Wira absorber

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
hi, everyone..im looking to change my absorbers..looking for performance, and not into comfort..so, should i get the adjustables?which brand should i go for?the ride is wira a/b 1.5 SE..Budget is around 1k..What else should i take into considerations when im changing my abs?n im not interested in lowering my car, i want the same level of gap between the fender and the tyre. Im still a noobie in this topic, so my questions may not make sense to u. Please explain to me if theres anything wrong in my post.TQ in advance. :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
the budget is rather low for performance usage, even for halfcut item.

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
owh...ok then...how much would it cost to get a performance absorber?and what kind of absorber can i get under that budget? :driver:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
1k budget can go for taiwan/gombak made Mine's hilo body shift coilovers. I'm using those on my wira sedan at the moment. Got it from Sato Auto Acc at Puchong for RM830 with GST. Installed it last Saturday. Since you're not looking for comfort, I guess this will work fine for you. No need to compress the spring to adjust the height coz you have the body shift function. Preload can be set accordingly as well without messing with the height. So far handling is good except for minor bounce on uneven road when driving more than 110kmj. But I think it's due to the suspension still new and haven't really set in yet. Pictures attached are my ride after installation. I set it a bit higher yesterday coz it's too low for me.

Anyway, you can check out their ad on mudah here - http://www.mudah.my/Gab+Waja+Gen2+Wira+Persona+Adjustable+SoftHard-44266094.htm
They have other outlets as well.

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For 1k budget, an alternative to coilovers is to go PRS and have them reinject or adjust your stock absorbers to be stiffer. That'll be roughtly RM230 an absorber and they mod it, it'll be serviceable

Alternatively for that kinda budget, you can afford to buy the HWL ones with a bit of a topup or just buy the hi/lo suspension which in the long run isn't really too beneficial. Just make sure it has bodyshift.

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
1k budget can go for taiwan/gombak made Mine's hilo body shift coilovers. I'm using those on my wira sedan at the moment. Got it from Sato Auto Acc at Puchong for RM830 with GST. Installed it last Saturday. Since you're not looking for comfort, I guess this will work fine for you. No need to compress the spring to adjust the height coz you have the body shift function. Preload can be set accordingly as well without messing with the height. So far handling is good except for minor bounce on uneven road when driving more than 110kmj. But I think it's due to the suspension still new and haven't really set in yet. Pictures attached are my ride after installation. I set it a bit higher yesterday coz it's too low for me.

Anyway, you can check out their ad on mudah here - http://www.mudah.my/Gab+Waja+Gen2+Wira+Persona+Adjustable+SoftHard-44266094.htm
They have other outlets as well.
Mine's are the same brand as GAB series?? cause the link u posted redirected to GAB post in mudah...Whats preload?What else should i look through when im changing my abs??cause i researched and found that i must check whether the shocks can be serviced or not, n so on...Are these shocks serviceable?:itsme:

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

For 1k budget, an alternative to coilovers is to go PRS and have them reinject or adjust your stock absorbers to be stiffer. That'll be roughtly RM230 an absorber and they mod it, it'll be serviceable

Alternatively for that kinda budget, you can afford to buy the HWL ones with a bit of a topup or just buy the hi/lo suspension which in the long run isn't really too beneficial. Just make sure it has bodyshift.
Whats PRS?:confused: Whats the difference between HWL and hi/lo suspension? I cant understand this part "HWL ones with a bit of a topup or just buy the hi/lo suspension"..Y the hi/lo suspension isnt beneficial?HWL or the hi/lo suspension can be serviced? :wavey:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Mine's are the same brand as GAB series?? cause the link u posted redirected to GAB post in mudah...Whats preload?What else should i look through when im changing my abs??cause i researched and found that i must check whether the shocks can be serviced or not, n so on...Are these shocks serviceable?:itsme:

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Whats PRS?:confused: Whats the difference between HWL and hi/lo suspension? I cant understand this part "HWL ones with a bit of a topup or just buy the hi/lo suspension"..Y the hi/lo suspension isnt beneficial?HWL or the hi/lo suspension can be serviced? :wavey:
PRS, HWL are brands

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
It's from the same company that distribute GAB here. Mudah link just for your reference to contact the number and ask for price. Then go to their shop and choose. My friend who did the installation said the coilovers can't be service but they really perform well and have 1 year warranty. As long as you don't go drive rally and hit all potholes in KL. :biggrin: Also, adjustable absorber servicing is quite pricey.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Having serviceable dampers are so much better. You can service and rebuilt when it has gone soft, leaking and so on, if not serviceable you need to buy new ones

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
PRS is a brand. https://www.facebook.com/PRS-Trading-Sdn-Bhd-398844246797143/

They customize suspension (and have their own coilovers as well) to suite the drivers requirements. Once they customize, it's serviceable. Price is comparative if not cheaper than buying coilovers.

HWL is another suspension brand. Adjustable suspension consists primarily of 2 types :

- High/low (can adjust height)
- High/low/soft/hard (can adjust height and damping rate)

You want stiff suspension then get coilovers. But since your budget is low consider customizing your stock suspension (PRS does that). If you get coilovers get the fully adjustable one (h/l/s/h) because high/low adjustability is quite limited and you'll get tired of the bumpiness after a while. It'll also affect how fast you'll go when driving on the highway. Overly stiff and you'll float a lot.

Not to mention your Wira will develop a lot of new squeaky and rattling noises if the suspension is overly stiff.

If it's cornering performance you want, consider a stiff anti-roll bar (front and back) instead. If it's suspension height you want then get coilovers. If it's stance and posing you want... you're in the wrong forum. :biggrin:

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
It's from the same company that distribute GAB here. Mudah link just for your reference to contact the number and ask for price. Then go to their shop and choose. My friend who did the installation said the coilovers can't be service but they really perform well and have 1 year warranty. As long as you don't go drive rally and hit all potholes in KL. :biggrin: Also, adjustable absorber servicing is quite pricey.
Will check it out bro. TQ very much.. :wavey:

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

PRS is a brand. https://www.facebook.com/PRS-Trading-Sdn-Bhd-398844246797143/

They customize suspension (and have their own coilovers as well) to suite the drivers requirements. Once they customize, it's serviceable. Price is comparative if not cheaper than buying coilovers.

HWL is another suspension brand. Adjustable suspension consists primarily of 2 types :

- High/low (can adjust height)
- High/low/soft/hard (can adjust height and damping rate)

You want stiff suspension then get coilovers. But since your budget is low consider customizing your stock suspension (PRS does that). If you get coilovers get the fully adjustable one (h/l/s/h) because high/low adjustability is quite limited and you'll get tired of the bumpiness after a while. It'll also affect how fast you'll go when driving on the highway. Overly stiff and you'll float a lot.

Not to mention your Wira will develop a lot of new squeaky and rattling noises if the suspension is overly stiff.

If it's cornering performance you want, consider a stiff anti-roll bar (front and back) instead. If it's suspension height you want then get coilovers. If it's stance and posing you want... you're in the wrong forum. :biggrin:
I am looking for cornering performance, and i am looking forward to change my suspension since i can hear some scraping noise when i corner..i think the fender made contact with the tyre..not sure though :confused: BTW, i never change the absorber since i got the car..I checked out the PRS absorbers..n i saw the shop is located at selangor..im from penang..so i dont think i could make it..so, ill try to find the HWL over here..Anything else i should be aware of apart from bodyshift and serviceability? :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am looking for cornering performance, and i am looking forward to change my suspension since i can hear some scraping noise when i corner..i think the fender made contact with the tyre..not sure though :confused: BTW, i never change the absorber since i got the car..I checked out the PRS absorbers..n i saw the shop is located at selangor..im from penang..so i dont think i could make it..so, ill try to find the HWL over here..Anything else i should be aware of apart from bodyshift and serviceability? :driver:
A super hard suspension on smooth track is good, but when used on our potholes filled and bumpy Malaysian road is not good, especially if you hit a bump in a fast corner, sure will over steer....:bawling:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
I would suggest go for PRS as Izso suggested, currently running HWL hilo soft hard on my satria... it feels different in hot and cold weather by that i mean in the cold weather you can feel that is noticeably stiffer/bouncier...

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
A super hard suspension on smooth track is good, but when used on our potholes filled and bumpy Malaysian road is not good, especially if you hit a bump in a fast corner, sure will over steer....:bawling:
Wont forget that... :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

I would suggest go for PRS as Izso suggested, currently running HWL hilo soft hard on my satria... it feels different in hot and cold weather by that i mean in the cold weather you can feel that is noticeably stiffer/bouncier...
Is there any other PRS outlet in malaysia?? :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all sifu,my car is a kelisa running on bot,few week ago i went to skimmed my piston 1 mm to lower down the compression,then after tat my rpm get as low as 800 and my car jerk,some people say after lower the compression is like tat and the timing lari already,now i have to adjust the throttle for highyer rpm during idling,can any sifu tell me why will this happen???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience