Wira 1.6 ECU

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
Hi,

I need to change my ECU unit cause it seems to be giving problems where the car jerks when accellerating. Throttle unit is fine. Does anyone know where exactly us the ECU (that controls the engine and gear box) located? Anyone has a recommended shop that sells original wira ECU?

Thanks.

LilKeV84

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
not very sure bout wira...but i think usually its located on the passenger kick panel. Try lifting the carpets there :)

price...dunno lah...but if really rosak oredi go chop-shop get mitsu ecu lor...surely much better than proton's (not sure urs is siemens or not...hehe)
but dun ask me about mitsu parts...i'm a honda :p sure got sifus here can explain to u 1

good luck! :)

LilKeV84

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
now i remembered oso...check the sensors...

sumtimes maybe the sensor(s) kaput liao... :)
but now that huakenny mentioned...it may not be the ecu oso lor...
send for checking lah... :)

d3s

500 RPM
May 1, 2005
KL
1.6 ECU ar?? how old u r car?? auto o manual??

Last edited:

yyap2

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
ur bro.. i also have de jerking when i accel..... wat u all mention de sensor kaput??? where de gear sensor located?? i also trying to fix tis... my car jerk when accel after when i drive for 30 min..... if i left it long then i drive it is ok..

routerzz

Known Member
May 1, 2005
my opinion is ECU is like a brain.. is Kaput.. engine wont be able to start lor...

try simple solution..
-clean inside distributor cap
-replace new standet spark plug
-remove battery for at least 12hours..

as this is simple one.. why dont u try first..
i always remove my battery more than 12hours every month..
the result after it might surprise you...

cheers..

not much cost... beware petrol price are going to increase...

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
Sorry, forgot to reply in here.

1) it is an auto car. The "check engine" is always on, and proton mechanics say they can't find the fault^^

2) The car is >10 years old. Auto (very troublesome). My car jerks only after travelling 1 hour +

3) I found the ECU, somewhere near the back of the radio. Got a replacement (RM250) from chop-shop. Still testing :)

4) huak : I don't see a "RESET" button on the ECU box.. Maybe i'll post a picture here.

5) Routerzz : I have changed the spark plugs (including cables), and the throttle. I don't see the reason of removing the battery for such a long period of time.

Anyone has a complete list of sensors in the wira?

Anyone knows where i can get a 1.8 turbo manual half-cut (evo or proton)? I can only find an auto half-cut.

Thanks.

Last edited:

LilKeV84

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
reseting the ecu is by removing the battery...(guess u can combine the 2 advice into 1 =P )
remove how long? its up to the ecu. proton if not mistaken bout 4 hours(test based...)...honda 10 mins - 1 hr.

could not find the fault? but they can plug in to the ecu and check the error code wert...

maybe it could be the fuel delivery. check the fuel lines...change the fuel filter...could be clogged...clean injectors...haha...last time my friend's car jerk...coz of not enuf fuel! =P

anyway...good luck on locating ur problem!

routerzz

Known Member
May 1, 2005
ECU has permanent memory and accessible memory...

disconnect battery is to make the ECU return to its factory setting .. that all.. if something wrong it will be a problem again..

as my car sound really smooth(almost like engine not running) every time i do like this.. just to share...

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
Ok. Problem solved. It was the ECU that was giving problems.. :)
thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

civic EH5 (local model)

just noticed my PS fluid are low and found out that my tie rod have leaks. what are possible solution?

p/s: i've replaced whole steering rack less than 2y ago

another question from pic below... do i need to replace bush? (outer tie rod)

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience