What engine in a 406?

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hey petrol heads,
Toying with the idea of getting a peugeot 406.What japanese engine can i plonk in without changing the mountings?If not then my other option would be to BOT.If i do that would i need a standalone ECU or can i piggy bag with emanage or something similar.Hope some forumers or mechs who are familiar with these setup can advise me.thanks.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Hey petrol heads,
Toying with the idea of getting a peugeot 406.What japanese engine can i plonk in without changing the mountings?If not then my other option would be to BOT.If i do that would i need a standalone ECU or can i piggy bag with emanage or something similar.Hope some forumers or mechs who are familiar with these setup can advise me.thanks.
Erm.... not familiar wif conti car... but can u try

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_406#Engines

Err.. plonk jap engine in conti might warrant some changes (correct me if i'm wrong).... the only car I know can change to a jap engines are
  1. volvo S40 1st gen since at that time volvo collaborate wif mitsu... I remember my boss change his s40 mounting wif waja's because volvo's so expensive
  2. Lots of Rover's car (before BMW ownership circa 1994)

but I think can pass jpj since i've seen so many conti/jap hybrids registered already

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hmm yup was afraid of modifications to the mounting.might not so reliable or mountings may give way during har acceleration.beemer is ok if it's the 3 series 96 and above model.the rounded type.i'm not to sure E.. what.not familiar with the models.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

halo, all sifu here, i wanna know wat 4G93p flywheel wat weight in stock? and wat weight lighten is suitable? or max weight lighten?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience