What kind of spark plug fouling is this?

titan_m

Known Member
Sep 12, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi RigerZ,

I had a similar problem like you before. That's actually oil sludge buildup. Is your exhaust smoke white in colour?

If so, you're leaking oil into the combustion chamber. It's quite a major problem already. You have to get it rectified with your mechanic.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
it is likely that the plugs had oil deposit. Oil is leaking past the worn valve-guide, or worn piston-rings.....and oil goes into the combustion chamber. Symptoms are very hard starting, misfiring and serious engine hesitation (jerking, stopping, etc)

The plug cannot be used already. Suggest your to repair the mechnical prob....and use a fresh set of plugs....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If not mistaken,worn out valve guide seal will only causes smoke at certain condition.
let the car idle for 2-3minutes and then rev the engine.if during idling there are no smoke and when u rev the engine only smoke are produced then its the guide seal.

Yours is magma engine.most probably u needs a top overhaul if the bottom part are in good shape.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If not mistaken,worn out valve guide seal will only causes smoke at certain condition.
let the car idle for 2-3minutes and then rev the engine.if during idling there are no smoke and when u rev the engine only smoke are produced then its the guide seal.

Yours is magma engine.most probably u needs a top overhaul if the bottom part are in good shape.
Agree, for valve guide leak, usually after you park the car for some time or overnight. Next start up will have white smoke for a while then will disappear. Will not foul the plugs until that condition.
Most probably piston ring or piston worn...:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I had this problem before. It's either your coil pack is broken or your valve seals is bad and you need a top overhaul.

Just overhaul la.. this problem is a pain in the ass to troubleshoot because sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
An engine that simple, top overhaul would take half or just one day....

unless there are more hidden surprises discovered during the overhaul.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
A top overhaul is recommended. Some times people try to save money and just change the valve seals without removing the head. I dont recommend it. Better to once and for all remove the head and do a proper top overhaul. Make sure to use good valve seals. Seen a few cases less then a year start burning oil due to extremely cheap top sets.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Buy OEM top-overhaul set. Would just cost a couple of hundred buck....but will last a long time.

Save the trouble replacing sets of plugs and save cost of topping-up engine oil due to leaks.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
haha..did top overhaul for sohc proton engine within just a few hours (i think around 4-5hours only) because just swapping new head and gaskets...

for valve seal replacement now also certain workshop got special tools to replace valve seal without removing the cylinder head...so a very quick proccess around 3-4hours from start to finish...

AlexKen

Sep 29, 2014
Paka
Just do top overhaul.. (If ur piston ring or block still in good condition)
If u got extra $$$.... General overhaul is recommended...:wink: Good luck bro!

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
for valve seal replacement now also certain workshop got special tools to replace valve seal without removing the cylinder head...so a very quick proccess around 3-4hours from start to finish...
I have just removed 3 pcs defective valve seals using my own special tool to removed retainer lock without removing cylinder head.

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I have just removed 3 pcs defective valve seals using my own special tool to removed retainer lock without removing cylinder head.
What the heck!!!! :top: that's what I call true DIY SIFU!!

Where'd you find the round part to compress the springs? Looks like a perfect fit!

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
What the heck!!!! :top: that's what I call true DIY SIFU!!

Where'd you find the round part to compress the springs? Looks like a perfect fit!
The presser was I made from 3" GI Water Pipe. Cut it half length wise to removed window portion and again weld together. This presser was initially use in my earlier design of C Clamp Valve Retainer Lock Remover. Which require a removal of cylinder head of my 4G13 to replace all valve seals.

Here's the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET8k4iFT7Tw

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Recently i went to test drive a nissan sentra b13 with sr20ve 20v and 6 speed manual gearbox.
I am quite interested in the car.
Anybody have opinions on the reliability and maintenance?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience