Dyno'ed the R33 GTR - Dyno Sheet, Pictures & Videos Inside

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Loki

Known Member
167168_484886106794_695361794_6074146_6297205_n.jpg

Dyno'ed my 1997 BCNR33 at N1 Racing's Dynojet rig on the 8th of January 2011.

For a 13 year old car with her stock RB26DETT internals and turbos, shes putting out approximately 347.25 whp and 42.68 torque at the wheel. The car was pushing 1.25 bar of boost at 7500 rpm.

The only performance mods that were on my car are as follows:

- Kakimoto Racing Full Mega N1 exhaust
- Trust downpipe
- Tomei Type L Fuel Regulator
- Tomei Fuel Pump (Output 590PS 276 L/h)
- HKS oil cooler
- Custom de-cat pipe
- Custom intercooler
- Apexi induction kit
- Apexi PFC with boost control

Quite happy with the dyno results.

For the full mod list and upgrade diary of the car, head on over to my blog at http://whatadrive.blogspot.com/.

Here are some pics and vids I took of the car while it was being dynoed.

IMG00627-20110108-1747-1.jpg

IMG00630-20110108-1753-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one bro! That's a healthy dose of power.

Thanks bro :proud:.

Max torque was at 3,800 rpm with 50% torque from 2500rpm. Thought it was nicely balanced and the AFR is good too. Boost was very stable.

Hmm nice! That means the engine power is almost 500HP, right? Is the car for sale? :D

nice figures, I happened to see your car at the Tai Soon tyre shop in Batu Caves couple of months back, i suppose when you're putting on the RE30s,

I must say it is very immaculate

Everyone: Thanks for the kind words guys :). Yes, the dyno sheet tells the whole story and credit goes to my tuner. We spent quite a good deal of time on MEX highway, road tuning the car, before hitting the dyno later that day.

Tom: Cheers mate. I saw your car too by the way. I believe someone was installing a top front strut brace into the MCS' engine bay. Always a head turner that car.

IMG00590-20101113-1730.jpg

IMG00591-20101113-1732-1.jpg

Last edited:
Stock engine and turbos with that figure is impressive mate. Hope others could share their as well :)

Stock engine and turbos with that figure is impressive mate. Hope others could share their as well :)

Not only the power figures, but the delivery as well..

J, ur using stock 33 or 34 turbos mate? Are they still with ceramic fins?

Ceramic fins spool so much faster but some say they don't do too well during prolonged boost above 1 bar..

My Nismo turbos are steel finned, very lazy to spool up.. Though now thinking of putting slightly more boost to see how much I could get hehehe..

What fuel is the car tuned on?

The dyno chart shows lenient power delivery and good for a stock engine setup, however, I would opt to go for a slightly richer AFR consider the crappy quality of fuel we're getting here, especially with a Power FC that doesn't do knock compensation. And yes, 1.25bar is pushing the ceramic turbines in the long run. It would be good to have some sort of boost cut to preserve them in case of overboosting, if you plan to keep them in the long run, which I suppose you don't. ;)

Good luck with the car mate. R33GTR is a gem.

Temujin: Stock R34 turbos, dude (previous owner's doing). So they are ceramic.

datsun & Tomiya: Good to see that Max is getting due recognition ;).

MrNismo: Yoong, per your questions - the car is running on 97 ron and the boost cut was set at 12.5 bar. I've also been shifting before 6500 rpm (in fact, the dyno was the only time that rev meter needle got anywhere near 7500). As for keeping the stock turbos and cams.... :)

The next upgrades (that I've already gathered in KL) are as follows:

- HKS GT-SS turbos (Turbo Kit - GT-SS - GTR)
- HKS stainless steel turbo elbows (HKS - Extension Kit - GTR)
- Nismo Repair Gasket Kit - t=1.2 Head Gasket + Gasket Set
- Tomei Pon Camshafts + Pulley Set (BCNR33 RB26DETT Duration IN 260, EX 252, Lift 9.15
- Power Enterprise 700cc fuel injectors - Top, Low Impedance, 1 Hole, Time 0.65msec 63500 (6 X 700cc)
- Bosch Z32 AFMs

For the full list of what has been installed on the car thus far, head on over to my blog at http://whatadrive.blogspot.com/.

Debating as to whether to do an engine rebuild before installing these (although most have already been installed per the following picture):

BCNR33partsfromAussie.jpg

Last edited:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom