What's The Difference Between RON95 and RON97

thomasyong2525235

Known Member
May 19, 2012
Delta Quadrant
Well to be fair, there wasn't a long interval between me using regular 97 and the Vpower Racing. If indeed my plug is in bad condition or any other problems, I would've noticed it even when I'm using the regular 97 but that's not the case.
What car u driving mate???
Anyway,Difference is minor only...if RM3.2/LITER can make addition 15% to 20% increase, Kakimotor/JC Racing/N1 all bankrupt liaw loh

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Hahaha...yes Boss,i DIY a bit...kiasu mah,in case i see a fighter on the road...

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Honda DC2..Yeah, I figured the difference would be minor. Just curious as to why it feels as though it is inferior to regular VPower. FC seems the same though..didn't really check seriously so could be wrong.

thomasyong2525235

Known Member
May 19, 2012
Delta Quadrant
Honda DC2..Yeah, I figured the difference would be minor. Just curious as to why it feels as though it is inferior to regular VPower. FC seems the same though..didn't really check seriously so could be wrong.
DC2? Car already fast,still want more ahh??? Hahaha...have to go serious stuff like Hi Cam and all loh with standalone....that's the only way you will feel more power in your case

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

But every 3 days? wah!!!!!!!
Last time when my car was still using 4g15,i more crazy leh...i would take throttle out as well to wash,and exhaust manifold to wash exhaust ports....kakakaakkakakaka

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
From my personal experience, the difference between RON95 and RON97 is very noticeable.
A 18.5L RON97-46.5L RON95 mix yielded 22% better FC then solely RON95 on 270km long distance test. Smoother engine and response is obvious.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
From my personal experience, the difference between RON95 and RON97 is very noticeable.
A 18.5L RON97-46.5L RON95 mix yielded 22% better FC then solely RON95 on 270km long distance test. Smoother engine and response is obvious.
On what car dude?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I usually pump at Manjalara Shell, today I pump at Mont Kiara since on the way to work...
Seems engine much quiet now. Tak ada tak tak tak sound, will try pump again at Manjalara
next time...see if is the same...:driver:
hahaha I usually pump at Manjalara Petronas. So far so good.

I gatal gatal went to pump RM50 BHP dat day...not bad and quite smooth as well. Still unsure on the consumption yet as still got half tank to go
Both of u so near to me. If u guys like Petronas, go Bandar Sri Damansara.
New station, feels nice. :D
Manjalara Petronas so tight. :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Both of u so near to me. If u guys like Petronas, go Bandar Sri Damansara.
New station, feels nice. :D
Manjalara Petronas so tight. :rofl:
No longer going for Shell now :rofl:
I'm going for Petron/Esso/Mobil.

Car is more responsive and smooth. In terms of responds is better.
But then in terms of good FC, still Shell was better.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No longer going for Shell now :rofl:
I'm going for Petron/Esso/Mobil.

Car is more responsive and smooth. In terms of responds is better.
But then in terms of good FC, still Shell was better.
Really? I've never had any decent performance or FC figures with Shell

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys!hello! i'm new here! :biggrin:
alittle introduction of myself,20yo,stay in malacca,previously own a Viva with minor performance mods(exhaust,plugs,air filter,shocks) till 1 night i fell asleep and crashed into trees,the whole engine fly out 10 meters away :driver: :banghead: :P i were fine tho just broke my arm and ankle but my car were not :P

so long story short,i'm planing to buy a proton satria with 4g63t VR4 about 12-15k.i'm able to claim about 23k from insurance company,so...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience