What Makes a Good (Bad) Driver?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There is a story i heard from Ian Khong himself haha! That one day cant remember which road, there was a roadblock up ahead, and then Brothers and YS Khong (shud be the dad I think). One of them started drifting down the corners, then the other 2 follow suit as well. Then right in front got roadblock and was stopped by the police but cant remember what he said about the police asking them. But the cops let them go. :rofl:

but was late at night no cars.
You know Ian Khong also?
I was stopped for doing 106kph in 90 zone, but Police ask me rev my car for him to hear then let me go?:hmmmm::hmmmm::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You know Ian Khong also?
I was stopped for doing 106kph in 90 zone, but Police ask me rev my car for him to hear then let me go?:hmmmm::hmmmm::biggrin:
No one has better experience than TitanRev, police stopped him then ask him to give him a ride in his CT200h. haha! Say is a nice car haha!

I know him, he dunno me, got to hear the story from him when collecting my prize from him with another chap.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
just join ZTH TTA, if u make it to the top 3 then u are a good/skilled driver.
i remember the few years back in trackday autoshow forgot what event..got one stock standard factory spec all round (including tyre) Proton Persona setting fast laptime and leaving many lancer gt/hatcback 2.4 in the dust :driver:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I believe it's 50/50 thing towards the driver's skill, experience and how fast he can react or change his driving to the situation and also how well the car is setup. You have good drivers and support staffs. Just like in F1 or NASCAR, SuperGT...all the drivers have their own set of tricks couple that with good support strategy from the pit crew.

Just my 2 cents

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
wow... all sifu talking track business dy :adore:

for me, put away the track business, a good driver is very simple, use your signals when changing lanes, go into junction or out of junction and etc, dont do idiot double park but if you have to pls leave contact to ask u back to move ur car away,give way to other people while you can do it and they need it, dont slow or jammed other people on the road while looking for 4D number when people accident, speed reasonably,not too fast to go heaven too soon and not too slow to make people late to go work, dont hug the right lanes, and dont drive like you are playing midnight wangan.. these simple things are needed to become a good driver on the road.... if some people said they drive sport cars must drive like a racer, then they for me is really just a bunch of brainless idiots... :stupid:

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
A good driver for me is the one who can drive smoothly. If he drive a manual car, he dont make his passenger head banging everytime he upshift and downshift. He know how to match the rev to minimise the jerking as much as possible. Turn wheel smoothly. Like in initial D, as if u put a cup of water inside the car, the spill is minimise. He give a good gap with front car. So he can see the surrounding (in front) better. The most stupid driver is those who like to cucuk his front car. And fill his visibility with the front car rear end. This kind of good driver will make his passenger very confident with him even if he drive fast. They can even sleep and only wake when u arrive ur destination even on long journey. The key is, fast but smooth.

TheDuckster

Known Member
Jun 18, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
forum.lowyat.net
No one has better experience than TitanRev, police stopped him then ask him to give him a ride in his CT200h. haha! Say is a nice car haha!

I know him, he dunno me, got to hear the story from him when collecting my prize from him with another chap.
so that means more reason to get the perfect car huh :driver: :proud: :hmmmm: :adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Mosh? Maroon Persona right? Tyres using ATR Sport leh. Rims, yes.
rear still silverstone if not mistaken :listen:

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

A good driver for me is the one who can drive smoothly. If he drive a manual car, he dont make his passenger head banging everytime he upshift and downshift. He know how to match the rev to minimise the jerking as much as possible. Turn wheel smoothly. Like in initial D, as if u put a cup of water inside the car, the spill is minimise. He give a good gap with front car. So he can see the surrounding (in front) better. The most stupid driver is those who like to cucuk his front car. And fill his visibility with the front car rear end. This kind of good driver will make his passenger very confident with him even if he drive fast. They can even sleep and only wake when u arrive ur destination even on long journey. The key is, fast but smooth.
got one girl....and latest is my little brother...

while i'm driving manual...they ask...this car auto issit? :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
so that means more reason to get the perfect car huh :driver: :proud: :hmmmm: :adore:
Depends on u. If u like to show off your car, then getting the perfect car would be your choice.
If you just need a car to drive then, any car that fits your requirement will do.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You won't be able to afford the "perfect" car la. No offense. My perfect car costs 15mil to drive on the road. You should just look for a car you will enjoy to drive, regardless of quirks or weird characteristics, you'll like the car whether or not it has problems. If you buy a point A to point B car, you'll be a road bully because you'll just want to get it over with (driving).

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You won't be able to afford the "perfect" car la. No offense. My perfect car costs 15mil to drive on the road. You should just look for a car you will enjoy to drive, regardless of quirks or weird characteristics, you'll like the car whether or not it has problems. If you buy a point A to point B car, you'll be a road bully because you'll just want to get it over with (driving).
No matter how hard I try, my kancil failed to be road bully :frown:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lately there has been reports on strange series of accidents with the ultimate Audi R8. It was not in Russia but in some other West European country, the newest and limited edition R8 was burned down in matter of seconds, Its light metal body melted down and nobody could explain the strange phenomenon. One Audi R8 less. But the reasons are not so mysterious as in Europe...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience