Wira issues

CA18DETT

Mar 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ok.how much cost to replace the roof ? Any wira 1.8 owners here ? Mind to share, All club sites has been down.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Ok.how much cost to replace the roof ? Any wira 1.8 owners here ? Mind to share, All club sites has been down.
AFAIK, there's no difference between a c99 or a normal wira's roof. I replaced mine many years ago. Cant remember the price now. The price of the roof itself should be fairly static. Just the cost of labor that's hard to factor. Best get a quote from a few shops. A word of caution though. They will use a hand grinder to remove the old roof & then weld in the new unit. Better find someone with reliable skills.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hi anyone still owning wira c99 here ? Still stock ? How to fix rust and roof bubble rust issues.
I owned a normal 1.5 Wira year 1999. My roof suffered the rust bubble issue before and I got it fixed in May 2015 by using the grinding method and resprayed back the roof with paint. It is not the best method compared to replacing the roof with a new one but so far, the rust problem hasn't come back yet.

What other rust problems have you suffered? Mine suffered from rust bubbles on hood, bonnet and both front doors. The hood I have replaced it with a new one while the bonnet and doors rust is still there. Haven't fixed those yet.

CA18DETT

Mar 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i heard wira starting year mid 2001(siemens vdo ecu batch ) or 2002 onwards this bubble rust issues has been tackled. issit true?

Last edited:

CA18DETT

Mar 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I owned a normal 1.5 Wira year 1999. My roof suffered the rust bubble issue before and I got it fixed in May 2015 by using the grinding method and resprayed back the roof with paint. It is not the best method compared to replacing the roof with a new one but so far, the rust problem hasn't come back yet.

What other rust problems have you suffered? Mine suffered from rust bubbles on hood, bonnet and both front doors. The hood I have replaced it with a new one while the bonnet and doors rust is still there. Haven't fixed those yet.
Are you still owning the wira currently?

ah well, my wira suffered front hood 3 tiny bubble rust, rear left door big bubble spot rust, and the rear hood it's rusting stains below the under hood. for the roof a 3 bubble spots on the middle and the rear end roof is the worst which has 4 spots that is causing to water leaking it in. oh ya.for the rear spare tyre there are 3 bubble spots and 1 hole..sad that part has to get it fixed badly.

The most worst big hole is the battery tray compartment left side below rusted badly. Other people say that roof, door body panel ,spare tyre rear boot compartment areas and engine wall is the main thing to be taken care first. I guess fixing it gonna cost a bomb .since now changing another auto gearbox from halfcut. For rest is bushes,suspension,oil seals,rubbers,o ring,check and fix engine oil leaking issues first. total lump sump bill can buy another wira. That no included fixing body & paint yet.

Last edited:

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur

ah well, my wira suffered front hood 3 tiny bubble rust, rear left door big bubble spot rust, and the rear hood it's rusting stains below the under hood. for the roof a 3 bubble spots on the middle and the rear end roof is the worst which has 4 spots that is causing to water leaking it in. oh ya.for the rear spare tyre there are 3 bubble spots and 1 hole..sad that part has to get it fixed badly.

The most worst big hole is the battery tray compartment left side below rusted badly. Other people say that roof, door body panel ,spare tyre rear boot compartment areas and engine wall is the main thing to be taken care first. I guess fixing it gonna cost a bomb .since now changing another auto gearbox from halfcut. For rest is bushes,suspension,oil seals,rubbers,o ring,check and fix engine oil leaking issues first. total lump sump bill can buy another wira. That no included fixing body & paint yet.
Battery compartment tray rust can be prevented by careful monitoring, it is caused by battery acid spilling or sulphation powder . Prevent both of these you wont get rust at that area. For now just sand off as much rust as possible, wipe it all off with a wet cloth, then wipe dry, then apply hammerite rust stop. Lastly just grab a spray paint can and spray the affected area.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

My ex wira also did that. Grind down to bare metal inside and outside, anti rust and respray but 6 to 8 months later they pop out again.....:banghead:Anyway, sold the car already.....:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Rust was one of wira's biggest problem...:bawling:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Yes. Still owning the car.

My rust problems so far just affected external body parts. Inner parts nothing yet thankfully.

My ex wira also did that. Grind down to bare metal inside and outside, anti rust and respray but 6 to 8 months later they pop out again.....:banghead:Anyway, sold the car already.....:driver:
Yours somehow is like unlucky batch.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes. Still owning the car.

My rust problems so far just affected external body parts. Inner parts nothing yet thankfully.

Yours somehow is like unlucky batch.
Actually thought mine escape the rust problem. Many within 2 years already pop out. Mine I bought second hand already 4 years old from mechnic's brother. Rust came after 2 years of use meaning total 6 years before the rust pop out.....:bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need u guys help urgently, i just bought a control panel and something look like a relay or resistance.its from lancer. only this two item, i heard can just plug n play to existing satria dashboard. if can install, which button cannot be use from the control panel? how much is the cost to install it? recommend me a mechanic pls. my phone num 013-3973088.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience