WTA : Evo 7

sil80

Hi guys,

i'm considering getting an evo 7 and would like to check if anyone knows the history of this car. Its a black evo 7 bearing no. plate BDA 19. It looks reasonably stock externally and internally.

would like to know if its a de-moded car? anything that I should know of about this car?

Thanks guys.Looking forward to being a member here. :)

erm..one tips i can give..

try to see on the brembo caliper, it should be red in color..if the car u going to buy, the color has some changes into slightly pink colour, it can means that the pre-owner had a hard driving (hard breaking) before selling it..

hope my info helps..

ops... mine edi pinkish colour... but so far so good... to me, after so many yrs, its quite normal for the colour to b faded la....

Well to solve the issue of colour fading,there are people who powder coat the stock caliper,rebuilt them with rebuilt kit and apply new script to the caliper to make it look factory fresh again
Will dig up some example for poison purpose tomorrow:proud:

Hi guys,

i'm considering getting an evo 7 and would like to check if anyone knows the history of this car. Its a black evo 7 bearing no. plate BDA 19. It looks reasonably stock externally and internally.

would like to know if its a de-moded car? anything that I should know of about this car?

Thanks guys.Looking forward to being a member here. :)

Sil80.. bring along ur mechanic to help u test the car as well.. Most important.. the AYC is working properly(check the ACD light, make sure is only "on" 1 light), gear box is smooth, no oil leaking, and check the service record frm previous owner... of coz alot more.. but these are the basic.. others still depend on ur mechanic advise after he test drive.. Enjoy.... :biggrin:

thx for the advice guys.

indeed the callipers are pinkish.. its fine wif me, more of an excuse to go for 6pots

and i'll definately bring it to a mechanic.

Pinkish calipers can also be caused by brake fluid... sometimes after a bleed the mech did not wash or wipe down the caliper so the brake fluid cause the calipers to go pink...

thx for the advice guys.

indeed the callipers are pinkish.. its fine wif me, more of an excuse to go for 6pots

and i'll definately bring it to a mechanic.

It's perfectly normal for the caliper to turn pink
Just powder coat and rebuild them will do:biggrin:
Benefit of going to 6 pot is not that big unless you race your car