Where to buy Mintex brake pads?

Ryan Loong

Aug 5, 2019
Does anyone here know where I can buy a set of Mintex M1144 brake pads for a Satria Neo. Specifically for the rears. Even just a number for a shop that brings in Mintex pads would be great. Thanks in advance!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Google PH Auto... call them and ask. Good luck.

Ryan Loong

Aug 5, 2019
Google PH Auto... call them and ask. Good luck.
Thanks for the lead man. Greatly appreciated.

Edit: Googled and called both shops who were listed under PH auto, both also ended up being confused about what I meant by Mintex lol.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Seldom see Mintex pads nowadays, even my friend tyre shop used to sell but that was sometime ago. Checking Mintex fb page, last post almost a year ago......:smokin:Best you check shopee and Lazada, seems a lot of posting .....

Ryan Loong

Aug 5, 2019
Seldom see Mintex pads nowadays, even my friend tyre shop used to sell but that was sometime ago. Checking Mintex fb page, last post almost a year ago......:smokin:Best you check shopee and Lazada, seems a lot of posting .....
Yea unfortunately most of the listings online are for Conti cars and they also don't really have any "performance" oriented pads focusing more on just OEM replacements. Any leads online have also just been dead ends. Looks like the majority of the brake pads produced for the Satria Neo are just OEM replacements rather than performance pads.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yea unfortunately most of the listings online are for Conti cars and they also don't really have any "performance" oriented pads focusing more on just OEM replacements. Any leads online have also just been dead ends. Looks like the majority of the brake pads produced for the Satria Neo are just OEM replacements rather than performance pads.
Probably since Mintex is from UK , they manufacture more for Conti? But why Mintex, there are so many brands nowadays. Bendix Ultimate is performance , Trestor Advantage is the higher range pads from Trestor. There is Ultrex, TRW, EBC and so on.....

Ryan Loong

Aug 5, 2019
Probably since Mintex is from UK , they manufacture more for Conti? But why Mintex, there are so many brands nowadays. Bendix Ultimate is performance , Trestor Advantage is the higher range pads from Trestor. There is Ultrex, TRW, EBC and so on.....
TBH I don't even want Mintex pads it's just that with a Satria Neo your options for performance pads are pretty limited (unless you have connections lah then you can run Winmax, Cusco pads) and the Mintex M1144 was an upgrade found in the Satria Neo R3 (I think) so I conclusively know that those front and rear pads exist. It is especially difficult to find performance rear pads for the Satria Neo. Front's haven't been too difficult as I've managed to find EBC Green Stuff, Mintex M1144, Ferodo DS2500 & Rapid Stop pads but the rears essentially don't exist for those brands (except Rapid Stop).

Haven't actually heard of Trestor and their prices are REALLY affordable but reviews seem to be really scarce. May just end up going with Rapid Stop's I guess.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Thanks for the lead man. Greatly appreciated.

Edit: Googled and called both shops who were listed under PH auto, both also ended up being confused about what I meant by Mintex lol.
did you ask them pads they have for your car?

It’s a long grandfather story, but in summary Mintex = Trestor = Bendix

all abang adik. My assumption? Maybe stockist don’t want to carry so many SKU and brands. I think Bendix more common in Malaysia.

edit: if it the Mintex came stock in the Satria Neo R3, best bet is to go to proton and buy from them. They have a catalogue system for all the parts on their cars. Even if they don’t have stock in that service center they can order for you.

personally limpeh will just buy Bendix or Trestor whichever cheaper. But I’ll probably match the same brand and series for front and back to ensure the stock factory balance is maintained.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My VR is equipped with Trestor Advantage in front, for the rear in the same like you, difficult to find. So any pads will do. Anyway, the front needs to take most of the force. Even with the cheap pads in the rear can easily lock the rears......lol

Ryan Loong

Aug 5, 2019
did you ask them pads they have for your car?

all abang adik. My assumption? Maybe stockist don’t want to carry so many SKU and brands. I think Bendix more common in Malaysia.

edit: if it the Mintex came stock in the Satria Neo R3, best bet is to go to proton and buy from them. They have a catalogue system for all the parts on their cars. Even if they don’t have stock in that service center they can order for you.

personally limpeh will just buy Bendix or Trestor whichever cheaper. But I’ll probably match the same brand and series for front and back to ensure the stock factory balance is maintained.
When I asked them whether they carried Mintex's for a Proton Satria Neo they said no, so I just thanked them and ended the call. Was so focused on searching on Mintex's that I didn't even think about asking if they carried any other brands. Searching for R3 parts from Proton you'd probably have more luck finding gold in your backyard. They don't carry R3 parts anymore and PPSC is currently such a mess that I'm not even going to bother trying with them. (Fun fact I've been trying to buy a dipstick from them for the past 6 months)

I've also been considering getting the Bendix Metal King other than the Rapid Stop's.

Ryan Loong

Aug 5, 2019
My VR is equipped with Trestor Advantage in front, for the rear in the same like you, difficult to find. So any pads will do. Anyway, the front needs to take most of the force. Even with the cheap pads in the rear can easily lock the rears......lol
Yea I spoke to a guy who raced Satria Neo's and even they ran stock rear brake pads with aggressive front pads.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

where's the fun of buying a complete car bryan. im sure ur orange supra came from a stock supra! LOL

i think the stock photos is around here somewhere, look, here it is!!

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience