WTA: Suitable lube for 4G63T?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
What is the suitable lube for this engine? Someone told me fully synthetic lube isn't suitable because the vecosity is too low... is it true? Currently using Mobil1.

Mitsubishi strictly recommends using fully synthetic oil that conforms to API class SL or SL/CF.do not use any mineral/petroleum based lubricants as this will cause damage to Turbocharger and Engine damage.n please dont mix synthetic oil with mineral oil.

hope this info helps you.

thanks for the reply bro.

does it mean I can use any other synthatic lube regardless it's vecosity? so Mobil1 or Shell Helix Ultra is good then.

recommended SAE20w40.maybe someone else could help out here.what is the best brands out there? I use Mobil 1 also.

if you don't go to track and your car is a daily driver, 15-50w semi is good enough for your car. i'm using 15-50w motul synergy semi synthetic now. RM 200 for the oil, oil filter and workmanship. :)

Last edited:
THE BEST 1 ... MOTUL 300V COMPETTION 15W 50....
............................................:biggrin:

mizunori77, u own both N16 and Evo eh? hehehehe...

thanks for the replys guys.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

wht if lower 15W/50? no good?

wht if lower 15W/50? no good?

i was told that the 4g63t shouldn't use too low viscosity type of oil as our engine consumes quite a bit of engine oil and often, we have to top up before the next service. i just follow their advice only :wavey:

wtf, increase again?..not long ago baru increase nia, now increase somemore..i used motul oils few times and i find the price is over price compare to other brands..haha

believe or not is all upz to individual......ha ha ...u said Motul over price but still using ???
USe lar Bradhil...is the cheapest F-Syn in the Mkt....

I still have Shell Ultra 10W/40 and Mobil 1 15W/50. I'll ignore the W as it's for winter. So I'll keep the Ultra for my N16 and use Mobil 1 for my 4G63T. Will change it this weekend.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

believe or not is all upz to individual......ha ha ...u said Motul over price but still using ???

I use Bradahl mineral oil for my Wira 1.3GLi and honestly, tho the price is Rm32 per 4 liter, it's pretty good. In fact, in par with Shell Helix mineral oil.

No la, stopped using motul long time liao lo..

im using shell helix ultra...seems to be fine..
but im looking for something cheaper coz track days i change oil very fast...

anyone have any ideas???

can i use semi syn for track day..then after that change to fully syn after track day...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom