which got better response?? lighten crank pulley or adjustable cam pulley?

mcdull

Sep 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I using 4g93 dohc. change lighten crank pulley better performance or adjustable cam pulley?? need 4g93 sifu guide for technical modification engine.

mcdull

Sep 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thx sky.. considering jasma l.c.pulley.. wats ur opinion.. wat car model n engine u using? mind to share info??

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
cam pulley any day :adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yup i stay at mines...but i rarely do for other ppl's car...usually for my own private motorsports job only :adore:

there's a lot of 4g93 tuner here in zth...surely u can buy parts+install with reasonable workmanship easily.. :driver:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
cheaper things 1st :biggrin:

coz our mods is limited to our money, right? :wink:

mcdull

Sep 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thx for all suggestion.. pomen gtr u mistakenn le.. not ask u change d parts, ask u minum when got free time lerr... anyway i'll oways be in cheras n pj area. Welcome to msg me 012-9444984.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I wouldn't bother with the cam pulley because ultimately your cam shafts are still stock. Stock most of the time works best with '0' settings (stock). Advancing or retarding stock cam shafts is like choosing what paint to spray your car. Not going to make any difference in performance but sure looks nice.

Crank pulley is a good investment but don't undersize by too much. Overly undersize will make you want to swap back to original if your car is a street car.

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I wouldn't bother with the cam pulley because ultimately your cam shafts are still stock. Stock most of the time works best with '0' settings (stock). Advancing or retarding stock cam shafts is like choosing what paint to spray your car. Not going to make any difference in performance but sure looks nice.

Crank pulley is a good investment but don't undersize by too much. Overly undersize will make you want to swap back to original if your car is a street car.
I read some article from Dinan BMW that said, undersized pulleys would affect the accesories (water pump, air con, wtv is attached to the crank pulley) at idling speeds.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

i agree that there's not much effect on SOHC....

but on DOHC car....they made a whole lot of different...

its like u have 2-3sets of stock camshaft from different engine spec. to play....

especially when u change the overlapping duration of both camshaft... :adore:

p/s:however stock setting still the best balance between fc and performance.... :driver:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
undersize pulley will spin ur accessories slower than original

meaning,

1. ur air-cond won't be as cool as b4
2. ur alternator will charge ur battery slower
3. water pump slower
4. power steering not very sure what will happen..

so, think b4 u undersize..

if same size, it's ok by me coz i'm using it :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yup..under size pulley only meant for racing to reduce drag from alternator and power steering pump...(also if got aircond surely aircond drag was less but compressor not enough speed=ac not cold) :biggrin:

if there any oversize pulley i'd choose that...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004

agree with this... no point changing cam pulleys if ur still running on stock cams.. coz the best is usually at 0

even avantech's 6xxwhp VTEC Turbo monster is running stock cam pulleys with the stock Type R cams..

get same size lightened crank pulley....u get improvement without worrying about accesories being affected. mytheology seems to be a popular choice

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The BRZ / 86 is in a little bit of a limbo these days. A brilliant coupe on one hand and a asthmatic child on the other. Although Toyobaru coupes are never known to be powerful nor fast within the sports car vocabulary, they make up for purity, soul and driveability. It defines the true meaning of a driver's car. That's why driving legends like Tengku Djan has an 86...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience