WTA - refurbish handbrake cable

fadlie

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
Hye all

Just wanna ask if any of you know where can i refurbish a handbrake cable? I have a kancil with rear discbrake, but now its time to replace the cable. I cant source any brand new handbrake cable or any model that have close design to mine.
Thinking if there any workshop or machine shop dat can replace new cable using the old casing.... Tq...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
huh?? The kancil car?? so popular in malaysia......and still cannot find new cables?? Sure or not bro??

fadlie

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
Don't surprise bro, most owner dont even care bout their parking brake. I haven't found people ask, selling or buying their rear disc brake cable...
They even don't know how to get brand new L5 front and rear disc rotor.....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
have you asked spare parts shop? So many in KL, right?
or if you are picky about quality and assurance, go perodua SS.
Brake cables are common items that subject to wear and tear, not like ecu, etc.

BTW, is your cable/brakes been modified? or standard?

fadlie

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
Not a standart rear drum, its for rear disc brake set from daihatsu mira L5....thats why its hard to get the cable....Lucky the rear disc brake pads have same design lije mazda BG/Familia 323, if not rear pads also hard to find....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
daihatsu mira L5 isnt hard to find, esp brakes parts. They are quite common as many ppl are playing with it.

However, it would be a problem if you are unwilling to pay for it.

Reminds me of my fren who play/mod his Wira with Evo 2 parts.
However, he only pay the Mitsu EVO parts the same as price of Proton parts. How la wei?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys... anyone know whether this aveo bodykit is available in Msia ?? especially JB and KL??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience