Which Voltage Stabilizer to use?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dear Sifus...

I want to ask... So many VS in the market.. All claim to have effect. But how to know which to use? For example, Pivot Raizin alone got purple, yellow, red, blue and grey... Some other brand they packaged it so small and they claim it is voltage stabilizer.

1. What is the difference? Which is better?
2. And how if we got a counterfeit, does it still work?
3. How do we know that the VS actually does its work and not just display what it wants?
4. For grounding cables, if we did not use originals, does it still work? Because products like Raizin and HKS got a lot of counterfeit...

Thank you!

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Bro, go and get ori. Any brand also can. But don't ever buy a counterfeit. Fake actually also can work like ori but after sometime, when ic is too hot it can suddenlly malfunction. It's different if u buy ori. For me, if for VS i'll choose pivot.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i would buy zaptor. bang for buck imho. used it before in my ex-kelisa and had no problems.

grounding cables? go jalan pasar and buy the cables and DIY la...just get the correct gauge.

at least DIY u can set the length urself and route it nicely... those ready made/ branded ones will have pre-cut length and ull most likely end up with a messier engine bay with wires going all over the place.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I agree that if you want reliability and performance go for genuine product. Counterfeits produce the almost exact appearance but internal components like ic, capacitors are questionable grade and quality.
Oh ya don't forget to do grounding at the same time when you add a good VS because you really need good cabling to carry all the needed currents beside stable voltage. Go for high quality grounding cable, those fake HKS, fake Pivot grounding cables I don't know what grade of wires. Who know? Good thing no cheap, cheap thing no good is true most of the time.
Talking of experience of using VS, imo it depends on car and its age. I first did a custom grounding on my 4G13 using thick good grade cable without VS and there was instant improvement in overall performance. After I am so accustomed and numb to it, I installed again a genuine Pivot Mega Raizin there I once again found a new world of happiness in term of lighter throttle and things like that, though I didn't go for dyno for get the figures.
Now I have already transferred the Mega Raizin to my new ride... waiting to do grounding.

Last edited:

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
or u just get DIY made VS,saw one at lowyat.net and it has a lot of big capacitor.
maybe u should give a try.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
a dyno proven voltage VS is not that cheap. and its not by the common name that we always hear or stumble like: hks, pivot, greddy etc...

take hot inazma for example..indeed pricey but dyno proven

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hmm... Thank you for the advice... But if that is the price range of originals, I cannot afford it. I'd most probably go for the cheap stuff... Example, I saw at marketplace, Pivot Raizin Pueple RM450.00. Here my place selling the exact one for RM145.00. Haha... Cannot la... Some more mine is not new car. And nto a lot of ICE and electrical stuff.

But can I just know, how to know whether it actually works or not. How to know that is if just not an empty box and they just put some weight inside and put fake terminals and call it VS? Even though I buy cheap one, at least I want it to work.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
diff cars has diff effects la bro....some say headlight brighter....some say ice better... my ex-kelisa had smoother idling.

so really depends....some cars might not even have any notiecable effects. so if u wanna go cheap, id highly recommend checking out the zaptor.

maxximuz

Oct 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi all sifu, something to ask abt VS, say if a car's voltage drop everytime the aircon compressor kick in, will VS help to eliminate this problem and maintain the voltage stability even when the aircon compressor kick in?

tq

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
so what would u guys say is the best brand for a voltage stabliser and grounding cables in regards to its performance only??

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
hi all sifu, something to ask abt VS, say if a car's voltage drop everytime the aircon compressor kick in, will VS help to eliminate this problem and maintain the voltage stability even when the aircon compressor kick in?

tq
so far no.
the voltage drop everytime the a/c compressor kicks is not a big problem. its normal.

maxximuz

Oct 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
so far no.
the voltage drop everytime the a/c compressor kicks is not a big problem. its normal.
Yes, I agreed that voltage drop when a/c compressor kicks in is not a big problem, what if it drop drastically below 12v? is this becoz my batt going to gone liao or is it my alternator ?

Reason I ask, becoz I noticed that I hv another car where when a/c compressor kick in, voltage will drop, but only drop to around 13.1 - 13.4 from 13.6+

thanks

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
oh...sorry..didn't know yours is a very low drop in voltage.

maybe alternator..
maybe the compressor itself

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sifu,

i planning to send my engine for full balancing but i don have any idea who and where to send it.I heard there is 1 in damansara but im not sure abt it. Any other recommend reputated machinery shop can do this in kl? how much would they charge?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience