure pump spray then it'll be worthwhile since I can't afford a air compressor.

I think I'm going to try it. Worst case scenario is it won't work and spoils a RM15 pressure spray. And waste a bit of dip.

Xylene is not the right agent to dilute with the Plasti Dip. The recommended thinners are Toluene (is banned) or VM&P Naptha.

The pressure from the sprayer is insufficient to push out the plasti dip, eventually it will clog the nozzle.

I have black, blue, brown, yellow, Green, white, fl. green, gray and fl. yellow in gallon

Where on earth did you manage to buy so many colours in the gallons?

Xylene is not the right agent to dilute with the Plasti Dip. The recommended thinners are Toluene (is banned) or VM&P Naptha.

The pressure from the sprayer is insufficient to push out the plasti dip, eventually it will clog the nozzle.

Ok ok.. a lot of people have mentioned it's a bad idea. Got it. If Toluene is banned, where to get VM&P Naptha? A member here has successfully used Xylene as a diluter.

Hey PocRoc,

Do you think I can use this to spray?

-font-b-Car-b-font-watering-can-font-b-sprayer-b-font-water-bottle-watering.jpg
Not a good idea bro, the pressure in that spray wont be consistent if u spray water out of it eventually the amount of spray will lessen throughout the process then I dunno how many times u need to pump that thing :rofl:

Get a Lightweight Pressure Spray Gun, only cost RM150+- made from China. Can't get the same
one as Fonzie's but that's the only one I found available on the net. At least something better
than the spray you suggested bro.

Just spray my trunk lid in Grey... and yesterday sent it for car wash with high pressure jet, the plasti dip still intact

High pressure jet car wash wont be a problem, just cant use microfibre cloth on plastidip.
They use Rubberized cloth but I think the only one we can try is the chamois which is something
I think can be replace by, since i dont see any rubberized cloth around. Yet to try, will try soon.

I have tried using microfibre cloth on plastidip, some of the cloth bits sticking on to it and
somehow it caused some tear on the dip at the edges. Is like rubbing the dip out with our fingers.

:listen: But already advised by a friend not to use microfibre. :biggrin: nothing like trying out
yourself and see :biggrin:

Btw, how did u get so many gallons? I asked before they refused to ship it over.

Not just the colour bro, spraying whole car using spray can is not gonna be easy and the results
wont be as good as using a Pressure Spray Gun.

Microfiber cloth is not an good idea to wipe on the plasti dip. I use compressed air at the car wash to blow the water away :biggrin:

I didn't buy a lot but just few colours to try it out.:aetsch:

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Not just the colour bro, spraying whole car using spray can is not gonna be easy and the results
wont be as good as using a Pressure Spray Gun.

Is true! They recommended HVLP spray gun. If possible get airless.

Every coat you spray make sure is WET and the surrounding is DUST FREE

Microfiber cloth is not an good idea to wipe on the plasti dip. I use compressed air at the car wash to blow the water away :biggrin:

I didn't buy a lot but just few colours to try it out.:aetsch:

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Is true! They recommended HVLP spray gun. If possible get airless.

Every coat you spray make sure is WET and the surrounding is DUST FREE

Any lubang to share how to get them in Gallons? Cuz they dont sell it anywhere and they wont ship it here from US since is not legal to do so and is chemicals.

Ya, I send my car to car wash and told them not to wipe or wash that area. Use the compressed air gun :rofl:

I wish I had that air gun at home :rofl:

Alan - Ace in mv has the yellow dip. per can is RM50+

Izso - I guess you got your answer =P Ideally you should get a spray gun and a compressor. But BH also complain after the project its super F to clean...

SF - My guess is you need to bang the wall to feel the pain ;)

Issb - How did you get those gallons in? The consistency of a spray can has more color than of the dip that is diluted. Just have to spray more layers. They also have the sprayable gallon.

well im planning to paint my whole car bro.. Matt yellow

Top Bottom