[WTA] what is this box ? found on viva 850cc engine bay

navz

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ipoh
I dunno how to explain well so i include pictures for my question..

This is the box that i mention..

the red round mark is the join with red round upper picture.

thx...im guessing this is oem fuel regulator..but im not sure..hope anyone here can share with me..thx

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
its the fuel vapour container, when it has contained enough pressure in the canister, it will channel the vapour into the throttle for combustion. a method to further save fuel

navz

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ipoh
sifu... can i disable it and take it out..replace with adjustable fuel regulator..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
DO NOT take it out, u can simply add an adjustable fuel pressure regulator witout taking the unit out sir. err, what have u done dat makes u think u need an APFR anyway?

navz

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ipoh
sry do u mean canister = fuel tank ?

currently..i already install afpr(for turbo purpose)..they performance shop kinda disable it already..but the vacumm hose still attach at the box[fuel vapour container]..they let the hose to the fuel tank not connected to the fuel tank[same like the 4th picture i uploaded..because..they use 5th picture i marked to do the afpr return line..they take out this thing(pls see below picture) from fuel tank and do the return line there..cuz viva dont have return line(they also modify my fuel rail in order to install afpr.and i use it for 5 month..1 day..my afpr become like this(pls watch below video)..i asked at zth forum before this..all said its fuel pump problem..i already change..it wasnt solve..so i just bot my car..so now i just feeling not ok with my afpr reading like that..so i tot disable this box MAYBE solve my problem..

plus : before this..when i want to fill fuel in my tank..when i open the fuel cap..i feel some pressure when i open it..now there is no more pressure when i open the fuel cap

ps: now i totally diy my car since i bot myself..never send to any shop anymore..

YouTube - viva fuel pressure dropping

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
disabling the box (box=canister=container, canister isnt fuel tank fyi) wud not solve ur problem sir, are u still using the original ecu? have u rewired the power supply to the pump? if u havent for both, please pm for more detail, tq sir

navz

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ipoh
im using works fpr..already send the fpr for waranty..got brand new 1 but still the same...meter also changed..still the same..

xtreameleo ugpm

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
as my reply for ur pm, its not a pump issue, nor it is an issue with the fpr sir

navz

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ipoh
true..already change pump..and uninstall the black box..still fpr reading the same..omg

snoop-pie

Nov 9, 2006
if im not mistaken, viva, kelisa, myvi have no original fpr, there's is no return line. so there must be a bleed valve inside the fuel tank mounted near the pump. when u want to rise up the pressure by tightening your WORK fpr, the xtra pressure will bleed back into the tank. u need to disable the bleed valve 1st( IF U HAVENT DONE THAT) just my 2 cent

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
what he said above is correct,need to do a T,one hose is from the fuel pump,the other one to the fuel fail and the other one for fuel return to the tank.
charcoal canister wouldnt do any harm as ive took it of from my sr20det.just menyemak in the engine bay.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Getting dumped is not the best feeling and there's little you can do that will help you feel better quick. Sure they say that time heals all wounds, but I say why wait? Here's a story about a man who did everything for his woman, sold his business, sold some of his cars, bought her a diamond ring and a house in a upscale neighborhood, and then she left him.

Some would just crumble under the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience