Which do you prefer, The Toyota 86 or Subaru BRZ?

Which do you prefer, The Toyota 86 or Subaru BRZ?

• Toyota 86

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Subaru BRZ

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • They're both the same, why bother?

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru

So it is confirmed that the Toyota 86 and the Subaru BRZ will be hitting the Malaysian roads anytime soon, and if some of you are still wondering, they are both basically just the same car. The Toyota 86/ Subaru BRZ is the outcome of both the manufacturers’ collaboration, where Subaru takes care of the vehicle’s engineering, development and production, while Toyota handles the styling and product planning. So maybe you could put the 86/BRZ as a Subaru wrapped in Toyota’s skin.

And do not be confused with Scion FR-S or the GT86 though as they are indeed, just the same Toyota 86. The Scion FR-S is what the guys in the U.S. call it and the GT86 is for the European market.

Since there is not much difference between these two RWD sports cars, which one do you prefer, or the one that you think will sell the most? Performance wise, they both house the same 2.0l, 200hp naturally aspirated Boxer engine, so no power difference between them.

External features? Well, from a distance, it is quite hard to tell which is which, as they share a pretty similar silhouette. But being up-close, each has their own distinctive features like a different bumper design. Or probably it will be the case of the car’s brand then?

The same poll has been done by the guys at autoblog, and it seems like the Subaru BRZ gets half of the overall vote, and the other half went almost evenly towards the 86 and looking at both of them as just the same car. So what does the guys here at Zerotohundred has to say?

Sources:
Subaru BRZ set for fourth quarter Malaysian launch – first impressions and full gallery from Singapore
In the Metal: Toyota GT 86 vs. Subaru BRZ [w/poll]
2013 Scion FR-S priced from $24,930 [UPDATE]

Attachments

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hard to define which category that this car falls into more. I think it has equal doses of each brand's signature wonders. From toyota, it got the genes of the legendary 2 door, superb handling FR drift machine. From subaru, the infamous boxer!

But as for me, I'll chose toyota because I drive one.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
In Malaysia, there're more toyota owners than subaru owners..

so, the vote should be more to toyota.. from my prediction..

i could be wrong :wink:

Hey.. where to vote? :confused:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
since the engine was the infamous boxer...subaru definately still gets my vote....then BOT for the infamous boxer throbb throbbb throbbb signature sound.... :driver:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
quite a shocking result..

toyota 14
subaru 15

do u guyz know any subaru service center in Malaysia?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
i trust toyota to continue the hachi legacy...since they started it hehe

i prefer the looks of the brz, tho

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda's all new City arrives Malaysia with fresh 121ps 1.5L DOHC I-VTEC engines, including the hero car, a world's first, twin electric motor hybrid City e:HEV RS as one of the 4 variants offered.

City RS e:HEV : 108ps / 253nm / twin electric motor / 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / E-CVT / Honda Sensing / RS bodykit / Price: TBA

City S / E / V Models: 121ps / 145nm / 1.5L 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / CVT / Prices: V...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience